Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Few notes and ideas into the melting pot...
Stream of thought... Council
This all started when I got the thought that factions tended to be for want of a better word 'balanced' or rather have opposing sides. At each tier as
you level through-out your career you will encounter various factions that seem to be fighting each other. And I was looking at that for inspiration for
missions.

Let's see what you can get when you toss two of them together...

Hellions vs Skulls

Thugs vs Trolls

So far so good. Nothing to see here moving on...

Council vs Sky Raiders.

So then I went and researched these two factions in ParagonWiki...

The match does't work. I knew the back story of the Council, involving Buckneer and Vandel and all those interesting characters including the lovely Center
dude. Yes, 'The Centre' of Khedlian fame. (And who says there isn't much content and intrigue in CoX if you don't go digging?)

Anyway.

The thing is the Sky Raiders were originally part of a unit that formed to fight threats like the Rikti, but their leader just happens to hate super-powered
types as well. If anything they would probably form an uneasy alliance with the council looking to exploit them and then turn on them later. Another major key
point in the Sky Raiders background is -It's All A Nemesis Plot-! Their leader was nudged off the rails from military man to merc. by getting a letter from
Nemesis which laid the blame for the Rikti war on the Freedom Phalanx.

So the Raiders hate the Vanguard. And the Rikti. ... And Super Powered types.

Surely there is something there that could be used. Some way some of the background could be used to make some lvl 30ish arcs.

Good start for 'Nemesis Plot' arcs would be Agent Six.

And about here is where I ran out of steam and decided to post it here.

Shader

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Morganite - 09-09-2008, 07:59 PM
[No subject] - by Ankhani - 09-09-2008, 10:27 PM
[No subject] - by Evil Midnight Lurker - 09-09-2008, 11:45 PM
[No subject] - by Morganite - 09-10-2008, 06:03 AM
Stream of thought... Council - by Shader - 09-12-2008, 06:06 AM
[No subject] - by Norgarth - 09-27-2008, 01:09 AM