Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible crossover
Possible crossover
I was thinking of writing a crossover with the Pokegirls universe. You can find information about it here: Pokegirls, www.pokegirl.org/, http://www.angelfire.com/mn3/pokegirls/main.html. Basically it is a post-apocalyptic setting where a mad scientist has replaced most animal life with geneneticly engineerd sex obsessed monster girls.The treatment of them varies in every league(country) from nearly human to less then tools.I was wondering how the factions of Fenspace would react to such a place?

Many would react poorly. Even if the way things are is the best way of handling the situation, it's rather dystopian, even in the better leagues. I think J. Random Bluehair's reaction would be to biomod as many pokegirls as possible to eliminate the need for "taming", which would thoroughly upset the situation (and many people of power) in the leagues.

Proginoskes Wrote:Many would react poorly. Even if the way things are is the best way of handling the situation, it's rather dystopian, even in the better leagues. I think J. Random Bluehair's reaction would be to biomod as many pokegirls as possible to eliminate the need for "taming", which would thoroughly upset the situation (and many people of power) in the leagues.
I wanted to see how a very hopefull universe would react to the sudden presence of a dystopian one. I alos plan on having a scene where someone tries to biomod one and it turns out all they can change is coloring and maybe slighty reduce libido. Creating an obvious solution does not make for a good story.

I wrote an eloquent and involved response to this, but then I had a brownout which power-cycled my computer and I lost it before I posted it. To sum up, I think the story about the conflict between PokeGirls freed from their sex dependency by Fen and the society that developed in response to animalistic PokeGirls could be at least as good as the story about the conflict between Fenspace and the PokeGirl setting, and I hope both stories get written.
EDIT: and welcome to Fenspace. I keep forgetting that part...

Welcome to the forums, darkreader!

It isn't as though we haven't tried crossing Fenspace with a dystopia before - The South Is Rising (Someone Get a Hammer) is a crossover with Harry Turtledove's TL-191 universe, and that's pretty dystopian. But the dystopia crossovers rarely go anywhere...

I'm not saying "don't do this." I am curious as to what direction you plan to take it in, though.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Hm.

Well, if you go back a bit in the forum... *rummagerummage* to here, you'll find a story snippet about a VVS/UNPKF joint mission that nabs a particular Boskonian mad scientist from a lair somewhere in sub-Saharan Africa.

That Boskonian's name is Sukebe. When I wrote the story, I fully intended for it to be that Sukebe. Which, y'know, sorts the problem quite nicely in the eyes of Mod.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

Welcome to Fenspace, Darkreader. As mentioned before, we really don't do dystopian around here too well. That said, I don't think some people around here would mind a group of 'rehabilitated' pokegirls. But no earth-shattering powers, please.

If you feel up to working within the limits we have set up then, by all means, please present us with some character write-ups for commentary and general kibitzing.

Additionally/alternatively, you may go ahead and start your own dystopian pokegirls-fenspace fusion/crossover, but please do so elsewhere. Usage of any of our characters and factions may require consent from others around here (I certainly would).