[/table]

[Image: IO_Soulbound_Allegiance.png]

Soulbound Allegiance   (Levels 50-50)
[table][/table] Hot Feet
Quote:Grav Anchor
[table]
[/table]Ragnarok
[table][/table]
Just a link for an interesting thread on slotting the Fire Imps powers.
http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat ... w=1#UNREAD
Looks like these guys have a frankenslot that can hit ED on damage, accuracy, end reduction _and_ provide significant defense bonuses and set bonuses.
gonna need that this weekend in the Fire Kin Build Argument (version 23)Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979

Quote:Pacing of the Turtle: Dam/slow, Chance of -recharge
Tempered ReadinessBig Grinam/slow, Acc/End, Acc/Dam/Slow
Impeded Swiftness: Chance for Smashing damage
Thats my personal fav.

Regarding slotting on Hot Feet.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979

Quote:Anyone tested the Grav Anchor chance to Hold in Fire Cages?
or Midnight Grasp/tenebracious Tenticals?

Quote:Grav anchor chance for hold will fire the grav single target hold when it procs.

Quote:one of the best 20 mill i've spent in game.
ever.

IntriguingWire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979

Useful information extracted from flame thread on official boards.

hell here's a guide for wire he's obviously not able to figure it out on his own.

A) You run on invic, six man, you get no bosses.

B) You don't pick-up your farm mission at 46... you get your farm missions at 50, if you're wise you don't even talk to your contacts at less than
50 in case you get stuck with an arc.

C) Find a pattern to your power use for each groups, you should be repeating it more or a less every group without deviation unless you desperately need a heal
or end.

D) You should be able to finish a run of family 6 spawned SOLO in under 15m (yes this means your 41 pocket empath who is chain forting you is right out.)

E) 8 People on a map spawned for six is STUPID.

F) YOU DONT GET A TANK TO ATTEMPT TO HERD THE FAMILY/BEHEMOTHS/ANYTHING FARMABLE.

G) You don't have 6 fire/kins attempt all go together down the street.

H) Anymore than two people in the map means slower inf gain, slower recipe drops, slower purple drops, slower salvage drops.

I) Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about when I tell you a 43 can get xp with a 50 as long as a 41 is in the zone.

J) Don't tell me there is no such thing as an untimed wolf mission or that burn didn't make things run away at one time.

K) If you can't pull 200k+/min inf you're doing it wrong.

L) If you can't pull 100k+/min xp *duo(non-sk)* you're doing it wrong.

M) You're not old school because you have a 6mo vet badge and can remember the last issue.

N) Yes you can farm with something other than fire.

O) Yes you can farm with something other than earth.

P) Yes you can farm with something other than psi.

Q) Yes you can farm things other than family or behemoths.

Farm Guide--

1) Don't get your missions till you're 50.

2) Basic pattern is fc, fs, fc, (aoe) transfus/transfer/sb as req

3) Family/BM farms easiest with earth + fighting pool (nem farms easier with leadership than fighting.)

4) Behemoths are easiest with fire + fighting pool

5) Psi Clocks/MM Children/Carnies are easiest with psi + fighting pool

6) Take at least char, fc, hf, ff, cin, and imps from primary

7) Take at least transfus, sp, ss, transfer, and fs from secondary

[Image: glasses.gif] You need fitness pool (sprint/hurdle, health, stamina)

9) Pick either fighting or leadership pool, fighting is beefier you, leadership is beefier pets and better tohit. (fighting kick/boxing, tough, weave(optional)
or leadership maneuvers and tactics)

10) Take hasten from speed pool

11) You need either a knockback protection io or acrobatics

12) Minimum effective epic pool is armor/aoe, except for psi which requires 3 to get aoe (take the mez protection).

13) Farming missions- Family (unai- arc), BM (maria both arc and non arc versions), Behemoths (harvey- arc), Children (maria- non-arc), nemesis (unai-
non-arc), psi clocks (unai non-arc), etc -- basically anything that you have good resists/defense to.

14) dmg doesn't matter on your powers... you'll be capped from fs after first group.

15) +recharge is a high priority.

16) a fully purpled out fire/kin/earth can hit about 202.5 speed before using the bugged +recharge io... which gives another +100% recharge. 302.5% recharge
will give you perma hasten with significant overlap.

17) A competent non-set io'd fire/kin should run family 6 spawned in under 20m, well io'd in less than 16m, fully purple'd in under 13m... solo, no
pocket (buffer).

18) Hotfeet is stupid expensive end cost, make sure you have at least 75% end reduction on it.

19) Spawn the map so if someone drops your spawn sizes remain the same.

20) There is no auto-logout while in a SG base... so your accounts/fillers can stay for however long you need them with no one monitoring the computer.

21) 100m+/day on a serious farm not counting drops if you're running solo/duo.

22) See op for no-nos.

23) Fully functional purple build-- See below:
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

I'm not asking for a translation -- I suspect that I wouldn't enjoy half of it, for one. [Image: smile.gif]

But Wire? Dude? It's like you're talking Klingon, here... without the understandable bits.

(This would undoubtedly be why I avoid the forums and ask you guys when I'm looking for build advice. This? It makes mah hed hurt.)

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

It's fairly complicated, but that's only because I'm aiming to do something that the game engine was not intended to do (take on a 6 person mission
solo, at high speed, repeatably), and to do it as efficiently as possible.

