Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Story][Open][RP] Enter the Sabre
[Story][Open][RP] Enter the Sabre
This idea oddly enough started while I was kicking a writers block for Dakota. It started as someone that was so heavy biomodded that they where pretty much a human mind in a completely animal body do to someone experimenting on them. It evolved from there until he ended up pretty much a ghost in a machine.
My muse works oddly and tends to latch onto things until I put them down onto paper.

Sabre Fang - wiki
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

(( I want to set it up as a Investigative type RP for the second part that takes place in the 2013 at the end. If the hooks are good enough feel free to go ahead.))

May 2, 2015
Lunar surface

Fendane, fendane, fendane, yes fendane, I’ve never in interested in
running off to explore space like the other fen. I however always
wanted a mech of some sort. Not one of the more well known ones, I’d
figure they’d be a dime a dozen after a while. How little I knew at
that time, figures most fen got fixated on that they could make their
car fly. With the moon just a short waved trip away I can’t blame them.
Considering that I’m leaving my foot prints in the lunar dust as I type
this while watching the earth floating there in the sky. I wonder what
future generations will make of the giant paw prints crisscrossing the
moon. Anyway, I’m just a ghost in a metal shell, a echo as it where of
a man named Stae Nor.

I went and built a zoid, took about three years to do. It helps to work
in a salvage yard that has a bunch of rat rod builders. So people
wouldn’t ask questions when you wander off with materials to build
things. They figured you where building a rat rod somewhere. Since I
didn’t have wave when I started it was almost completely done when I
got my first can of the wave. I wasn’t passed it quietly by someone
else or had it mailed to me. It just showed up on my door step one day
along with a note on handling. Hindsight says I should have realized it
was bait at that time. If I had talked to some of the builders in the
area I’d learned that they had gotten cans as well. Most of them have
had run ins with the law and tossed the cans as soon as they could. Me?
I just danced a jig and started taking my work apart to wave it.

The wave? I fed it on print outs of zoid captures from the TV shows as
well as box art from the model kits. Took a while and a lot of the
wave, but I finally got it finished. Even had time to paint the armor
with a mix of wave and metallic yellow automotive paint. Borrowing a
idea from Battletech while scrounging together the computer core. I
built a waved neural helmet to help control the movement and balance.
When everything dried I climbed into the cockpit of the zoid with a
extension ladder. First time I booted up the zoid and put the neural
helmet it was like being dipped under water. I found out later that it
made a copy of my mind to use as a interface with me, but that was
later. When I surfaced everything was more clear, I could sense things
through the sensors as if they where my own. Feel the power coursing
through the zoids frame.

So
I took ‘em for a spin under the night sky,bounding over road , hedge,
and fence. Across the farmers fields. I lost track of time with my fun,
the zoid was like wearing a really well fitting glove. I returned to
the old barn that I had built it in during the false dawn just before
the sunrise. So lost was I in the feeling of power I forgot to scan the
barn. It came back to bite me while I was in the process of standing up
to remove the helmet after opening up the cockpit in the form of a
burning pain in my chest. Like someone shoving a pair of hot pokers
through it. Then the numb and cold came as I fell from the cockpit. The
blackness took me after I hit the ground, but that last sight as it did
will haunt me forever. It was as if I was looking down at myself on the
ground as a man stepped from the shadows towards my body.

What happened
between then and when I ‘woke’ up. I’ve only been able to piece together
from news reports and accounts from Fen that investigated the robberies.

October 15, 2013
State of Kentucky, USA

“This
is Tam O’hear reporting from Campton at the site of another midnight
bank attack. As you can see behind me the bank has been mostly
destroyed with the vault missing. Authorities believe the suspects are
using handwaved machines to attack the banks and carry off the vaults.”
The camera pans over the remains of the bank as she is talking, showing
half the single story building to be flattened. While firefighters and
police pick through the remains. The parking lot has been badly damaged
by something. The camera pans back to the reporter, “This has been the
third such attack in eastern Kentucky, the vaults from the other two
banks still haven’t been located.”

