Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Fenspace Infinities][CitD?] Virtual Pilots

I have collected a few first issues with the tech in the IRC, so let me add them here.

1) Letting a mind jump from one morph to another one (e.g. from a biomod to a human body... or between two different biomods)
2) Easy upgrading of the new digital mind (singularity, we are coming!)
3) Instant be anyone for anyone

I can easily see the "emulation" tech without any of this. So let me try to formulate a set of limitations that should be included into the technology and lets see if it becomes more acceptable for Fenspace.

The (meta)human mind both depends on the content of its mind (you could consider this "software") and on the structure of its biological brain and body (this would be the hardware). The emulator software has to be specificly written for one type of "hardware", trying to run a mind on the wrong kind of hardware (a different emulator or a different body!).

Because the mind is not converted into normal software but stays a collection of biologically structured memories and similar things, it does not become easier to modify or to extend. If you have the knowledge to modify a mind this way, you could easily do it to a biological brain too... or the other way around. If not, you cannot. At least not with the Fenspace techlevel in Season 3.

It took Catgirl Industries 10 years of experimentation and learning until they managed to write an emulator for a catgirl brain. It needs the computer power to run an A-class AI to emulate the "B-class" catgirl mind. Don't expect one for a human race or for a different biomod tomorrow.

> What happens to a Virtual Pilot if the biological body dies?

Unless you have the tech and resources to clone a new body with the right morph-type, you cannot get back into a biological body and has to stay in VR space. I would guess it becomes a problem in the long run because the 2026 body emulation is not perfect.

> Will the Virtual Pilot technology be available by the end of 2028?

Not sure what "Mind tech" would be available at what date, all of this tech has to be run through a part of the Fenspace Convention before Catgirl Industries can publish it. I would guess the "3rd eye" tech is available in 2025+, not sure about dates for the other mind tech applications. Most likely publishing them or offering them as a service will require some help from a third party who can keep an eye on the tech and vouch for it to be reasonable safe.

Messages In This Thread
[Fenspace Infinities][CitD?] Virtual Pilots - by HRogge - 08-10-2013, 05:18 PM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 08-10-2013, 08:49 PM
[No subject] - by Dartz - 08-10-2013, 09:18 PM
[No subject] - by M Fnord - 08-10-2013, 09:56 PM
[No subject] - by HRogge - 08-10-2013, 11:48 PM
[No subject] - by M Fnord - 08-11-2013, 12:31 AM
[No subject] - by HRogge - 08-11-2013, 12:59 AM
[No subject] - by HRogge - 08-11-2013, 09:17 AM
[No subject] - by HRogge - 08-12-2013, 04:54 PM