That, and there's a lot of real bad attitude on the part of most of the 'farming community'.

The question is, where do you get those other five people from? >.>

Also... do you mean Fire Cages in the first post instead of Hot Feet?

And would the set bonuses from 5x Soulbound Allegiance be more useful than something like the mixed slotting in the build from that post you C&Ped? (Which
has as good accuracy and damage, and gives both the resistance and defense auras.)

-Morgan.

Soulbound X5 would be nice, but it's prohibitively expensive, at least initially.

I'll have a Mids block or two up tomorrow, I thinks.

Yeah, but is it nicer than 2x Nucleolus Exposure, Soulbound Allegiance: Damage, and the build up, resistance, and defense bonus IOs?

Mind you, I have no idea how those compare costwise, but this one looks to me like it'd make for more powerful imps...

-Morgan.

So far I have no coherent information on how the Build Up IO performs in the field. Depending on how the game handles it, it may be a requirement (chance for
build up every ten seconds on imps? OMFG!), or a must-not-have (chance for build up once upon summoning?)

I think the important part of imp-slotting is the resist and defense bonus IOs. after that, you can frankenslot a half million different ways and get at or
close to ED.

Turns out, Fulcrum Shift is the big deal holyfield for farming 8 /

Tish's frankenslotted not for more damage, accuracy or even regeneration but for her ED (Endurance Deficiency)

Slotting Ragnarok's Chance for Knockdown is pretty pointless given that I've got Fire Cages set to auto fire despite the fact that targeting someone for sb often results in my casting it outside of the mob we're currently trying to down. Only those that are missed with Fire Cages wind up on their backs for a millisecond though that does give my auto attack a better second chance to hit. 2 of the Ragnarok set grants 4% to Recovery which would be one of the only reasons I'm hemorrhaging that kind of inf on purples.

The same board where ya took the guide to farming from is where I found the fire/kin/psi build. Now my auto fire cages is my primary attack on mobs though it's not slotted for damage. Frankenslotted and probably going to stay that way. Field testing half of what you're discussing here is already in the field on Tish you just don't have the view that I do. 2 Grav anchors slotted for the 4% recovery... one of them is a chance for hold, 2 to 4 out of every mob (8 to 10 in mob total) is held by it without fail. I rely on cages heavily because flash fire and hot feet tend to have mobs wandering away from a tightly packed and convenient place for both me and melee on team. The Psi mastery pool would require I ditch my auto fire to be sure Indomitable Will was up as often as 6 slotting for recharge and taking haste would allow. I went so far as to set up macros in an attempt to make fire/kin/psi work for me to no avail and respec'd back to fire/kin/fire with minor alterations (Thanks a MILLION Shrike!) to the original build. Cinders replaced smoke... though blinding the closer mob, debuffing their accuracy, is all well and good I prefer having them sit there choking, unable to aggro in the first place. Recharge on cinders is the same as Indomitable Will... 6 slotted with recharges + haste still doesn't mean it's up every single mob so I've got it slotted with one acc and one hold duration and only use it in the oh shi- moments.

Pet Sets: 2 Soulbound, the chance for buildup (16.6%) and Damage (53%) those two improve Tish's regeneration by 16% but I chose those two for their stats alone rather than what having the set would do for me. A normal damage IO only gives a 42.4% increase to output... 53% is well worth the inf for my only reliable backup on any given farm given that pickups are either afk or aren't really getting the whole fight law thing regardless of their lvl or red enhancements. 2 Sovereign Right, Accuracy 42.4% and the 20 foot radius aura for damage resistance of 10%. 2 of them grant a 2.75% against Sleep... not really something Tish runs into a lot on farm maps so I'm considering a replacement for the Accuracy one of the set. One Edict of the Master another 20 foot aura that improves my imps defense but only by 5% and one regular damage IO holding place for whatever set piece I decide to frankenslot into them.

Random Set pieces on Tish are as follows as well as placement (subject to change as inf becomes available):

Aigis: Mez protection - Psi Resistance by 3%, status effect duration decrease by 20% in Increase Density; I'm not seeing drastic improvements having slotted it. It's either bugged and I need a new one or it's just not a large enough percentage to make a difference against family bosses.

Steadfast Protection: -4 points of knockback also in Increased Density. Adding on Karma: Knockback resistance (also 4) in Maneuvers I can safely say that stacking the two Tish never winds up on her back in the middle of a mob.

Performance Shifter 20% chance for recovery in Stamina but I'm not really seeing any improvements in her ED issue (yes, her attacks ALL have end reductions slotted) Transference and Consume save Tish's butt more reliably it would seem and I keep a stack of blues on hand... risky I know but it's my way of gimping around the ED till I complete slotting recovery sets on her.

Trap of the Hunter: Chance for (minor) Lethal slotted in Fire Cages, I really like this single one despite the 'minor' bit and the 20% chance of it. As I said there isn't any damage slotted into my fire cages anyhow so that 20% works out pretty well.

Gaussin's x5 in Tactics including the 5% chance for buildup piece of the set. 4 of them improve recovery by 2.5% however I chose Gaussin's simply due to the fact that most of the other tohit buff sets kinda blow in my opinion.

Luck of the Gambler in my 5 slotted Maneuvers. Sadly, other than the epic fire mastery fire shield Tish's defenses are HORRIBLE! To the point that I'm amazed she can tank a mob of 10 on her own at all.

