Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARC 33998 The Unbearable Lightness of Chuckles
ARC 33998 The Unbearable Lightness of Chuckles
The fight with Chuckles the Troll is on! Magical Trevor indeed.

One complaint I have is scaling - there does not appear to be a way to limit the level of my Custom group - our at least I have not found it yet.

(Damn caught one type already)

Fixed the level see-saw by building custom trolls.

What you do is put a battle in the back with a lowbie mob at your cap level versus your awesome custom mobs. They should Annihilate the normal mobs and leave a
spawn of hurt customs.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Looks like there's some formatting problems in the first mish offer dialogue - no spaces between some sentences, after the full-stop.

Most of the character bios aren't complete sentences or properly punctuated. Granted, that might be intentional, but it's still jarring to me. 'course, I'm probably fussier about that than most people. It's the editor in me showing. =P

A lot of the NPC speech is missing minor punctuation as well. Namely, many lines aren't capped with a period.

I suppose I might be nitpicking here. But for me, when I'm enjoying an arc, it's always the LITTLE problems that stand out more, y'know?

Otherwise, I quite enjoyed this. Mind, I'm currently living in the country this thing lovingly riffs off, so I'm probably closer to the subject material than most. But honestly...the whole premise was terribly amusing, and all the dialogue incredibly well written. I had a good laugh at a particular parody boss in the final mission, especially since I didn't get the joke in his name until he was almost down. At which point I actually laughed.

Five stars from me, on sheer amusement value and originality alone, though there are those small issues of polish that I mentioned.
-- Acyl
Punctuation.
Yeah... about that.

I was encountering an odd error in the mission creator. About 3/4 of the time I entered text with punctuation, it would not let me save the final result,
complaining of improper HTML characters. There was an additional error with the mission text, which kept dropping carriage returns. Despite it previewing
properly in my mission tests.

Thus I embraced my inner troll (he lives next to my inner fish, inner child, and the thin person trying to get out) and went for the choppy and
unpunctuated.

The Hemmingway of trolls.

To Die.

In the Train.

I take it the laugh aloud boss was Wreck'um. Use the troll world cup with pride!

Glad you liked it.

Shayne

Rev: something I've noted that may help you fix that issue.

For whatever reason, the editor does not allow you to put line breaks in when entering the description of a custom NPC. I don't know why. It treats them
as HTML, even though obviously they're not.

Everywhere else, however, line breaks are acceptable. *sigh*

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs