Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[META] Catgirls and the Nutrimatic Machine
[META] Catgirls and the Nutrimatic Machine
All catgirls produced by the Catgirling Machine need some specific sort of carbonated beverage in their diet.  Out in Fenspace, getting this might be problematic.  I'd suggest, quite early on, someone waved up:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w...rimatic_Drinks_Dispenser
the only problem being while this dispenses the needed drink, on a per-catgirl basis, it always tastes faintly of tea...  So, while the catgirl remains healthy, they might end up with a craving for "the real thing".
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind

Many catgirls might also have their "personal storage" in a waved icebox of their vehicle when they are away. Its not that they ONLY drink their personal beverage... Wink

Still, a machine like this would make a great surprise for some Fen coming through a new area, catgirl or not.

I was working on the basis that catgirls could get by on a standard human diet, or even Dole Yeast, but they needed to have their specific carbonated beverage. Yes, I'd hope most were wealthy enough to have a personal vehicle, with supplies, but in hard times...
--

Ace Dreamer Wrote:I was working on the basis that catgirls could get by on a standard human diet, or even Dole Yeast, but they needed to have their specific carbonated beverage.
I think the same.

Quote:Yes, I'd hope most were wealthy enough to have a personal vehicle, with supplies, but in hard times...
It sounds like an interesting solution for every place who expects random catgirls from time to time *G*

Ace Dreamer Wrote:I was working on the basis that catgirls could get by on a standard human diet, or even Dole Yeast, but they needed to have their specific carbonated beverage. Yes, I'd hope most were wealthy enough to have a personal vehicle, with supplies, but in hard times...
I suspect this is why there are so many American-style diners in Fenspace - one can get a wide variety of carbonated beverages at a diner.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

And they, in my experience, sell many more of them than the non carbonated ones; at least during lunch and dinner service.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

And they, in my experience, sell many more of them than the non carbonated ones; at least during lunch and dinner service.

NO QUARTER!!!

So, do I get accused of blasphemy, in saying that I don't like carbonated drinks? [grin]
--

Only if you go to an American Fast Food chain.

The Diners and other more sit down places won't. Plenty of lemonades, teas, and milkshakes available.

NO QUARTER!!!

Hmm...

So, start with:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbonated_water

Move on to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft_drink

And in particular:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...oft_drink#Health_effects

To things like this:

http://www.rodale.com/soda-health-problems

I'm going to assume that catgirl metabolism is different from standard human, at least in so far as ensuring there are no health risks from moderate consumption of the "carbonated beverage" which they need to consume as part of their diet for continued health. Otherwise, that would be a rather nasty thing to dump on them, and they've got enough problems, anyhows.

Though, maybe the catgirl equivalent of an alcoholic is someone who drinks their required CO2 beverage to excess, because it "feels good", and they might reasonable start suffering from health problems?
--

Ace Dreamer Wrote:I'm going to assume that catgirl metabolism is different from standard human, at least in so far as ensuring there are no health risks from moderate consumption of the "carbonated beverage" which they need to consume as part of their diet for continued health. Otherwise, that would be a rather nasty thing to dump on them, and they've got enough problems, anyhows.
I think it's safe to say that any biomodded person (and that includes victims of the Catgirling Machine) has a non-standard biochemistry of some sort. As another data point, note the lack of effect oral contraceptives have on Leda Swansen...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

robkelk Wrote:As another data point, note the lack of effect oral contraceptives have on Leda Swansen...
HUH?  I'm torn between "TMI" and "Link or it didnt happen"

NO QUARTER!!!

Well, here's the link... -->http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... ation-Ring]With This Station-Ring

Ah. and you two found out about it the *ahem* hard way. Thanks for the point back on that one.

NO QUARTER!!!