In the future I hope to add Numina's to transfusion but I haven't really looked into many more sets actively being that I'm kinda focused on purchasing at least three purple recipes to compensate for her ED. >.<

That's my story and I'm sticken to it.

Quote:The Psi mastery pool would require I ditch my auto fire to be sure Indomitable Will was up as often as 6 slotting for recharge and taking haste would allow.

http://www.barbariankeep.com/bs/bindguide.html#11

Quote: Wiredgeek wrote:

Quote: The Psi mastery pool would require I ditch my auto fire to be sure Indomitable Will was up as often as 6 slotting for recharge and taking haste would
allow.

http://www.barbariankeep.com/bs/bindguide.html#11

I tried the autofire thing but if they don't both pop at the same time you end up unsetting the bind by using your other powers between them. The
primary will fire but if you hit anything else between it and the next bound firing it doesn't fire at all. You could probably get around that by perfectly
matching the recharge time of both but do you really want to respec that many times just to get it perfect?

I'm almost certain that you're Doing It Wrong.

I've been wrong before though. Shall we beat on this Friday, after the TF?

Quote: Wiredgeek wrote:

I'm almost certain that you're Doing It Wrong.

I've been wrong before though. Shall we beat on this Friday, after the TF?

It's entirely possible but the whole point is that the bind takes away my auto fire cages and I'm not really cool with that. However other's
may be... it doesn't work for me, not saying it wont work at all. Which TF? -laughs-

About this guide:

This guide has truly become a community guide. It is in no way my own creation, but a collaboration of many great minds. Thank you to all those who have contributed and even done spell checking for me since I /phail at spelling .

A very special thanks to (in no particular order):
FunkyWaltDogg
Reinman
UnicyclePeon
Miraja
FuegoTrue
gmanskillaz

|-------------------------------------------------------|

Table of Contents:

1. Why a Fire/Kin?
2. Archetype specifics
3. The Powers
4. Slotting Recommendations
5. Strategery (You heard me!)
6. Where to hunt
7. UnicyclePeon's IO recommendations
8. Reinman's Quick and Easy way to 50.

1. Why a Fire/Kin?

This is a question that many have to ask themselves when they are rolling a character. Are you doing this because it fits a concept you have in mind for a character? Or are you doing this because it is a FoTM for the last few years (Since containment started IIRC) and you've heard or seen firsthand what they are truly capable of? They're fun to play and if you're only doing this to be a PL'r please don't. You're not helping anyone if you're PLing them. You're just going to make level 50 newbs, and we don't need them in COH.

2. Archetype Specifics

Containment- Containment is a Controller specific attribute that typically does double damage to foes who are held/immobilized or otherwise incapacitated. Why 'typically' double? Not every power gets the double damage boost(Spectral Wounds gets around 150% damage boost vs. 200%) or only hits double damage 75% of the time (Hot feet). The name of the game for controllers now is "Contain contain cont... They're dead Jim."

A controller's role has changed in the last few years from the "lock 'em down" archetype to a true damage contributor. Standing above the rest tends to be the Fire/ controllers. Why? Fire is one of the least resisted damage types, and though is typically damage over time, it just wears down the enemy's health bar in a way that makes you feel all warm and tingly inside.

What about Fire/?
Fire control isn't great at locking down foes but it is good at doing damage. You get a single target hold, a single target immob, a group immob, a long recharge group hold and a group disorient. The rest are tooled at dealing damage.

What about /Kinetics?
Kinetics always reminds me of a symbote or a vampire. You weaken others to strengthen yourself. You take their health and boost yours. You take thier damage and boost yours. With the Tier 9 power you'll wish the foes were harder to give you more of a challenge.

3. The Powers

Special thanks to FunkyWaltDogg for compiling all the great details below the power descriptions.
Another special "Thank you" to Mid for creating the Mid's Hero Designer.

Fire Control

1)Ring of Fire- Ranged, Moderate DoT(Fire), Foe Immobilize Immobilizes your target in a Ring of Fire, dealing Fire damage over time. More resilient foes may require multiple Fire Rings to Immobilize. Damage: Moderate(DoT), Recharge: Fast
Range: 80 ft
Cast time: 1.17 s
Recharge time: 4 s
Endurance cost: 7.8
Accuracy modifier: 1.2
Damage: 0.22 DS * 5 = 1.1 DS (Fire)
Mez: Mag 4 Immobilize
A great level 1 immobilize power. It's got a four second recharge, which is nice, but it's only an immobilize (though there is a -fly capability to it which is great for those pesky fliers in game as well as PVP). The baddies can still hit you, which I'm not fond of. It is lighter on the End usage than Char, but I still pick Char over this one at level one for the holding purposes. You may want to pick it up at some point though.

1)Char- Ranged, Moderate DoT(Fire), Foe Hold Incapacitates a distant foe by Charring him with smoldering soot and cinders. The target is left helpless, choking on the soot. Damage: Moderate(DoT), Recharge: Moderate
Cast time: 1.07 s
Recharge time: 8 s
Endurance cost: 8.53
Damage: 0.22 DS * 5 = 1.1 DS (Fire)
Mez: Mag 3 Hold, with 20% chance of +1 mag
This is my pick for your first primary power. Its a Mag 3 hold, which is stackable, and usually after 2 hits, you can keep bosses held as well. Why a hold over an immobilize? A hold will keep the baddie from doing anything but choke. I personally hate being attacked from a foe, so a hold keeps them from doing anything.

