Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post your creations!
Post your creations!
Even if they're only on Test at the moment... I just posted a story called 'One mans cure...'

I've posted at the moment my test of Nogi's Kunoichi mobs, and the beginning of Terr's Catgirl Nightmare arc Wink
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

As mentioned elsewhere.... Arc 6207 "Red Cap Discovery" by Jelidan1 ... be gentle.

Okay, did MD's arc first. Very interesting, I like that take on the lost. Good arc, little tough to run on the character I ported over to test (Juri, 19 is
too low for stamina *sob*). Might look into making it slightly higher, like 20-25ish.

So, thumbs up for story! It was just the right legnth I think, not too long and not too short.

Nitpicks: there's a typo in the boss's text at the end (I think it was supposed to be the word "let" and it just had "le" in it)

more general notes on mission architect: Well, in doing MD's 2 mission long arc, I earned 6 badges and 474 tickets. whoa. O.o

More to come as I play more arcs... I'm more interested in playing than writing anyways. Smile

Yeah, maybe it's the way my connections been acting up, but I get a little bit of lag while typing... catching missing letters is HELL. Also, I've set
it to 5-19 because leaving it at 5-30 like the standard lost setting is means it'll default to 30, and then Rikti show up :lol

Yeah, makes sense... but Rikti don't show up till 30 iirc... so up to 25 should be safe.

Fox's story "A Fox in the Henhouse" was fun. You can tell that there was a lot more put into making the custom characters and less into filling out the storybits. But that's okay, that's what test is for.

The gals that were mind control/martial arts with flight were AWESOME. Didn't realize they had MA until I got close in, then the roundhoused me and I was just sitting there staring for a moment dumbfounded. That was cool. Big Grin Also enjoyed the Archery/Nin characters too.

Having all your minions be */nin is sneeaky, but fun. Luckily my willpower scrapper has heightened senses, so she could see them fine, but they were neat.

One thing I would suggest is fleshing out the small details. Such as instead of the goal saying "4 locate intellegence reports" being "4 intellegence reports to locate". Other than that, it was really fun and the unique enemies in there were really neat. Good job!

Making Lady Nogi the contact is a neat trick, here's a screenie I took: http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x7/U ... dyNogi.jpg

... Can you set it any other way then placing level specific bosses?

*shrugs* I dunno MD, the others might though. I'm more into playing content, than making it.

And for my final run of the night, did MicroHue's arc Redcap arc. At first I thought I would groan when I saw it was an Oranbega map, but you kept it
linear so points for you Smile

One note I would make is to warn people they may need more than one party member before they have to accept the mission, instead of it being in the
contact's first dialouge (which they get after choosing to do it).

So many redcaps made it throughly fun, thanks in part to Parry from Broadsword's set, I didn't take much damage at all and walked through them like
butter. Your little SURPRISE at the end really shocked me. I didn't expect to find him there (I didn't know you could set that low level enemies to be
bosses in the 40s), but it was awesome. Fun fight!

So, totals for tonight:

3 MA Missions

993 MA tickets

12 Badges (Thrill Seeker, Ticket Taker, Extractor, Activated, Gamer, Early Bird, Ticket Hound, Elminator, Poor Impluse Control, Destructive, Workaholic,
Architect X)

About 1/3 of a level with patrol XP (noting MD's mish was limited to 19 so no XP there, only got XP in the last 2 Arcs)

Somewhere between 500k and 750k Influence

All in all, a huge thumbs up from me for MA. I'm really looking forwards to what all you can throw out. Bring it on! Big Grin

If you really want some fun, look up "Lights, Camera, Mayhem!" by Johanna Sinclair. Samuraiko makes the best dialogue Smile

Alright, did that arc and it's pretty neat. Though I didn't even try fighting most of the arc... everything was dead before I ran in range. :lol

Got 4 more badges (Ticket Fiend, Show Off, Do Gooder, and Admiring) and now have a subtotal of 1055 tickets.

