Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"From the Great Publishing Houses of Ursa Minor..."
"From the Great Publishing Houses of Ursa Minor..."
As I suggested in a different thread, here's a topic where we can put titles (and maybe synopses) of books published in or about Fenspace.
To start off, though, how about a list of Fen publishing houses?  A quick troll through the wiki reveals only Hogwarts' Press and Library Alpha's little press.  Surely there must be others in a civilization so inspired by the written word...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I wonder why Fenspace would really need "Publishing Houses"... maybe in the form of "professional editors/proof readers"?

I did think that there should be a Science journal around, but being mostly electronic it would only be a place to have your work peer reviewed.

Actually, Fen publishing houses probably take input and do all the layout/graphics retouching/general styling for electronic docs, as well as proof reading and editing.
(Hum... one of Prometheus Forge Productions lesser known side-lines?)

While there may not be 'Publishing Houses' as such, there probably is a printing house or two to provide Hardcopy (for back up purposes if nothing else).

As mentioned above, I've already done a short writeup of Hogwarts' Press, publisher of the Fenspace Travel Guide (primarily to give the Hogwarts page some actual content)...

Kandor Press has been mentioned (but not described) by a few folks.

And the thread Bob split this topic from names the Soviet Document Office as the publisher of a few different works.

(Let me say this right now: This is not a field that StellviaCorp has any interest in entering. If it was, they would have kept all the literary works in the Whole Fenspace Catalog for themselves, and published what they could of them at a profit.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012