2)Fire Cages- Ranged (Targeted AoE), Minor DoT(Fire), Foe Immobilize Immobilizes a group of foes in Fire Cages, dealing Fire damage over time. More resilient foes may require multiple Fire Cages to Immobilize. Fire Cages is slower and less damaging than Ring of Fire, but can capture multiple targets. Damage: Minor(DoT), Recharge: Moderate
Recharge time: 4 s
Damage: 0.11 DS * 3 = .33 DS (Fire)
Mez: Mag 3 Immobilize, with 50% chance of +1 mag
This is your AOE Immobilize power. It sets up containment for you, and will hold almost anyone with one application. The Accuracy isn't great, so you should put at least 2 in there. I've been running with two and hit almost everyone each time. You get this power at level 2 or 4. No later.

6)Smoke- Ranged (Targeted AoE), Foe -Perception, -ACC Covers all foes near your target in clouds of Smoke. The villains are so blinded that they can hardly see a thing. Most villains will not be able to see past normal melee range, although some may have better perception. If the villains are attacked, they will be alerted to your presence, but will suffer a penalty to Accuracy. Recharge: Slow
Radius: 35 ft
Recharge time: 15 s
Debuff: -90% Perception, -5% ToHit for 60s
While mainly a PVP power, this one does have its uses in PVE game. It gives a simple -5% ToHit debuff for 60s, so it isn't super wonderful for defensive purposes unless used in combination with another power like invisibility. I don't knock the power, but I don't think it needs to be taken as early as level 6. Maybe after 30 or so.

8)Hot Feet- Toggle: PBAoE, Minor DoT(Fire), Foe -SPD While active, you heat the earth in a large area around yourself. Enemy movement is Slowed as they attempt to flee the immediate area. All foes in the affected area suffer some damage over time. You cannot fly and must be near the ground to use this power. Damage: Minor(DoT), Recharge: Slow
Radius: 20 ft
Cast time: 1.47 s
Recharge time: 20 s
Endurance cost: 1.04/s
Accuracy modifier: 1.0
Damage: 0.25 DS (Fire) every 2 seconds; Contained targets receive double damage only 75% of the time
Debuff: -87.5% Speed (Autohit)
Ah, containment's best friend. This power is a double edged sword for you. On the one hand, you are pumping out great damage that gets the containment bonus around 75% of the time. On the other hand, you're in melee range for it to work. So take it and be careful. Its an END hog, so put 2 or 3 End Reducers in it.

12)Flashfire- Ranged (Targeted AoE), Minor DMG(Fire), Foe Disorient You can bring forth a Flashfire to Disorient a group of foes and deal some damage over time. Target must be on the ground to activate Flashfire. Damage: Minor(DoT), Recharge: Slow
Range: 70 ft
Radius: 25 ft
Cast time: 2.37 s
Recharge time: 90 s
Endurance cost: 15.6
Accuracy modifier: 0.8
Damage: 0.06 DS * 4 = 0.24 DS (Fire)
Mez: Mag 3 Disorient, with 20% chance of +1 mag
This is another power that you should take when it's available. This will be your openning power for the rest of the game. For one, you throw it and disorient your foes, then firecage them to keep them in place and run into melee with hotfeet turned on. Great power ***** stars. Slotting: Put 2 accuracy, 3 recharge reducers and a disorient duration (IF you have a slot for it).

18)Cinders- PBAoE, Foe Hold Incapacitates foes around the caster by whirling Cinders around them. The targets are left helpless, choking on the soot. Recharge: Very Long
Radius: 30 ft
Recharge time: 240 s
Accuracy modifier: 0.8
Mez: Mag 3 Hold, with 20% chance of +1 mag
Now this is another good power that I recommend, but usually push back until mid 20s. It's not great, becuase of its long recharge time (4 minutes). Its a great HOLD, but is a Personal Based Area of Attack (PBAoE) power. Here's the situation: You've bitten off more than you can chew, and you're about to get smacked around. Throw it and run or use the time to burn the heck out of them before the hold wears off.

26)Bonfire- Ranged (Location AoE), Minor DMG(Fire), Foe Knockback You can create a Bonfire that knocks back and burns any foes who try to pass through it. Recharge: Long
Radius: 30 ft
Cast time: 1.06 s
Recharge time: 60 s
Endurance cost: 13
Accuracy modifier: 0.9
Damage: 0.1 DS every 2 seconds (Fire); Use the Pet Damage Scale
I hate this power. It's a location based Knockback with microscopic damage. Skip it or get it only on the Test server to mess with people. In a really great damage powerset it just doesn't make sense.