“The
only leads so far was a recovered ATM video from the Bank of America
attack just south in Jackson. The Authorities have not released that
video to the news as of yet. All other external cameras in all three
robberies where destroyed before they could film anything” The reporter
nods, “Now to Janny for the weather.” A man lifted the remote and clicked the TV off before turning towards the others siting in the room. "The boss wants two more banks hit and then for us to lay low after disposing of that mech." He points to two of the men standing in the back, "You and you are to go hit that old couple over in Mountain Valley. They have finally waved that RV, you're to hit them tonight." The man draws his finger across his neck to chuckles all around, "Slit their throats and make it as bloody as you can and take the RV to the usually drop point then get off world." The two picked grin and slip out the door. "Now the rest of us have a bank to pick."

(( Frenchburg, Stanton, and Campton are the towns in eastern Kentucky that have been hit. With each bank being pretty much flattened to gain access to the vault room to cart it off. There has also been a number of disappearances in the area. ))
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

Late 2013?

Well, I'm looking to do something with Jet, but wasnt sure what. So Jet's available if you want to use her.... she was part of the PKG at the time, and dealing with big cybernetic things would be right up her alley. Especially after the war when she worked as a troubleshooter for some years.

Also... there could be an interesting conversation between the pair about feeling the Lunar dust underfoot... and the like.

If you guys like, I would love for Ben and Gina to get in on this. I think I may be able to squeeze them in somehow.

It's open, write up why they'd be dropping down 'dane side to investigate the robberies. This goes for Dartz as well.
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

It depends on how much information about the robberies makes it up to fenspace, and how much comes into the hands of Operation Great Justice. If it was later into 2014, it might be easier for me. Jet could simply be assigned as a troubleshooter when some US agency makes a special request to GJ. Jet worked as a courier through 2012, into 2013, only taking on more combative missions later in the war. She's also quite Fendane... only leaving Earth when she had to, and spending quite a lot of time living there after about 2017. Until it became a pain in the metal ass again.

Jet's Panzer Kunst Gruppe, so it's feasable for her to be sent... especially if at first it seems to be a relatively simple mission...beneath the notice of most BNF's.... it could be her first. It'd also be a good way for her to meet Ben and Gina for the first time.

Stop who/whatever this is, before Uncle Sam unleashes the A10's (Actually, are they allowed do that? I know the Irish military can be deployed for law enforcement, but Americans have weird ideas about things like that). Find where all the money they nick is going and if it's being funnelled to any Boskonian kingpins, or just the local gits.

Hm, the third robbery would have started hitting the national level news. I had a youtube segment that I was kicking around. I'll finish that up. It would probably get the rounds in fen faster then 'dane side news.
On the military side of things, states have to ASK for the military to come in, otherwise it is illegal. Most likely Kentucky's governor will call out the state's National Guard units first. For that matter If I remember right there are National Guard units with A-10s.

Few Hours later
Youtube

A
shaky night time video has been uploaded. It shows four vehicles
circling just above a bank. A pair of what looks like work vans, a very
large tow truck, and a flatbed with a odd device on the back. It looks
like a giant U pointing straight up and slowly turning. One of the vans
dips down to the roof to pick up someone from it. They all then rise
higher into the air with the camera holder tracking them. Then snaps
back down as something bounds into view and slams itself into the side
of the bank. The bad camera handling and dust thrown up makes it hard
to see what it is, but the pieces of building being thrown around
speaks of something powerful.

This goes on for about a minute before
stopping. The tow truck and both work vans dip down into the dust cloud
before rising again moments later with the tow truck hauling a large
object behind it. The vehicles begin to move off to the viewers left as
something large and cat like bounds out of the remains of the bank
after them. The shaky video makes it hard to get a good look at and
it’s speed doesn’t help as the whole group vanishes off behind a stand
of trees. The whole video is only three minutes long and the poster has refused to list where it was taken. Most of the viewer comments to the video are highly anti-fen in nature.
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

The youtube video having forced his hand. The governor of Kentucky has put out a quiet back channel calls to the fen for help with dealing with this problem. He wants it taken care of quietly as he doesn't want a panic as would happen if he called up the National Guard units armed with anti-tank weapons. Revealing that there have been cellphone disruptions in the areas of the robberies while nothing has shown up on radar. As well as witness reports of something large in the area of each robbery.
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

Right right... I'll go with Jet taking the case. I'll probably cut in with her being picked up at $Kentucky_airport and given more information on the situation from local law enforced. And a few weird moments from DHS handwavium restrictions asking Jet to remove the armour for testing, "Err.... it doesn't come off," and a trip to the local Agency's headquarters.

