Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, what am I going to do with this?
So, what am I going to do with this?
There was a lottery over on the Daz forums today - the first 100 people to follow the rules got to pick a number between 1 and 100, and four of those numbers were connected to prizes. I picked the very last available number... and won http://www.daz3d.com/i/shop/itemdetails/?item=13039]this mechanical beastie.

(Yeah - I almost never win anything. I was just taking the number so the lottery winners could be announced. Go figure.)

I really should use it in a render, but I'm coming up blank. So... Who in Fenspace might use something like this, and against whom would it be used? Any ideas, anyone?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Boskonian Terror/assasination weapon, developed by R. Agatha for use against 'good' mads like R. Kohran and the like.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Star Ranger4 Wrote:Boskonian Terror/assasination weapon, developed by R. Agatha for use against 'good' mads like R. Kohran and the like.
I like the idea... maybe I even have a story in mind where one of them might appear.

After loosing Quattro, going with something more replaceable and mass producible sounds right.

See, I was going to suggest it was a duct cleaner of some kind. But I'm practical like that.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

It's got an awfully sharp point on the tail for a duct cleaner, though.
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:It's got an awfully sharp point on the tail for a duct cleaner, though.
"Yes, but have you seen some of the rats after a Handwavium spill? They become Are Oh You Esses."
"Rodents of Unusual Size? Oh, come on, I don't believe they actually exist."
(I'm sorry, I couldn't help it.)
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Pipe cleaner then. Perfect for whacking scale and hardened deposites in sewage systems.

Actually, it would make sense to use both Star Ranger's and Mal's ideas. "Oh, it's just another pipe clea-urk"
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:"Rodents of Unusual Size? Oh, come on, I don't believe they actually exist."
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I was hoping someone would get the implied entrance of the ROUS to the scene. Smile
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

I look at it, and the only thing I can think is "Artifact Creature – Snake", which doesn't really help, because that's what it obviously is.

EDIT: Screw Gatherer, anyhow.