Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MA Idea: Revenge of Technos
MA Idea: Revenge of Technos
So, I've been contemplating making a mission set based on my Redside character and rival of the Virtue League. However, I'm looking to see what groups
have decent looking robots as I don't recal who does and doesn't

Any suggestions?

Off the top of my head, here's a list. And please bear in mind there may be very very mild spoilers here for folks not totally tapped into game lore... =P

The Sky Raiders have humanoid Jump Bots. Supposedly combat droids. Not really clear how sophisticated they're supposed to be. Skeletal-looking mechanoids.

The Council have humanoid Mek Men minions, larger 'gorilla model' Zenith units, and flying drones.

The Fifth Column have the same robots as the Council with slightly different textures. I'm particularly fond of their version of the flying robot -
Valkyries. They have a hilarious cockpit/head design.

Clockwork, Psychic Clockwork, are...well, KINDA robots, but really they're animated by the King's powers. Whether they count, I dunno.

But the Praetorian Clockwork that are blue or silver - those ARE supposed to be bots, built by Neuron and Anti-Matter. The Praetorians Siege and Nightstar have
'mass production' models of their android forms available as full factions. The Praetorian enemy groups are unlockables in the MA.

Nemesis has Jaeger robots. Fake Nemesis are also robots. The walking mecha things are cyborgs, there's a human form visible floating inside.

Rikti have flying drones. Their Elite Boss mecha suits could look robotic as well.

Arachnos have flying drones and walking spider-type robots (some of the larger ones are cyborg armor, however).

The Paragon Police (PPD) have mechanical units at certain levels, boss, lieutenant, and minion. These are 'gorilla model' types. They also have flying
police drones, the same model used by the heroside safe area zappers.

Malta Titans are technically cyborgs. They're based on a Cold War Soviet design, and use a human brain in the operating system.

Longbow and Vanguard have large robot 'heavies', but these are used as temp powers or - in the case of the full-sized Longbow Heavy - only in
Recluse's Victory. I don't know if you can use these in the MA.

While you cannot use Mastermind Robots directly as enemies, if you assign an MA custom enemy the Mastermind Robots powerset, they will summon pets depending on
their difficulty and rank (minion, lieut, or boss, etc). This is probably a good bet for you.

And that's all I can think of...have I missed anything? Dunno...

Please note that you'll be restricted in the number of source units you can use in a mission...their level ranges need to overlap. It'd be impossible
to use the Mek Men minions from Council/Column together with Malta Titans, for example.
-- Acyl

You can use the Longbow Heavy, but he's an EB locked to level 54. Be afraid Tongue

(moved thread to Mission Design subforum)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.