Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have an image, need a description
Have an image, need a description
I saw this image on the Daz3D forums yesterday, and the artist has granted permission today for me to re-post it to the FenWiki. So I did.

Meteor Shower

[Image: 576px-MeteorShowerB.jpg]

http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... howerB.jpg]larger version here

Who is she? Obviously, she's a catgirl. I think she's a bit naive, but that might just be my take on the image. Past that ... well, we did a pretty good job of describing Over The Rainbow as a group, so why not try that method again?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

A accidentally biomoded Earthside non-fen that has just come Up because of said biomod. Maybe a prank gone wrong or just ate something wave laced. So naive around all things Fen.
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

... I do hope she isn't actually in a vacuum, with that tail hanging out unprotected.

Or maybe it's just part of a costume.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

"The upside of the sheer size of the Kandor dome is you get weather effects. The downside of the sheer size of the Kandor dome is that you get weather effects. And that goes triple if you're near the crater rim outside the main city limits where the terraforming's still a little dodgy.

"Most of the rim's solid rock or it's been treated to hold the dome's retaining walls. But some of it - particularly the slopes near the bottom - is mostly cracked rubble and eons of lunar dust piling up. Now add a gazillion liters of water to this mixture and what do you get? Picture it: you're out on the rim minding your own business when all of a sudden a dome squall comes up and you hear this rumbling sound above you. You look up, and there's this huge mass of water, rock and mud coming down off the rim and straight at you.

"Thankfully it's not coming too fast. Outside the city the rest of the crater maintains lunar gravity, so the overall terminal velocity of all that crap is pretty low. Not quite so low you can avoid an avalanche by briskly walking away from it, but a good jog (plus some judicious leaping) will get you clear in a right hurry, even if it messes up your hiking expedition."
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

"You made me pose like this just so you had an excuse to use that lame pun, didn't you."

Quote:M Fnord wrote:
"The upside of the sheer size of the Kandor dome is you get weather effects. The downside of the sheer size of the Kandor dome is that you get weather effects. And that goes triple if you're near the crater rim outside the main city limits where the terraforming's still a little dodgy.

"Most of the rim's solid rock or it's been treated to hold the dome's retaining walls. But some of it - particularly the slopes near the bottom - is mostly cracked rubble and eons of lunar dust piling up. Now add a gazillion liters of water to this mixture and what do you get? Picture it: you're out on the rim minding your own business when all of a sudden a dome squall comes up and you hear this rumbling sound above you. You look up, and there's this huge mass of water, rock and mud coming down off the rim and straight at you.

"Thankfully it's not coming too fast. Outside the city the rest of the crater maintains lunar gravity, so the overall terminal velocity of all that crap is pretty low. Not quite so low you can avoid an avalanche by briskly walking away from it, but a good jog (plus some judicious leaping) will get you clear in a right hurry, even if it messes up your hiking expedition."
"You'd be surprised by the number of tourists we still have to pull out of the slides. Which is why they offer the fully enclosed helmet rentals to hikers. Also makes the tourists feel like spacemen in the lunar gravity of the dome edge."
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

This will do, to start: http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... ty#Hazards

But I'd still like to know who she is, so keep going!
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Okay, first off she isn't a catgirl. I know, pointed ears and a tail it's an easy mistake. She'd correct people but she's rather shy and still in utter aw of everything she's seen off Earth and Kandor City in particular. So, what is Edna? She's a Little. Alright she's pretty big for a Little but it isn't as if she wanted this mod even if she does think that The Littles are much cooler than the Borrowers. Still, 4'7" is small for someone who used to be a 5'11" woman, even if it's a giant of a Little.
How did she get her biomod? Apparently someone decided it was time to play Lace the Con Suite Food again. Fortunately the guy was quickly caught but not before Edna took a plate of nachos to snack on while doing her volunteer time watching over one of the video rooms. As the person in charge of the room she was able to start things off with disc 1 of the Littles dvd collection she'd brought with her. Sure it's a kids show but it's the one thing from her childhood that she never wanted to give up (and there is a deviantArt account full of fan art to prove that).
She'd never really felt like she fit in at her old job and the attention turned on her as such a public victim left her uncomfortable. So she sold off much of her belongings, dropped off other things with family and friends and found a ride up. The bad part is that she has arrived with no connections and no immediate plans. The good part is that if she can find clients then being a little shy of five foot tall shouldn't get in the way of being an architect.
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.