This being a handwavium incident, the Institute would be all over this. Information collation being one of the Frequency specialties, the Blazers would probably be on the scene fairly quickly. Not the WW1 necessarily, but there are at least 2,500 Blue Blazers by about that time, and they all have ways of contacting Buckaroo.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

I'll IM you a bunch of info Ebony, I don't like writing other people's characters, hence why I have this open. I'm also lurking on IRC usually.
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

October 2013?

So this is a couple of months after Serenitycon, is it? (Which was August 2013 from what I gather) That actually gives me an interesting idea for any interrogation of the prisoners, .... a bit of a bluff that plays on post-9/11 US to encourage them to talk.... since they're most likely locals under the influence of someone bigger. Words like 'unlawful enemy combatant', 'funding terrorism'... horror stories of airlockings. followed by a promise to let the US Federal justice system handle them, instead of the fen, if he talks about who he's working for.

"Do the fen really do stuff like that?"

"No... we normally let the danelaw take care of 'em anyway. But he doesn't know that,"

Dartz Wrote:October 2013?

So this is a couple of months after Serenitycon, is it? (Which was August 2013 from what I gather)
That's right...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Story piece me and Dartz where working on, this is Dartz character Jet arriving in kentucky to deal with the robberies.
http://drunkardswalkforums.yuku.com/topic/7476
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

Blackaeronaut if you still want to bring Ben and Gina in. I can toss you the google doc link that me and Dartz are using for rough draft stuff.

Edit:
http://docs.google.com/d...hkey=CKDU5cEJ&hl=en#
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

That's grand then. The only references I found where "Fall 2013", and "About a month after July 2013". Is there an exact date?

Google doc's is a really handy thing for collaborating, because we can be all in the documents at the same time, editing in response to each other. It's pretty useful for projects like this, and much nicer than the old fashioned way of trading emails. Once you get both people going at the same time anyway.

Hrm... to be realistic, Ben and Gina themselves probably wouldn't be able to get involved - their place is making sure 36 Atalante stays up and running, not to mention taking charge of their high-profile ops (smashing Boskonian outposts and the like).

This is part of why the Space Patrol was formed, after all. Roughriders are more like UN Coalition Forces while the Patrol is more like Interpol. However, it doesn't mean there won't be any help coming out of Ben and Gina's quarter. Gina herself is a member of the Hacker Underspace, and she keeps Ben posted with all the important bits that go on there.

Plus, Ben's a machinist - Skuld has snapped him up as one of her own because he talks to his machines. That, and he loves to build awesome things (Skuld begs for a look at the Midnight during their visit to Fenspace in LoGG). He'll probably have the best ideas for safely taking down the mystery mecha.

Hrm... Gina gets wind of things, passes it on to Benjamin. Benjamin requests data and upon receipt, analyzes closely. Cue the Blue Hair, cause Ben's a half-mad scientist. In short order, he constructs a device for safely taking down the mech - he figures it's a zoid, but he's not sure which one. The device is inspired by a similar one used by police to stall-out high-performance cars that use electronic ignition/timing systems. Instructions read: Target area behind head of the mech - probe must catch as close to the motor control signal trunk (an analogue of the human spinal cord) to paralyze the mech. Effective for up to five minutes or until the probe gets dislodged - whichever comes first. Also capable of putting down Fen-ships - do not allow TSAB or other 'Danish authorities to obtain!

