Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[meta] Expect more Senshi illustrations...

blackaeronaut Wrote:Old, but useful in that it gives us a look at something we haven't seen before - the actual retracting gun turrets.
Alas, the 3D model doesn't have retracting turrets... (At least, not that I can find.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I know. That's just if someone was feeling industrious enough to try making them. I know seeing those videos helped me a lot to visualize how these bad boys look when they're gunning for trouble.

Do you want it to BE a B-36 or inspired by a B-36?  I might be able to get MonkeyFist to do an "inspired" picture.

Weeeeeellllll, later on there will be upgrades... Wink

Looks like this is one render I don't have to do...
--
Rob Kelk

I'll just drop this here so I don't forget about it... http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/empi ... =6987&_m=d]&]something for the distaff Space Pirates to wear. Not quite the anime-inspired outfit I'm hoping to find, of course, but close enough.

(And that first image in the set reminds me of why I don't like Aiko - she looks like an AI trapped in the Uncanny Valley.)
--
Rob Kelk

Yeah, A4 is . . . ugly.  I used to use A3, almost exclusively.  There was a lot I could do with her to make her look less anime, but even so, she still had more character than A4.  But, now that they have faces that make V4 pretty as opposed to "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" I'm happy using her.  I use some of the A4 morphs from time to time (she has a nice morph for making V4's hand more slender).

Even odds that somebody's installed http://www.sharecg.com/v/50917/browse/1 ... 5-Computer]this on Starbase 1... so I'll download it for later use.

(Ooh! The books are a separate prop... so I can replace them with others.)
--
Rob Kelk

Mark Skarr Wrote:At least this one is a step in the right direction.  I still have countless free models that would require me to build the entire directory structure and put the correct files in the correct folders.  No, they don't give instructions or advice, you're just supposed to figure it out.
I found something that might help with that: "Poser Loader", available on http://www.wolfiesden.com/poser/utilities.asp]wolfiesden.com's software page. Note that I say "might" - I haven't tried it out yet.
--
Rob Kelk

Yay! I found http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/inde ... duct=70239]Natsuko Aki's hairstyle! And it's morphable to become Makoto Kino's hairstyle (assuming I can find a beaded scrunchie like the one she wears to keep the ponytail in place), bringing us back to the "more Senshi illustrations" that started this thread... Come to think of it, a lot of anime girls have this style 'do (Popola from Working, for one), so it's likely to see a lot of use in my runtime.

Too bad I'm too busy to set up a render this weekend... but I've got a 10% off coupon for Renderosity that's valid today only, so I'm buying it right now.
--
Rob Kelk

I'd just use a torus and a couple of sphere primitives to 'fake' the scrunchie, myself. Odds are good you won't get an angle that the elastic part of the scrunchie is going to be under any sort of scrutiny, and the beads can be easily set in the materials room to look right.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Browsing Renderosity while looking for something to use my 15%-off Mother's Day coupon on, and I came across http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/inde ... duct=65555]Karlin. I'm thinking she's pretty darn close to StellviaCorp's vice-president, so I've added her to the order. I can use the V4 bodysuit and a cheerleader's skirt to fake a Senshi uniform, Karlin comes with a selection of eye colours, and I've got morphing glasses... but Yayoi's hairdo isn't in my collection yet. Anybody know of anything at all close? (http://www.fenspace.net/images/f/f3/Yayoi_Fujisawa.jpg]reference photo of figure) If not, I'll just have to say she changed her 'do, but that's cheating.

I'll also need to pull back a generic "asian" skin texture, since I doubt any of the character-specific ones I have will work with that much "talent" - any recommendations for or against amongst the multitude of skins available?
--
Rob Kelk

While looking for textures, I found a calico-cat texture and morph... but it's for earlier versions of the Daz characters (which I have but haven't installed). "Calico Cat Girls : Posable tail, smart-prop whiskers, face file, and texture set for Vicky 1/2 and the Mil Kids." The download ink is at the end of the "Character Textures" section of http://www.morphography.uk.vu/dlkati.html]this webpage, on the off-chance that somebody else might want to play with the set.

(There's http://www.morphography.uk.vu/dlqueen.html]something else on the same website that's probably of interest to anyone rendering images of the Warsies...)
--
Rob Kelk

Ooooooo-kayyyyyyy... I don't remember http://freelancecomics.blogspot.com/201 ... loads.html]these versions in the source material, but I've only seen the original TV series.

