If it's music, sure!
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

robkelk Wrote:If it's music, sure!
The whole Macross Frontier series was a mixture of Transformable fighters/robots and a singing contest! Wink

Image added to %[link=http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=342_Endymion]342 Endymion]. If you look very closely (I'd recommend looking at the large version of the image), you can spot three people - one male, one unmodded female, and one bunnygirl.

(Edit: I expect I'll end up using more of the models created by http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads. ... e=herminio]the person who created the colony model. If this one is typical of his work, he's good... and he's posted more than a few spacecraft OBJ models.)
--
Rob Kelk

Just updated the pages for Cislunar Space and Nouveau Paris, to take into account the retirement of the Herschel Space Observatory.

This might possibly be the last astrophysics-observation milestone that happens at the same time in both our timeline and Fenspace... although they didn't simply put the satellite into a parking orbit in Fenspace.
--
Rob Kelk

Interesting change to the Alexandria Archive security policy... Wink

But I am curious, is the Alexandria Archive's data available for everyone? Like a huge Fen-Google search engine?

HRogge Wrote:Interesting change to the Alexandria Archive security policy... Wink

Possible conversation at NSA HQ:

"They know everything about us."

"That's bad."

"They'll release it to our enemies if we try to erase it."

"Call the Pentagon and have that flying submarine of theirs nuke the asteroid. We'll call it a training accident."

Nobody wants that - it's no good from a storytelling point of view. Hence the change...

HRogge Wrote:But I am curious, is the Alexandria Archive's data available for everyone? Like a huge Fen-Google search engine?
That's a good question... I know some people have better access than others do - Noah Scott has been known to "lend his library card" on occasion, which indicates he can access data that others can't. But how much of the data can everybody access?
--
Rob Kelk

The problem, as I see it, with someone having an 'oops' near the archive is that any reasonable system has backups (the old write up pointed out that several people had access to material that could actually backup the archive), and as such an 'oops' would not only be supremely ineffective but actually the worst thing to happen.

It is in all probability an act of war to have such an 'oops'. The counter-strike is at the very least the original response (a rather embarrassing release of documentation) through Interdiction (which would include seizing all Space-based assets of said nation, which when you think about it is more damaging than anything else I mention), to actual military force.

In this case M.A.D. works for everybody*.

In fact, BEING such a backup is useful to many groups. I'm sure merely asking for a backup of day/month/year from the archive due to 'unfortunate circumstance with tape storage' (if said askee can prove said accident) will be very useful.

*Not as applicable as implied, given that the Fen don't loose as much in the event as a 'Daneside power doing such a thing.

@Cobalt: I don't think there are a lot of places in Fenspace that could fully backup a dedicated storage place like the Alexandria Archive... the only I can think about at the moment is Black Mesa.

There are other places that could store the backup, but they don't dedicate that much building time on storage system or plan to store different things.

Cobalt Greywalker Wrote:It is in all probability an act of war to have such an 'oops'. The counter-strike is at the very least the original response (a rather embarrassing release of documentation) through Interdiction (which would include seizing all Space-based assets of said nation, which when you think about it is more damaging than anything else I mention), to actual military force.

So you wouldn't mind if the 'Danelaw published all of A.C. Peters' secrets, including his/her full name? Or seized StellviaCorp's terrestrial property? Or instituted a "no-fly zone" over the various spaceports?

The only way to win this game is not to play.
--
Rob Kelk

I get the point, and agree. The problem as I saw it was the UTTER STUPIDIDY of the theoretical snippet, as everyone would know how badly it would go. I apologise for the knee-jerk reaction.

It is the year 2025 of the Common Era. A Decade has passed since the end of the Boskone Conflict and Earth began moving its burgeoning population into gigantic orbiting space colonies. A new home for mankind, where people are born and raised.

And die.

Nine months ago, the archive of Alexandria was destroyed in an unprovoked attack led by Earth forces. The response from space was immediate. Initial fighting lasted over one month and saw both sides lose half their respective populations. People are horrified by the indescribable atrocities that had been committed in the name of peace.

Eight months had passed since the conflict began. They are at a stalemate.

-Opening Narration to Mobile Suit Gundam Wave BLITZ (Gundam Wave Season 2) (c) Sunrise, 2017

Because that's pretty much the premise behind all the best Gundam series'..... and SEED.