32)Fire Imps- Summon Imps: Melee Minor DMG(Fire) You can craft 3 small Fire Imps out of pure flame in a targeted location. Fire Imps will viciously attack any nearby foes, but they only possess the most basic instincts. Fire Imps can be healed and buffed like any teammate. Type ''/release_pets'' in the chat window to release all your pets. Recharge: Very Long. Fire imps will be one level below that of the caster.
Range: 60 ft
Cast time: 2.03 s
Recharge time: 240 s
Endurance cost: 26
Let's face it. This is one of the reasons why you wanted to be a controller: Pets. Fire Imps are ok to start and great after slotting. They will aggro like crazy and behave like 3 year old kids with A.D.D. on a sugar high. It will take a whole level or two before you're really happy with them. They melee so they're great for Fulcrum shift and if you're in melee range too, Siphon Power.

|-----------------------------------------------|

Kinetics

1)Transfusion- Ranged, Foe -End, -Regen, Team Heal Transfusion drains an enemy of some Endurance and reduces the target's Regeneration rate, and transfers that energy, in the form of Hit Points, to all allies near the affected foe. You can use Transfusion to heal yourself as well as your allies. Recharge: Moderate
Recharge time: 8 s
Heal: 209 HP at level 50 (AoE)
Debuff: -10% Endurance; -50% Regen for 20s
You don't get to chose your first secondary, but if you could, this would be my recomendation anyway. It's got good healing and a -Regen Quality which is a must for AV and GM fights. It is enemy based, so you'll need to be in melee range, or nearby and it has to hit. Put 2 Accuracies in it to be safe. You want it to hit every time.

2)Siphon Power- Ranged, Foe -DMG, Team +DMG You can Siphon the Power from a targeted foe, reducing his damage potential. The power is transferred back to you, increasing your own damage potential and that of all nearby allies. Recharge: Slow
Cast time: 1.93 s
Endurance cost: 10.4
Accuracy modifier: 1
Buff: +20% Damage (PBAoE) for 30s (changed AoE to PBAoE)
Debuff: -20% Damage for 30s
An overall nice power, the downside is its END cost. You get a 20% damage boost for 30 seconds. It can be layered 3 times for a few seconds which is nice.

4)Repel- Toggle: Self AoE Knockback Repel creates a zone of kinetic energy that violently repels nearby foes. Each villain that is repelled costs additional Endurance. Recharge: Slow
Radius: 7 ft
Endurance cost: 0.78/s, 1 for each foe repelled
Repel is another power I say go without. Heavy END use, Knockback. When you need to be in AOE for most of your stuff, its not highly recommended to push everyone away from you.

6)Siphon Speed- Ranged, Foe -Speed, Self +Speed, +Recharge You can Siphon the speed from a targeted foe, Slowing his movement and attack rate while boosting your own. Recharge: Long
Cast time: 1.93 s
Buff: +297% Runspeed, +116% Flyspeed, +20% Recharge for 60s
Debuff: -62.5% Speed, -20% Recharge for 60s
This power does double duty for you. On the one hand you get a quasi-travel power early on, and it gives you a 20% recharge speed boost as well. It can be layered and is well worth it. Bear in mind, that it is not a personal Speed Boost, so there is no Endurance Recovery Component. You'll have to wait until 35 for that. I recommend 1 Accuracy, and 3 recharge reducers.

16)Increase Density- Ranged, Ally Special Increases an ally's mass, freeing him from any Disorient, Immobilization, or Hold effects and leaving him resistant to such effects for a while. Increase Density also protects the target from Knockback, Repel and enemy Teleportation, as well as Smashing and Energy damage. Because the target grows more dense, his movement speed is Slowed. Although the Damage Resistance and slowing effect will not stack with multiple applications, the rest of the effects of Increase Density will. You cannot use this power on yourself. Recharge: Fast
Cast time: 2.07 s
Recharge time: 3 s
Endurance cost: 5.2
Mez Protection: Mag 10.38 Stun, Hold, Immobilize; Mag 8 Knockback, Repel for 60s
Buff: +18.75% Res(Smashing, Energy) (not stackable from same caster); 100% Res(Teleport) for 60s
Debuff: -12.5% Speed (not stackable from same caster) for 60s
Your friends will like this power for the protection, and the better control from your speed boosts. Also works on keeping those Fire Imps alive better and on the ground rather than getting knocked around.

20)Speed Boost- Ranged, Ally +SPD, +Recharge, +Recovery, Res Slow You can hasten a single targeted ally. The target's movement speed, attack rate, and Endurance recovery are all greatly increased.
Range: 50 ft
Cast time: 1 s
Recharge time: 2 s
Buff: +50% Recharge, Res(-Recharge); +50% Recovery; +175% Runspeed, Res(-Runspeed); +68.25% Flyspeed, Res(-Flyspeed) (no effects stack from same caster) for 120s
A truly mixed blessing. Great recharge and recovery and a big runspeed boost. Some people won't want you to SB them because they can't control themselves in near Super Speed running around. I say get it at either 20 or 22.

28)Inertial Reduction- PBAoE, Allies +Jump You can reduce your Inertia, along with that of all nearby allies. The affected heroes can then jump incredible distances for a while. Recharge: Long
Radius: 25 ft
Cast time: 2.03 s
Endurance cost: 23.4
Buff: +2780% Jumpheight, +249% Jumpspeed, +4000% Movement for 60s
Now this is a true travel power. It is Super Jump that is on a 60 second timer. Many /Kins respec at level 28 just to avoid taking a travel power pool. I say its up to you. You'll hate it if it wears out in the wrong places enough.

35)Transference- Ranged (Targeted AoE), Target -End, Team +Recovery, Special Transference drains an enemy of some of his Endurance and transfers that Endurance to all allies near the affected foe. You can use Transference to recover Endurance for yourself as well as your allies. Recharge: Slow
Cast time: 2.27 s
Recharge time: 30 s
Endurance cost: 2.6
Accuracy modifier: 1.1
Heal: 40 Endurance
Debuff: -40% Endurance
Free Endurance! Slot it with an accuracy and a recharge reducer or two. Never look for End rest again.

