Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[meta] Ping Cobalt
[meta] Ping Cobalt
For the longest time, I've been trying to figure out Kasumi's outfit. If I recall correctly, it's a mix of the outfits worn by Kasumi of DOA and Kasumi of Ranma 1/2... Is http://www.sharecg.com/v/50914/browse/1 ... A4-Costume]this outfit close enough? And if it is, do you have a favourite colour?

Embedding the promo images here so you can see them without visiting that page. Never mind what the character looks like (we know she's scary), just look at the outfits.

[Image: 83083.jpg]
[Image: 83084.jpg]
[Image: 83085.jpg]
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

OK, for a better description:

Take DOA Kasumi's default blue outfit; remove the arm and ankle guards; remove all detailing but the white ribbon edging the seems.
Add a full length apron with frilled shoulder straps and large bow tying the apron at the back (sort of like http://www.ranmaonline.com/gallery/imag ... mi_009.jpg]this. Make sure the body of the apron does not conseal Kasumi's 'attributes'.
Make sure the sword at the small of her back is included.
Kasumi wears her hair in DOA Kasumi's braid, but over her shoulder like Kasumi Tendo.

Thanks.

(And a bit beyond my skills at the moment...)
--
Rob Kelk

Ah. Remember that's her default outfit. Kasumi does the 'Sexy Maid' thing as a way to get A.C. to give in to A.C.'s major quirk (the whole 'heat within 24 hours' thing). If you want to go towards another outfit, remember Kasumi's a very sexy (and deadly) kunoichi who happens to share personality traits with Kasumi Tendo. The latter is not always visable.

Noted, but if I'm going to create iconic images for the FenWiki, I should use the iconic outfits where they exist.
--
Rob Kelk

So, Kasumi outfit like so?
[Image: KasumiJ.jpg]

Yep, that's more or less the base outfit. Rose cosplaying here? Smile

A second look shows either I was misremembering or this is slightly different than I was expecting.

Huh, looks like the ankle/shin guards are part of the sandals after all. For some reason I thought they were on top of some ankle boots.

Nope, that's not Rose.  Rose lacks the "assets" or mass to pull off a Kasumi (she's lucky that she's 42kg counting her hair).  I didn't have any good Kasumi-style hair, so I threw a new hair I got on her to see how it looked.  But, I told MonkeyFist that, if that hair had a better length morph I might use it for Rose.  Actually, that's the same body I used for Urd, but a different face.  Rose, Urd and Holly all use the same face, just with some tweaks (I think it's one of Rebelmommy's most beautiful faces).
If Rose was in FenSpace (haven't decided yet), it would be the same one seen in the pictures with Doug.  If necessary:  Krystina Anastasia Rose, born 1992, died 2006.  Killed in a car accident between Los Angeles and San Diego, California.  That's what Roses do -- they die.

Huh.

Must be the angles. Anyway, from the images of DOA Kasumi I've seen a) the top is a bit more closed (adding some lift up front) and b) DOA Kasumi is a bit more endowed.

Still, great find with the costume.

Okay, I've got the outfit. I've got a couple of aprons. I've got a face that claims to be Kasumi (but really needs some work). I've got a collection of eye colours, and a whole bunch of skin tones.

But before I spend $20 on something I might only use once, I have to ask: http://www.daz3d.com/i/shop/itemdetails/?item=6461]Is this the right hairdo, or http://www.daz3d.com/i/shop/itemdetails/?item=11063]is this one better?

Oh, and since Kasumi is studying medicine, should she have http://www.sharecg.com/v/43811/related/ ... ical-Props]these with her?
--
Rob Kelk

Lorelei is closer to Takahashi's Kasumi
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

True, but Fenspace!Kasumi is somewhere between Takahashi!Kasumi and DoA!Kasumi. Thus my asking Cobalt...
--
Rob Kelk

I agree with Foxboy here. Lorelei works best.

As to having the medical instruments, the Trekkie instruments I've envisioned were more TNG-style. And in any respect, she'd keep them hidden via 'Ninja Magic' if she did keep them with her (which, due to the mysteries surrounding Ninja, won't be revealed).

Noah tends to seen Kasumi as a combat maid, rather than a Ninja/Kunoichi AFAIK. Kasumi and A.C. do not adversely change this impression.