I wonder if the one of the planned results of the Alexandria Project could be something like this:
http://orionsarm.com/eg-article/480d3b8925e59

HRogge Wrote:I wonder if the one of the planned results of the Alexandria Project could be something like this:
http://orionsarm.com/eg-article/480d3b8925e59
I suspect nobody has thought past the "grab everything" stage, but it does make sense to actually use the data rather than simply sitting on it.

At the least, that would keep the VVS happy...
--
Rob Kelk

Messing about with the Tau Ceti page. I've removed the fictional planets (while there may be more to find in the actual Tau Ceti system, I think in the end it's unlikely that we'll see big gas giants in the general area) and am working towards rebuilding Skaro as a warm Neptune with maybe an 'ocean moon' similar to Triton if Triton was close enough to melt properly. Thoughts, suggestions, demands to make me put it back the way I found it?
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

In her father's footsteps - Helen Scott, age 11 years, and Miyuki, age less than one minute.

[Image: 300px-In_her_father%27s_footsteps.png]

That's one more entry removed from the "Image Requested" list...
--
Rob Kelk

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Presenting, for the first time anywhere:

Makoto Miyadera!

[Image: 180px-Makoto_Miyadera.png]

(Click on the thumbnail for a larger version)

She has an image, and she's been in a story. I suppose I should write a character page for her...
--
Rob Kelk

Dropped a fair bit on the Wiki

K.M. Lun
Lun Alekseeva
Jigabatchi AV
R. Shinji Ikari
GKK Severstal
Edits to Epsilon Eridani to include details about the planet, including Sparks
Edits to Tannhauser gate to explain Gate Metal

I just added a student to %[link=http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Talk:Rinna_Kazamatsuri#Crew_Roster]the crew roster of the Rinna Kazamatsuri... (Scroll down to "Supernumeraries.") Does anyone have any ideas about the family she came from?

(And, yes, I did pick her name because I just bought http://www.daz3d.com/brooklynne]this character morph. Expect to see an image some time this week... Edit: Make that "http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... aboard.png]some time today".)
--
Rob Kelk

Our Commissar never did finish off the grand tour of L5 that he had sent Mal and Sora on.

Maybe adding an image to the Libertatia writeup might get the tour back underway...?
--
Rob Kelk

Following up on that new image, and since nobody active seems to want to do anything with the Space Pirates, I've written a description of Libertatia and added it to the wiki.

Does anyone recognize where I got the station Governor's name from?
--
Rob Kelk

I finally got off my backside and added the http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... ng_Company]ACP Engineering Company write up to the wiki, as well as starting the lay out for http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=The_Gauntlet]The Gauntlet stuff.

I'm thinking that most folks aren't really interested in the Interstellar portions of Fenspace (other than the Gate system), based on how little has been contributed by most folks.

Thus, I just tossed a bit of history and a planetary system description onto the Altair page, rather than posting it here for discussion. Assuming nobody complains, I'll do that again with other systems when I'm bored, I want to write something, but I don't have ideas for a story...
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:Assuming nobody complains
There's got to be a habitable planet called Eden in either the Groombridge 34 or Groombridge 1618 system. Macross Fen would rejoice. Other than that? *shrugs*
“In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
“They opened up a can’a dumbass!” – Jon Stewart regarding Fox News, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein

Some minor flubble last night. Nothing major.

Since it's pretty much confirmed Ford Sierra's a quiet biomod, she gains a quirk as a result of constant comparisons.
Added mention of the Detroit assembly plant to Sylia's page. (There's something ironic about Stingray Motor Engineering that I can't quite put my finger on)

Also, SS Ciara and SS Destiny Nova join the Port Phobos museum of Spaceflight in 2023. The Nova as the only vessel of its type remaining, with Ciara restored to a Boskone-era configuration. Scrapping something like the Ciara would be an utter shame.

DeputyJones Wrote:
Quote:Assuming nobody complains
There's got to be a habitable planet called Eden in either the Groombridge 34 or Groombridge 1618 system. Macross Fen would rejoice. Other than that? *shrugs*
Unfortunately, I've already claimed Groombridge 1618 for my GTV faction so the Macross Fen would have to look elsewhere.