38)Fulcrum Shift- Ranged (Foe AoE), Foe -DMG, Team +DMG Fulcrum Shift drains the power of a targeted foe and all foes nearby, transferring it to all adjacent allies, the caster, and those near the caster. Affected foes will deal less damage, while your affected allies will deal more. The more foes that are affected, the more power your allies receive. Fulcrum Shift can dramatically turn the tide of a melee battle. Recharge: Long
Radius: 20 ft PBAoE; Mobs hit in 30 ft radius generate 20 ft radius buffs
Cast time: 2.17 s
Buff: +40% Damage (PBAoE); +20% Damage (Mob AoEs) for 45s
Debuff: -20% Damage for 30s
This is the creame de la creme of the /Kinetics powerset. Its an AOE enemy based damage boost that pulls power from up to ten (10) nearby foes. It drops thier damage by 20% each, and boosts those nearby (including you) for 20% for each foe hit. Run into a group of 10 foes and hit them, that is 200% damage boost! This is why FireKins fly from 38 to 50.

|---------------------------------------|

4. Slotting recommendations

Everyone has slotting preferences. I'll give you mine, as well as gmanskillaz's recommendations as well.

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Char

* (A) Accuracy
* (29) Recharge Reduction
* (34) Damage Increase
* (37) Damage Increase
* (43) Damage Increase

Level 1: Transfusion

* (A) Accuracy
* (5) Recharge Reduction
* (5) Healing
* (11) Healing
* (31) Healing

Level 2: Fire Cages

* (A) Accuracy
* (3) Accuracy
* (3) Recharge Reduction
* (31) Immobilisation Duration
* (45) Damage Increase

Level 4: Siphon Power

* (A) Accuracy
* (40) Endurance Reduction

Level 6: Hasten

* (A) Recharge Reduction
* (7) Recharge Reduction
* (7) Recharge Reduction

Level 8: Hot Feet

* (A) Endurance Reduction
* (9) Endurance Reduction
* (9) Accuracy
* (19) Damage Increase
* (23) Damage Increase
* (23) Damage Increase

Level 10: Siphon Speed

* (A) Accuracy
* (11) Accuracy
* (17) Recharge Reduction
* (17) Recharge Reduction

Level 12: Flashfire

* (A) Accuracy
* (13) Accuracy
* (13) Recharge Reduction
* (15) Recharge Reduction
* (15) Recharge Reduction
* (46) Disorient Duration

Level 14: Super Speed

* (A) Run Speed

Level 16: Hurdle

* (A) Jumping

Level 18: Health

* (A) Healing
* (19) Healing
* (31) Healing

Level 20: Stamina

* (A) Endurance Modification
* (21) Endurance Modification
* (21) Endurance Modification

Level 22: Speed Boost

* (A) Endurance Modification

Level 24: Cinders

* (A) Accuracy
* (25) Accuracy
* (25) Recharge Reduction
* (27) Recharge Reduction
* (27) Recharge Reduction
* (29) Hold Duration

Level 26: Increase Density

* (A) Resist Damage

Level 28: Inertial Reduction

* (A) Jumping

Level 30: Recall Friend

* (A) Endurance Reduction

Level 32: Fire Imps

* (A) Accuracy
* (33) Accuracy
* (33) Damage Increase
* (33) Damage Increase
* (34) Damage Increase
* (34) Recharge Reduction

Level 35: Transference

* (A) Accuracy
* (36) Accuracy
* (36) Endurance Modification
* (36) Endurance Modification
* (37) Recharge Reduction
* (37) Recharge Reduction

Level 38: Fulcrum Shift

* (A) Accuracy
* (39) Accuracy
* (39) Recharge Reduction
* (39) Recharge Reduction
* (40) Recharge Reduction
* (40) Endurance Reduction

Code:

| Copy & Paste this data chunk into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MHDz;2809;658;880;|
>-KEE5^+VS',P-+_0[['AV1[20.>QKK2F_C7FYC[[G6M($T*4D.-C#Y[+.;#?Z,;4)_VIKKJF+DO5;#>'HE'O1J"_%I7JBE.K'ZJK:E35Z6]WI

http://boards.cityofvillains.com/showfl ... er=9781971

Gyaa!

Is the wall o' text really necessary? That's in the player guides section, it's not likely to go anywhere...

Also, question. I'm thinking about future power choices for Shia Arisa Plenilune, and wondering if I'd be better off with Leadership or Fighting pools.
Leadership will help imps and teams, and all the powers are useful. Fighting, on the other hand, sticks you with taking a single-target melee attack that
I'm unlikely to get much use out of, but together with the EPP shield gives a very significant amount of S/L resistance. Any thoughts?

-Morgan.

Quote: Morganni wrote:

Gyaa!

Is the wall o' text really necessary? That's in the player guides section, it's not likely to go anywhere...

Also, question. I'm thinking about future power choices for Shia Arisa Plenilune, and wondering if I'd be better off with Leadership or Fighting
pools. Leadership will help imps and teams, and all the powers are useful. Fighting, on the other hand, sticks you with taking a single-target melee attack
that I'm unlikely to get much use out of, but together with the EPP shield gives a very significant amount of S/L resistance. Any thoughts?

-Morgan.