The original modeler's renders:
[Image: evangelion_plugsuitexp_003_by_evileliot-d3ftctr.png]
[Image: evangelion_plugsuitexp_011_by_evileliot-d3fte23.png]
[Image: evangelion_plugsuitexp_006_by_evileliot-d3ftd4m.png]

So, BA, is this the "slightly-modified" suit that the Roughriders pilots wear?
--
Rob Kelk

Not at all. That's something that Jess secretly peddles on her online boutique. Ben only knows of it because one night Gina decided to surprise him. Wink

Although I would imagine the outfits are popular over at Candy Apple Red's.

They're all based on a Rei figure (quick google search turned up http://www.duckicecream.com/2008/04/11/ ... oto-shoot/]this), based on some artwork.

Ah... Yamato Shunya Yamashita Rei Ayanami Statue. Searching on "Yamato Shunya Yamashita" got plenty of pics of the Asuka one and associated art (and much, much more).

blackaeronaut Wrote:Not at all. That's something that Jess secretly peddles on her online boutique. Ben only knows of it because one night Gina decided to surprise him. Wink
With either Rei's or Mari's outfit, I'm guessing.

Cobalt Greywalker Wrote:They're all based on a Rei figure (quick google search turned up http://www.duckicecream.com/2008/04/11/ ... oto-shoot/]this), based on some artwork.

Ah... Yamato Shunya Yamashita Rei Ayanami Statue. Searching on "Yamato Shunya Yamashita" got plenty of pics of the Asuka one and associated art (and much, much more).
Why am I not surprised. (Why, oh why, couldn't the Japanese otaku have chosen to fixate on characters who are actually of age? Then we'd get illustrations and figures that don't have a built-in squick factor. But, no, they had to latch onto some 14-year-olds...)
--
Rob Kelk

The otaku? The otaku may have started this by latching onto the girls, but it's Gainax that's been feeding them with cheesecake image after cheesecake image for fifteen years now.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

It's a symbiotic relationship. I'm sure Gainax will stop making Eva figures just as soon as the otaku stop buying them...

Anyway - I found http://www.sharecg.com/v/48810/browse/1 ... nterocitor]a little something to put in a corner of Noah's office. (Everybody has one, right, Tom?)
--
Rob Kelk

Now you're just making me guilty about my (small) figurine collection.

robkelk Wrote:Anyway - I found a little something to put in a corner of Noah's office. (Everybody has one, right, Tom?)
I can imagine that it's a 50/50 split on the betting pool as to whether it's real, or Noah's just messing with people's heads.
I also imagine he isn't telling.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

*POOF*
This conversation has summoned the Forum Pervert.
My first comment upon checking the skins out was:  "Hmm, it's missing the bra for the Test Plugsuit.  The transparency must not be so great, I'll have to fix that."
Also, Asuka is thirteen for much of the series as her birthday is in December.  As a pervert, I see nothing wrong with any of this.  Me, personally, I'm not that big a Rei fan.
Above my main TV, in the living room, is what we call "The Shrine to Asuka."  This picture is fairly old, I'll have to have MonkeyFist take a newer one when he gets time:
[Image: TV.jpg]

Oh, and, yeah.
Mmmmm, Asuka (very early render).
[Image: AsukaJ.jpg]

Dartz Wrote:Now you're just making me guilty about my (small) figurine collection.
You're a generation younger than I am, though.
JFerio Wrote:
robkelk Wrote:Anyway - I found a little something to put in a corner of Noah's office. (Everybody has one, right, Tom?)
I can imagine that it's a 50/50 split on the betting pool as to whether it's real, or Noah's just messing with people's heads.
I also imagine he isn't telling.
But of course.

(Although I'll have to change the image it's displaying when I render Noah's office - there's no reason he'd be watching Star Trek on a triangular screen.)
Mark Skarr Wrote:Above my main TV, in the living room, is what we call "The Shrine to Asuka."  This picture is fairly old, I'll have to have MonkeyFist take a newer one when he gets time:
I recognize a few of those...

Speaking of fairly old photos of figure collections, here's mine. Not all of these are still on display, and there are more than a few that have been added in the last three years:
[Image: fullcase.jpg]
--
Rob Kelk

Instead of derailing the thread, I'll just post a link to MonkeyFist's House album at photobucket.