Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earth Economical changes due to Fenspace

Yeah, I doubt that "dinosaur killer" is a valid model for product delivery. And re-entry friction would be wasteful. I was expecting these things would work much as BA was -- a heat shield and a parachute.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Hmm... A basic guidance computer, some retro- and attitude control thrusters, heat shield, and parachute pack. Load 'em in a Blue Midget and just shove 'em out the back. It's a little more complicated than dropping supplies from a C-130, but the overall affect would be the same, yes-no?

Only complicated by the sheer size of a Blue Midget compared to a C-130. We're talking a spaceship that could carry excess housing from Ireland, after all.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

As long as the Earth nation perceives it as "large parcel delivery" and not "I am glad this thing did not hit New York" it should be okay. Size does matter! Wink

JFerio Wrote:Only complicated by the sheer size of a Blue Midget compared to a C-130. We're talking a spaceship that could carry excess housing from Ireland, after all.
Soooo, your parcels are the size of space shuttles.  I don't see an issue here.  Wink

blackaeronaut Wrote:Soooo, your parcels are the size of space shuttles.  I don't see an issue here.  Wink
As a note, we don't do Thanksgiving food drops. It just isn't done. Especially since the last one to inquire was under the impression that turkeys could fly. Tongue
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

o/~ Baby! If you've ever wondered...

Wondered whatever became of me?

I'm livin' on the air in Cincinnati...

Cincinnati, WKRP! o/~

''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

JFerio Wrote:As a note, we don't do Thanksgiving food drops. It just isn't done. Especially since the last one to inquire was under the impression that turkeys could fly. Tongue
Hmm... do you think if you wave them carefully the "prepared to eat" turkeys could fly? Wink

And you've just given me the weird idea to replace the MIRV's in an ICBM with independent delivery vehicles..... for those loads that absolutely have to be sent around the planet in a half-hour.

HRogge Wrote:Hmm... do you think if you wave them carefully the "prepared to eat" turkeys could fly? Wink
Naw, if we're going to go that far, I'd opt for the meat that delivers itself to your door, and so willing to be consumed that it perhaps even prepares itself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1nxaQhsaaw
--

Why don't we just put them in little 'waved gliders with homing circuits?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I can just see it now... "Hey, Bro! Lookit that thing! If I didn't know any better I'd say it was headed straight for-" *POW!* Wink