The power pool question kinda depends on where you plan on going with Shia. I've noted on all of my lvl 50s that taking leadership with maneuvers
and tactics can free up an accuracy slot in each attack allowing for recharge reds or dmgs. The only issue with relying on tactics for acc I've found is
when I exemplar below the pool. Maneuvers and fire shield are all I have for defenses on Tish... S/L mean little to nothing to a something/kin as long as the
kin powers don't miss. If you plan on soloing much take the fighting pool, if you plan on farming take the leadership pool... that's my advice.

Hey Vyper, since you're here and you raised Tish from a wee L1 infant... [Image: smile.gif]

I'm working on Mag Zippo and WGs guide is cool and all but looks more like a "here's how you slot it when you respec" rather than a
"here's how you build as you go along".

Or I'm a dummy, which is possible too.

Regardless, you have any advice for someone starting one of these out? I'm finding that, at L6, I'm having a tough time hitting with the cages -- even
though I've slotted the best accuracies I can get at this level, they're averaging only slightly better than 50% hits against same-level mobs -- and
the /Kin powers just aren't that useful yet (except for survival purposes). I can take down a group of 5-8, but it takes *forever* and I'm popping
blues like they were sugar-coated CRACK.

For damage dealing, I took Jump Kick at L6 (no Fire abilities were available that I wanted and I'm aiming for Superleap as the travel power, so *shrug*).
That and Char are all I've got (and Brawl and Tazer Dart, I suppose, but eh). I mean, Cages burns, but it doesn't BUUUURRRN, y'know?

Point is, it just feels like more of a grind than any other controller I've played, so far... even Katy Kaboom, a mind/storm controller, had an easier time
of it. [Image: smile.gif] I get the feeling I'm doing something wrong here...

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

Quote: Sofaspud wrote:

Hey Vyper, since you're here and you raised Tish from a wee L1 infant... [Image: smile.gif]

I'm working on Mag Zippo and WGs guide is cool and all but looks more like a "here's how you slot it when you respec" rather than a
"here's how you build as you go along".

Or I'm a dummy, which is possible too.

Regardless, you have any advice for someone starting one of these out? I'm finding that, at L6, I'm having a tough time hitting with the cages --
even though I've slotted the best accuracies I can get at this level, they're averaging only slightly better than 50% hits against same-level mobs --
and the /Kin powers just aren't that useful yet (except for survival purposes). I can take down a group of 5-8, but it takes *forever* and I'm
popping blues like they were sugar-coated CRACK.

For damage dealing, I took Jump Kick at L6 (no Fire abilities were available that I wanted and I'm aiming for Superleap as the travel power, so *shrug*).
That and Char are all I've got (and Brawl and Tazer Dart, I suppose, but eh). I mean, Cages burns, but it doesn't BUUUURRRN, y'know?

Point is, it just feels like more of a grind than any other controller I've played, so far... even Katy Kaboom, a mind/storm controller, had an easier
time of it. [Image: smile.gif] I get the feeling I'm doing something wrong here...

Bear with me I just woke up from a coma.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news here but you're going to be grinding till you get your mini-scrappers at 32 especially if you're trying to do it
solo. I focused primarily on locking down mobs for teammates to beat the crap out of. Recharge, Acc and duration in fire cages, 6 slotted asap... just forget
about combating your addiction to blues. At 50 you'll still carry a tray full of em despite having transference at 35 and picking up consumption from the
epic fire pool. Slowly improving the end issues with set bonuses, hence the farming aspect just to afford em.

Leadership is always a good choice to free up a few acc slots in your attacks... Tish tactics is 6 slotted, as is Enkili just to free up a slot or two for
dmg on Enkili and immob duration for Tish. Primarily stacking fire cages is the best way to lock down all of em so recharges may be the way to go if you
don't want to take leadership.

I think I covered that Cinders isn't going to pop even if slotted to 6 with recharges and stacking haste, FS is supposed to be the 'oh
shi-' power of the set however the recharge on it stock is far better than Cinders slotted to hell and back. FS + imps is where you get your break from
grinding lvls. Solo you'll have a rough time till 32 no matter what you slot, after 32 is when you'll start impressing yourself the most with your
build.

Where I went wrong:

Bonfire - sure it's great fun to hurl a giant sized fire ball into a mob knocking them all over the place but teamed the melee types tend to get rather
pissy about a scattered mob. Before the respec I used bonfire for things like keeping the squishies on a team safe during a bad pull. Slam that puppy down
right at the emp's feet where the blasters are all standing back by for buffs and have a nice day. Ironically it was very valuable during the respec trial
itself... just put it smack dab in the center of the reactor so them sky rapers couldn't get anywhere near it. Other than that I found it nearly useless
to the point I laugh when I see it used by a lower lvl controller.

Siphon speed - it was a rush before I had a travel power. Meander within range to a mob then do a hit and run at mock speeds. It's bonuses to self
recharge didn't make a noticeable difference to me but again, it was kinda a rush to hit and run mobs and well hell we're here to have fun aren't
we? Tongue

The primary things I find myself chanting at WG to do is to pick the AoEs not the singles and to turn off his feet. If there's a tanker don't use
feet. It's a taunt and end sucker ta' boot.

