Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*Grumble*
*Grumble*
Am I the only guy who gets hit with ads while logging into the forums? You know, the ones that pop up between when you enter your user name and password and when the forums finally come back up.
Black Aeronaut Technologies Group
Aerospace Solutions for the discerning spacer
"But first, let's test it on the penguin."
"Meep?" O.o

Re: *Grumble*
No, I get them sometimes too. There's two different types - the group of four or six with a "no thanks" button at the bottom so you can bypass the screen quickly, and the long list of ad sites where you have to select "no" on each line before you can continue.
(I suppose you could say "yes" to one of them, but why?)
I understand that people who pay for an account don't get the ads, but ezBoard doesn't like my Visa card so I'm stuck with them...

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
I always just hit the back button until I get to the forum index. Then I don't even have to wait for them to finish loading. '.'
-Morgan."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
-Haruhi, "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
---(Not really)
You shouldn't see ads at all -- I pay good money to keep ads out of here!
ETA: As does Jeanne Hedge, who is the single most prolific contributor to the Community Chest at the bottom of the main screen, and to whom I have not yet given my periodic public thanks this quarter. Thanks, Jeanne!
Anyway, if folks are regularly seeing ads, let me know, and I will scream at the ezBoard people. You should not have to put up with this.
(Oh, and moving this thread to the Forums area, where it belongs.)

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
We aren't getting ads on the forum, just during the login process.
(And I'd love to contribute, but as I said earlier, ezBoard doesn't like my Visa card. I don't know why - other US-based outfits have no problems with it...)

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk

*holds a hand up*
well for me its off and on for some reason... there are times when I log on and it goes straight to the forums after the login and then there are times it will got to the ads screen :S_______________________________
We're definitely playing this game wrong. I thought Vampire was supposed to be a game of personal horror, not about ninja magic-carpet airstrikes at night.
- A friend after playing a session of Dark Ages Vampire.
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. THERE IS ONLY WAR!
-Same friend.
Quote:
(And I'd love to contribute, but as I said earlier, ezBoard doesn't like my Visa card. I don't know why - other US-based outfits have no problems with it...)
Just asking the obvious here, Rob, but you are filling out all the fields and checkboxes on the form, right? (including the one about agreeing to the terms and conditions?)
Have you tried the Pay Pal option, or does that blow up too?

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia
Quote:
Thanks, Jeanne!
You're welcome, Bob. As I said the other day, I don't post much, and weeks may go by between visits (RL is slamming these last few months), but I do like this little corner of the internet.

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia
Quote:
well for me its off and on for some reason... there are times when I log on and it goes straight to the forums after the login and then there are times it will got to the ads screen :S
Hm. I'll have to ask around. It still strikes me as wrong, but before/when you log in might not technically be "on the board".

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Quote:
Just asking the obvious here, Rob, but you are filling out all the fields and checkboxes on the form, right? (including the one about agreeing to the terms and conditions?)
Yep.
Quote:
Have you tried the Pay Pal option, or does that blow up too?
I haven't tried that yet, no. I'll have to give PayPal my current credit card information first, though...

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk