Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gloom Sabre wishlist- and req for recs for alt builds

Dark Miasma and Rad Emission are similar in that they do two of the same debuffs - ToHit and DamResistance. The latter, I think, is what makes it worthwhile to slot for damage while playing either set. The same applies for Sonic, and to some degree Kinetics. Because your effective damage output goes up. Granted, so does everyone else's on the team, yes, but you might as well pump out some killingz there also. Again, I really do believe a defender's damage contribution is non-trivial. Space Mage is quite capable of soloing a boss on the side if everyone else is occupied, and this can happen more than one might think.

Defenders are more effective at pulling than blasters, yes - particularly in situations like the Statesman TF where you need to separate a group of AVs or somesuch. I believe this has something to do with the lower threat rating of defenders relative to blasters...I'm not quite clear on the specifics. But it is true.

Between the two it does make Moonbeam a good choice. On the other hand, it's a matter of preferences and priorities. As I mentioned, I don't take snipe attacks myself.

Sofaspud raises a good point in that... given the base numbers of the ToHitdebuff on your attacks are actually relatively low, compared to the utility powers you have for that purpose in your primary... you are better off leaving out the slotting and simply trying to use the attacks more often for stacking purposes. I suspect this is why he feels he pretty much isn't getting hit anyway.
-- Acyl

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Acyl - 01-31-2009, 10:17 PM
[No subject] - by Foxboy - 02-01-2009, 09:42 AM
[No subject] - by Shader - 02-04-2009, 01:54 AM
[No subject] - by Acyl - 02-04-2009, 04:17 PM
[No subject] - by Sofaspud - 02-05-2009, 12:19 AM
[No subject] - by sweno - 02-05-2009, 01:19 AM
[No subject] - by Acyl - 02-05-2009, 10:15 PM
[No subject] - by Foxboy - 02-05-2009, 10:18 PM
[No subject] - by Shader - 02-07-2009, 02:03 AM