Tish is the accidental farmer to be honest, I kinda dumbed myself through her lvls reading what each power would do before I picked it up. You can pretty much
expect to respec at least once and as you play your fire/kin you'll see exactly what needs to be changed all on your own. What works for the fire/kins on
the boards, what works for me on Tish or WG on Roy may not work for your particular playstyle. It's the fun part of this game to me... mess it up then
tweak till it's perfect. You will inevitably come to the realization on your fire/kin that character development really does start after 50. PLing is a
byproduct of you trying to afford said development and at the point you start doing it and adding sets your lvl 50 fire/kin only gets better depending on what
sets you choose. Example: at 35 Tish couldn't handle Rikti to save her life without some clear mind backing her but during Lady Grey I noticed
significantly less troubles with them despite the lack of emp and blame her fancy sets (and accolades) for the significant difference. In addition Tish was
actually terrorized a lot less than Enkili while inside the Hamidon.

Quote: Vyperpunk wrote:

... depending on what sets you choose. Example: at 35 Tish couldn't handle Rikti to save her life without some clear mind backing her but during Lady
Grey I noticed significantly less troubles with them despite the lack of emp and blame her fancy sets (and accolades) for the significant difference. In
addition Tish was actually terrorized a lot less than Enkili while inside the Hamidon.

Well, if that was the run I was on you're talking about, it might have had something to do with me stacking Fortitude + Clear Mind +
Adrenalin Boost on you whenever you stood still long enough... I have learned through sad, painful experience that I really need to keep myself and my mentor
alive *first*, lest I be unable to keep anyone else alive. [Image: smile.gif]

(I'd really like to arrange a test one of these days, if you've got the time. I want to see if Adrenalin Boost affects your imps the way I think it
might have, or if I was just imagining things.)

Seriously though, thanks for the tips. I'm not looking forward to the grind, per se, but it makes it easier knowing I'm not necessarily doing it the
wrong way.

--sofaspud

I'm also soloing one of these (currently level 18)...

Fire Cages takes some time and enhancing to start becoming really useful - it has much lower base accuracy than the single target attacks. (Lower than a number
of other AoEs for that matter.) You also won't always want to use this once you have Hot Feet - some groups will be much less dangerous if they can't
decide whether to run towards or away from you than they will be if they're nailed down but can still attack.

Putting a lot of accuracy into your attacks would be what I'd usually recommend anyway, but it's particularly so for this character. In general,
anything that I can reliably keep held, I can beat in time. But if you can't keep certain enemies held continually, you'll be in real danger.

A lot of my soloing has been doing door missions. I don't usuallly use Fire Cages more than once, if it's just a small number of enemies. With the
recharge bonus from Siphon Speed I can cycle Char on 3-4 enemies and keep them held continuously. This uses a lot more end, but I also get attacked much less.
(And when you're fighting something with immobilize resistance, it's much more likely to *work*.)

I also spent some time killing groups of things in Perez Park. Mostly blues and greens, because I wanted to get a lot of arcane salvage. '.' Started with
Hellions, then once they stopped being worth it moved on to CoT. The bosses that appear in both groups are enough of a pain that I didn't fight them unless
I could avoid it. Since at that level most of the minions don't hit that hard at range, I could just FC a group, and let HF wear them down. Never levelled
anything before that had this much AoE, so it was kind of fun. (Well, Katana has some, but I haven't played too much with them yet.) Tried to do the same
thing in Hollows, but even blue/green the groups there are a lot more dangerous. The knockdowns from Ruin Mages really screw you up when your defense involves
constant clicking. If you can get one of the things that protects against this, it'd probably help quite a bit. (Groups of Outcasts and Trolls in Boomtown
are supposed to be doable in the teens, but I decided to go do more missions instead.)

And... that's all I can think of right now. '.'

-Morgan.

Quote: Sofaspud wrote:

Quote: Vyperpunk wrote:

... depending on what sets you choose. Example: at 35 Tish couldn't handle Rikti to save her life without some clear mind backing her but during Lady
Grey I noticed significantly less troubles with them despite the lack of emp and blame her fancy sets (and accolades) for the significant difference. In
addition Tish was actually terrorized a lot less than Enkili while inside the Hamidon.

Well, if that was the run I was on you're talking about, it might have had something to do with me stacking Fortitude + Clear Mind +
Adrenalin Boost on you whenever you stood still long enough... I have learned through sad, painful experience that I really need to keep myself and my mentor
alive *first*, lest I be unable to keep anyone else alive. [Image: smile.gif]

(I'd really like to arrange a test one of these days, if you've got the time. I want to see if Adrenalin Boost affects your imps the way I think it
might have, or if I was just imagining things.)

Seriously though, thanks for the tips. I'm not looking forward to the grind, per se, but it makes it easier knowing I'm not necessarily doing it the
wrong way.

The imps are very susceptible to buffing of any kind, they really like fortitude and increased density. But if you still want to play with my imps I know
of an island just off the coast of Peregrine that's littered with lvl 50+ monkies. No you're not doing it wrong, the devs are just preparing you for
your possible future of being a farmer. It's like the awesomeness of stone... had to be countered somehow to make things fair.
Build notepad - Fire/Kin troller
Build notepad - Fire/Kin troller
Just a notepad/brainpad for the Fire/Kin powerset - I'm looking at slotting options.
Current:
Imps:
Quote:Upgrade to as many of below as possible

[Image: IO_Sovereign_Right.png]

Sovereign Right   (Levels 25-50)
[table]
[Image: 20px-Rare_Critter.png]
Accuracy/Damage
[Image: 25px-Badge_stature_01.png]
Damage/Endurance
[Image: 50px-Badge_task_force_01.png]
Accuracy/Endurance