Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[META] FenWiki "update and nags to update" thread

Been gaming all day, so just got a chance to make changes.
Bigger boobs, darker eyes, more-leveled hair.
WIP for A.C. Peters.
ETA:  Dropped IMG link due to size, updated picture on Photobucket.

Mark Skarr Wrote:Been gaming all day, so just got a chance to make changes.
Bigger boobs, darker eyes, more-leveled hair.
WIP for A.C. Peters.
ETA:  Dropped IMG link due to size, updated picture on Photobucket.
Found a fan sketch of Attim on deviantart: http://rykan4marius.deviantart.com/art/ ... ck-1958364

Not a perfect model, but better than nothing...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

The one I did has way bigger boobs.

I'd dearly love for someone to make hair like that as an object. The Perfect hair is one of the hardest things to find for Daz.

RE: Rob - Thanks fo the links.

RE: Mark - I've sent a PM with further coments and hopefully some useful links.

I'll take a look when I get home and see what I can do.
ETA:  If you haven't seen, I've PM'd you a new link.  
ETA2:  I see that you sent me a message . . . but there was nothing in it.
ETA3:  Here's the link to the current WIP.
ETA4:  If you don't like that dress . . . I do have other, sexier, dresses.

OK, I've checked this time that my PM actually had content.

Just added this to the Fen Sports page, with the permission of the original poster.
--
Rob Kelk

Cobalt, apparently Yuku didn't feel like letting me know I had a message until after I sent you an updated message.
ETA: If you're happy with it, when you check again, feel free to share that link.  I'll post the picture to my skydrive account as a PNG as I really, really, hate working in JPEG.  It will, however, be moved to a different folder, when I'm done.
ETA2:  Sent another PM with a new link (the old one is still good, for the time being).

Many Thanks go out to Mark Skarr for putting up with my micro-managing (not that there was much), because we now (after all the tweaks and a dress that wouldn't compromise with the Forum Pervert(TM)) have an official pic of http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=A.C._Peters]A.C. Peters on the wiki.

Admitedly, the following comment from Mark is pretty much true:
Mark Skarr" Wrote:I’m not sure she’d be allowed to go very many places wearing this “dress” ... without first filling out an environmental impact statement.
Hence the pic being 'taken' after a tech announcement at a Con.

My sister has asked me to do a picture for her (and, if it comes out well, it may wind up being donated to you guys as well), so I'll be working on that for a couple of days.

Doing some writing to work through annoyance over something I can't control, I filled in a corner of the Crystal Millennium's canvas: the AMP.

I indulged in a bit of silliness with the Commissioner's name - "Tachibana Mikan" is "Wild-Orange Orange". Does anyone recognize the origin of the four Special Tactics officers' names? (If you spot them right off, then I didn't disguise them well enough. If you don't spot them at all, then I disguised them too well... but I did offer a hint.)
--
Rob Kelk

Took a break from fiction and doodled some more in the Crystal Millennium's canvas. Hey, if I didn't write a few paragraphs on why the Senshi and StellviaCorp are allies, who would?

(Somebody else can write up why the Senshi and Wizards are allies... or why the Senshi and Soviets are allies, assuming they still are. I've left a few notes on the page.)
--
Rob Kelk

Dartz, I fixed that formatting problem you were having... by moving the list onto its own page.
--
Rob Kelk

The Fenspace Convention might be a laissez-faire government, but it's still a government... and governments keep records of their decisions.

Meet two of the civil servants who tend to those records.

(Please note that I have not marked Pat and Pru as open characters. I have plans for them...)

Edit: Now with an image! Here's the thumbnail:

[Image: 300px-McInnis_twins.png]
--
Rob Kelk

Feedback Requested:

We've had Starbase 1 on the "Images Requested" list for years. Does this model look enough like a thrown-together Federation starbase to use as SB1?
http://poserworld.com/Poser.Models/Sci. ... Model.aspx

I'm going to get the model anyway. (I have an "all you can download" account at that site.) Should I use it in Fenspace?
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:Feedback Requested:

We've had Starbase 1 on the "Images Requested" list for years. Does this model look enough like a thrown-together Federation starbase to use as SB1?
http://poserworld.com/Poser.Models/Sci. ... Model.aspx

I'm going to get the model anyway. (I have an "all you can download" account at that site.) Should I use it in Fenspace?
Hmm... Does this fit the idea that the Trekkies build it in parts which were put together in orbit?