Would Ben pass up a chance to lay his hands on a mech? I just had this sudden image of them dressed up like they are going out on a big game hunt. XD

Course while looking for info they could find out Jet is already on the ground in the area and send the device to her. It would be useful on the waved vehicles the robbers are also using besides the zoid.
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

Oh, he would love to see it, no doubt, but he knows where his responsibilities lie. At the most he might send a trio of Jess's. Or maybe a few members of Sailor Atalante's team.  (^_^)  No, that's no joke.  Yes, they're all biomodded.

blackaeronaut Wrote:Plus, Ben's a machinist - Skuld has snapped him up as one of her own because he talks to his machines. That, and he loves to build awesome things (Skuld begs for a look at the Midnight during their visit to Fenspace in LoGG).
Hold up there a moment, BA... I thought Ben and Gina weren't with the group of Roughriders who came to the Pinnafore's rescue.

I'm going to need a list of who, exactly, is in that war party (and I'm going to need to do a bit of re-writing).
--
Rob Kelk

Strike Pack generally refers to the primary force in a Roughrider's contingent. In this case, they're crushing a Boskonian Rock, one that's been camping out not terribly far away from 36 Atalante. That pisses Ben off and he takes a personal interest in the matter.

So, for this Op, Strike Pack consists of the Magnificent Midnight (outfitted with the usual 40mm twin-chinary coil-guns, two 20mm point-defense Vulcans, and the cargo bay loaded with 18 anti-spacecraft missiles) with Bronwyn's flight of F-EZigs (6 missiles, 20mm coil guns), and the Tough Love (drop tubes for Sailor Atalante's team, the rest of Bronwyn's Squadron and a Gravity Bomb to ensure that the Boskonians can't make use of the base again). Overkill maybe? Not as far as Ben is concerned. The way he feels is that it's better to go loaded for bear and come back with everyone than take the chance of the other guys having more gun than you.

blackaeronaut Wrote:Strike Pack generally refers to the primary force in a Roughrider's contingent. In this case, they're crushing a Boskonian Rock, one that's been camping out not terribly far away from 36 Atalante. That pisses Ben off and he takes a personal interest in the matter.
Then we've got a problem - having somebody from 36 Atalante show up anywhere near the Venus-Jupiter route in May 2013 is like having someone from USFLTFORCOM show up at Pearl Harbor. (Do-able, but extremely unlikely because there's a star/continent in the way...)

If you can give me a reason for the Strike Pack to be anywhere near Ceres, though, I can make this work... Edit: but let's do this by email, and give Dakaota his(?) story thread back.
--
Rob Kelk

Second part has gone up Enter the Sabre - Day Two

If you want to be part of the delivery team for the anti-zoid device let Dartz or me know.
Or add a basic write up at the bottom of the google doc we are using to write up the pieces. It's set to let anyone edit and we both have backups of it.
http://docs.google.com/d...hkey=CKDU5cEJ&hl=en#
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

There's also a few things on the Panzer Kunst Gruppe in there. None of it directly contradicts anything mentioned in the wiki.... or anywhere else I could find... Mostly that their home base is 'Grunthall' somewhere, and that Jet's superior is someone named 'Alita'.... whether that's a codename or not I don't know. I've got my own working assumptions based of Battle Angel Alita... If there's any other stuff on them that anyone has I can change things to match it quite easily.

I've also finally managed to find these places on Google Maps... and that's a damned big messy area to be searching in for one itty bitty bus-sized cat. Especially since it's all wooded over.

Dakota Wrote:If you want to be part of the delivery team for the anti-zoid device let Dartz or me know.
Given the location, it would make more sense for the device to be delivered in a sports-team bus than in a recognizable Fen delivery spaceship... so, if you want, it could be dropped off in the http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... _Transport]OGJ Troop Transport Katase, driven by http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Yayoi_Fujisawa]Yayoi and accompanied by http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... i_Sakuragi]Takami (who's carrying the software "keys" to make the gadget work). Explaining the presence of two early-20-something Japanese girls is a lot easier than explaining the presence of a Starbug or the Galaxy Express 999, after all...

Edit: I just noticed http://drunkardswalkforums.yuku.com/topic/4032]the only story Takami is in isn't on the FenWiki yet. I'll have to rectify that oversight. Re-edit: http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... e_New_Girl]It's up. And linked to from the character pages for Takami, Noah, Buckaroo, and Dee.

Re-re-edit: D'oh! October 2013, not November 2013! Takami's still in the process of waking up for the first time while this is going on. Obviously, she can't be there.
--
Rob Kelk