Spent 555 of those on a Silver recipe roll, and got Obliteration Dam/Rech, which is a pretty nice little recipe.

And speaking of spending your tickets... I'll probably be primarily spending tickets on some of the damn hard to find rare salvage. 540 tickets for any
rare salvage in the game (Deific Weapon, Soul Trapped Gem, you name it!)

this looks like what Merits were supposed to be..

I am SO EXCITED
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

And you just can't hide it? Smile

--Sam

"Now you're a tiny two-headed bluebird who can only speak high-school French!"

Heh. I've already had a TEst mish reported.

I had a Comics con with the outfits that get genericced in 1.5 levels from the creator Big Grin

Though I was really proud of the "SuperSaiyan Vegeta" EB called "Generic 000 009 001"

I may remake the mish with fights between "true generics" and Longbow. OR just have a few "Totally NOT Spider-man" knock-off paintjobs...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat

-- James Nicoll

The sneaky part about "Red Cap Discovery"... only the final room needs to be cleared. Tongue

Jelidan is a Stealther... you expect me to clear that map by myself when I'm testing that mission?!? *grins*

I was thinking about tossing in a patrol but thought it might be a bit much. Besides I don't want to ruin the surprise.

I'll make a note along the lines of 'hope you have some friends with you' in the accept dialog.

It was back loaded... so with a team it should be ... diabolically fun. *grin*. I've only seen it solo.

Thanks for the feedback.

Shader.

Comment for Atlantea. If you make the clue name too long (as the second clue was), it runs off the end of the line. And I don't think there's much you can do to change the width of that window. Doesn't seem resizable through normal means. If the clue name field takes the hard HTML br bits, you may need to manually line-break it. Or, y'know, just use a shorter name.

Otherwise I had fun with Cyberman 8's arc. =D
-- Acyl

Did C8's arc Acyl, and wow, those were some NEAT looking machines you created. Big Grin

I liked what Atlantea did with the martial arts guys. That was cute. I am slightly =( that only a few of 'em looked...well, like I expected them to look, but I suppose that would have been too easy... =P
Meanwhile, I've published my own first attempt at a single mission. Had to scale it back a little to make the thing fit, and the map isn't really as good as I'd like. But I'd appreciate it if you could check it out... and read the custom character bios. That's my favourite part of this little insanity.
I recommend doing this in a group if you can... it's trivially easy to solo, but in my mind, the ideal version of this mission has zomg massive spawns. The fact I can't hit that density on solo settings makes me a sad panda.
Arc name is Fashion Victims and it's published under Acyl.
-- Acyl

Yeah, what was going on with the bots is that you're seeing them in various stages of completeness. In that mission, only one was considered a
"finished product", the boss at the end. The rest were either prototypes, testbeds, or cobbled together in a hurry from spare parts lying around.
They each have descriptions if you care to read them that explain what you're seeing, more or less.

Fashion victims was fun, but I agree, way too easy in Solo mode. Especially as I did it with Mechanon Prime. No challenge at all! But cathartic. Yeah! Take
THAT, Gold farmer! ^_^

Quote: Evil Midnight Lurker wrote:

And you just can't hide it? Smile

Roit! Stop that roit now! There'll be no singing! No singing, I say! It's too silly!

(=^_^=)

Damn, server went down. I THINK I had autosave on...

*Checks file out of curiousity* Oh hey, they're text files! Handy!

oops, sorry. Meh brain was chiken freid last night. Tongue

When I get home I'll try the fashion victims arc you created there Acyl. ^_^

I made an update of that bot mission. Corrected a couple of things and added an ambush. I'd like to play it with multiple folks and see what the spawns
look like.

EDIT: Oh - it's mission 8624.

Fox. Your ninja SUCK. Ow... *Goes back to hospital.*

Ah good they're challenging.

Let's see how they do against a TEAM...

-- James Nicoll

Arc ID 10594, the Hunt for Reichsman.