It doesn't look like a something "modular"...

robkelk Wrote:Does this model look enough like a thrown-together Federation starbase to use as SB1?

Honestly? It looks like somebody took a low-poly http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Spacedock_%28Earth%29]Earth Spacedock model and threw a terrible texture on it to make it look "alien." Which I suppose fits the Fen aesthetic a little, but still...
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

Yeah... (So much for hoping we'd finally found something suitable, except maybe as a Borg Spacedock.) Back to the search...
--
Rob Kelk

Okay... Instead of doing anything with the Trekkies, I've just gathered together everything I could find that we've actually agreed on about http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... odeus_Grey]Dr. Asmodeus Grey, and updated his wiki page. I also tossed in a bit about how he became a "formal" Boskonian.

Oh, and I created an image of him. (Ironically, I based Fenspace's most-wanted villain off of Hiro 3, with realistic head 1 set at 50% and realistic head 2 set at 100%. I also gave him Hiro Hair, with the blond texture... and that's all you need to re-create him in your own renders.)

Edit: And, unless Valles chooses to return to the collective and tell me all the mistakes I made, http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Natalie_Baker]Natalie Baker now has an illustration, too. Two images down, over 300 to go...
--
Rob Kelk

More Senshi stuff!

I expect the Supers have a similar group to the fourth one that I've listed...

For those scoring at home - or wanting to help out - here's a list of what still needs to be written for the Crystal Millennium page with the notes that are currently on the page in place of actual content:

Politics: Relations with other factions: Senshi and Wizards
(An ad-hoc alliance of the two big "magical" fen groups, more a matter of common dreams than a working relationship... until the LOLsec Revelation.)

Politics: Relations with other factions: The Crystal Millennium and the Soviet Air Force
(at first a matter of mutual-aid while both groups' Luna bases were developing, then an alliance of necessity during OGJ, then the Senshi took VVS' announcements of magical theory and ran with them, contributing much to the research effort)
(This one requires Mal's input, so the rest of us don't derail any plans he has for the VVS...)

Politics: Future plans
(plans for Season 3/Infinities - developing Venus is Job One, but there's plenty of magical research to do with the Wizards, and closer relations to forge with the Blue Blazers as long as the Sammies keep providing search-and-rescue services)

Economy
(internal and external - give an overview of the faction-wide economy, then highlight each major economic engine in a separate subsection - tourist trap "Moon Kingdom Memorial Outpost", artificial-diamond plant and fuel-refinery "StelOil" at Crystal Titusville, more...)

Demographics: overview
(start with population and largest settlement - Crystal Tokyo)

Demographics: Ethnic groups
(list the prominent and notable groups - Primarily anglophone white nerds to begin with, because that's the nature of early Fandom, although Serenity I is black and feminism doesn't mix well with nerddom... and Fenspace starts to change early in Season 2)

Culture: overview
(what do they do? why do they do it? keep in mind the "stereotype" line in the faction box, but don't be straitjacketed by it)

Culture: Psychology and stereotypes
(develop that "stereotype" line in the faction box)

Culture: Religion
(if there's an official religion, give it a quick description; otherwise, discuss what religions if any are practiced by noticeable groups in the faction)
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:Yeah... (So much for hoping we'd finally found something suitable, except maybe as a Borg Spacedock.) Back to the search...
Okay, how about this as a building-block for Starbase 1 or New Yavin? http://www.sharecg.com/v/61798/related/ ... er-updated
(Currently downloading to investigate how many material zones it has.)

It'll take a while to assemble something, of course... Maybe this would be better for interior shots.
--
Rob Kelk

Suddenly, Ninja!

Or at least %[link=http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=File:Hidden_Asteroid.png]an image of 498 Tokio]...

Edit: Suddenly, Scholars!
Or, at least, an http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... ypatia.png]image of an access to The Alexandria Archive.
--
Rob Kelk

I noticed and repaired an error on the Fen Calendar: Yuri's Night is the 12th of April, not the 13th.

New navbox!

What pages did I miss?
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:New navbox!

What pages did I miss?
I maybe want to write a wiki page about "Macross Frontier" related project mentioned in the Gas Station story... if I do, I will put it into the Navbox.