Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
open-ish character in need of more detail
open-ish character in need of more detail
I happened to turn up an old /tg/ thread archived from 2013, and noticed a character that just screamed of Fenspace.

[Image: 1373227642674.jpg]
>System: Shadowrun
>Concept: Ex-russian go-fast Gunbunny/Smuggler
>stats: load every skill point into Pilot (ground and aircraft), Assault rifles, Etiquette: Street and Mechanics. Knowledge skills are mostly smuggling-oriented with some gambling thrown in for good measure.

This is her Sukhoi. There are many like it, but this one is hers. She bought it from the state when she resigned from the air force. It was due for retirement to pay for new aircraft and tanks anyway, and she saved it from the scrapheap, or worse, being sold to some eastern european pig-farmer state.
Now, she flies for fun and for pleasure. She keeps it on her farm, where she tills the earth and grows a variety of crops of varying legalities to help pay for the fuel, using her Sukhoi to deliver some of the less-legal products.
Her favorite pastime is setting off east german speed cameras. It's expensive and dangerous, but there's nothing like getting mailed a shot of your afterburners, with an estimated speed in mach numbers.
This is her sukhoi. There are many like it, but this one is hers.
Sauce: http://warosu.org/tg/thread/25870940#p25874228
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

She doesn't respect most of the famous factions, not even the Trekkies. For them, travel is a necessity to reach where they're going. For her, travel is the experience.

She does respect the asteroid racers. Even if she wouldn't fly the way they fly, flying is what they do.

She's a member of the same guild of independent couriers that Ramona Jackson is. The two might even know of each other.

(BTW, which Sukhoi? I have 3D models of a 26 and a 47, so if it's one of those, I can do a size-comparison render of her craft. Since you mention "estimated speed in mach numbers", I'm guessing not the 26.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I dunno, it's in the picture. Definitely not either of those, though.
If the picture doesn't work hotlinked, it's available on the linked source archive post.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

(goes through the archive post)
Close enough that I can get away with using the model of the 47.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Su-47 is what Daryl Haur's current racer is based on... sort of.

The one in the image is an Su-27.