Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhibitionette - Exposed!

sweno Wrote:Terrify: I feel the need to agree with Morganni about this. Slot for the powers majority affect. Fear. Glimpse of the Abyss will give you close to the same global bonuses.

I'm agreeing with you? '.'I was just thinking "add a sixth slot with a fear duration IO". It looks pretty respectable as a damage power, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to boost it's controlling a bit, since it's really the only option that's AoE, available quickly, and not going to get canceled out by Psionic Tornado. (Well, there's Choking Cloud, but personally I like to have the situation basically under control *before* I'm in the middle of things.)

AoE is really kind of tricky with this setup. Assuming going in with no powers with a > 30s recharge time available, the only thing to set up containment is Mass Hypnosis (sleep). Rad toggles I'd assume don't wake up sleepers, so that's good. But after that it's either Terrify or Psionic Tornado. With PT first, anything that survives is probably going to get to beat on you a bit. With Terrify first, PT won't get containment damage. Either way Terrify ought to last long enough even with minor fear slotting to get a group whittled down, but it's the early part that's the problem. Don't know how well Choking Cloud will help with this. (I suppose with that the strategy could be Mass Hypnosis, jump in and start working on hard targets with single-target powers, and once CC's got a chance to take hold, *then* you use Psionic Tornado and Terrify.)

-Morgan.

Messages In This Thread
Exhibitionette - Exposed! - by Baseload - 12-11-2009, 10:20 PM
[No subject] - by sweno - 12-12-2009, 07:46 AM
[No subject] - by Ankhani - 12-13-2009, 03:38 AM
[No subject] - by Morganite - 12-22-2009, 07:55 AM
[No subject] - by sweno - 12-22-2009, 12:27 PM
[No subject] - by Morganite - 12-23-2009, 06:13 AM
[No subject] - by sweno - 12-23-2009, 09:34 AM
[No subject] - by Morganite - 12-24-2009, 08:22 AM