Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[RFC] That's not my name....
[RFC] That's not my name....
An AI doppel of a well known historical figures, asks to be left alone

Quote:When I awoke, I was hailed as a messiah…

I was the reborn leader of their movement. Their Leader. Returned from death through a miracle of technology. I asked about the movement I was supposed to lead.

They told me.

I was horrified.

But I could see how dangerous they were. I suppose, it was fear that made me play along, spouting things I had supposedly once said, while failing to fathom the sickness of the mind that'd cause a person to believe such things.

I feared for my life, if they found out I wasn't what they wanted. So, I played along at first even as I privately began to study my doppelganger. I read my book with dread fascination, and wondered what'd driven this other me to such insanity.

I listened to them talk up the depths of his murderous insanity, as if they were the greatest achievements of man. I have never been more appalled in my life at what I witnessed on grainy film.

I have never hated anyone. Not yet anyway.

I'm not what they expected at all. They didn't expect me to run away. Fear or not, I could not allow myself and my name to be used in such a way. And they hunted me as inferior, as defective. I'm sure there're ghosts who gained some satisfaction from that.

I truly hope they did.

And I can't ever but be truly sorry for what that man did with my name. I know it was not me, and that I am not that man. I have never done any of those things, and can't imagine ever wanting to. I just can't.

And still I feel guilty. I feel that somehow, I should've been able to stop him. Some form of me must've existed inside of him.

And I see those images and find it hard not to cry at what has been perpetrated in my name. I turned my creators into the authorities, and made sure they were sent to prison.

I felt like I should've been tried myself. But, by the laws of the time, I have done nothing wrong. Merely being cut in the image of an evil man, does not make me evil.

But I still wonder. Given the wrong opportunity, could I still become him? Could I be that ranting maniac? It must, I fear, be something that lives in the hearts of all men. A hero has the ability to become a villain. And a villain has the ability to choose to become a hero.

When it came to choosing what to do with my life, what could I do but return to my first love. The pay is meagre, but it's sustaining. And the stars and moonscapes up here are truly inspiring.

To think that humanity has come so far and achieved so much. It speaks to the power of man and his inherent nobility. Inspite of 'me'.

I don't go by the name I'm known as anymore. That name is forever tainted by him. I don't think the various charities would've accepted donations in his name either. It's the least I can do to make amends.

But if you recognise me, please, don't call me Adolf. Because that's not who I am.

---- well, calling that a risky story is an understatement, I guess.

Where is the LIKE button, damnit!!!????
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Very nice. If a person's twin commits an atrocity, does that person share the guilt by sharing the same face? Not in any reasoning, logical world. (And I could go off into a spiel about this not being one, but let's not and say I did, eh?) To use a fictional example, are the various good versions of Superman responsible for the actions of the likes of Herr Superman, Overman, and Ultraman? No. So, again, very nice.

He just wants to be a painter. ( Hitler's fall didn't really start until after WWI)
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

But does he have Freddie Mercury in his wardrobe?
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"