Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the Bright Side...
On the Bright Side...
We have, what appears to be ALL of the topics back.
Downside, they all seem to have only the first post. Or it may be me.I'm the Doctor by the way. What's your name?
Rose.
Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life
Doctor Who: Ep 161
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
Re: On the Bright Side...
You mean from the server-specific issue of a few days ago, I presume? Because we don't have all the sabotage damage restored yet.
As for lost messages, there's probably going to be some reindexing done to find them.

-- Bob
---------
It's spelt "Frodo Baggins" but it's pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove."
Quote:
You mean from the server-specific issue of a few days ago, I presume? Because we don't have all the sabotage damage restored yet.
I just read the update for June 16. The highlights include
Quote:
We can see light at the end of the restoration tunnel. The work we are doing now is delivering great results with many boards getting significant amounts of data back and more to come. ... it is taking time for the restoration process to propagate throughout to all servers in our systems. Set your expectations to seeing data by Monday.
Then there's this bit:
Quote:
While we are on a positive note, in the last 24 hours we have located an additional pocket of data that we will work to restore. Restoring this data will commence next week after the current restoration processes are completed. You can consider this a sixth restoration process. You may be asking why we just found this data now, and the truth is that we have been running additional tests on old and new equipment and during one of these tests we located additional data. I can't tell you more about this now and please do not ask for more information. We will tell you what we know when we can. Stay tuned here for information.
And in the category of "Learning as They Go Along":
Quote:
Finally, we have identified and are testing a back-up and restore process that will be much faster than we had implemented in the past. Remember that the restore processes we are using now are NOT the normal processes. This new procedure means that during the back-up process you will experience much less server slowness and much faster restores. More on this after we have the process nailed down and in production.
I wonder if they've arrested the saboteur yet?

Jeanne

www.jhedge.com
go.compuserve.com/Comic
[Image: buddyicon_sm.gif]

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia
Quote:
I wonder if they've arrested the saboteur yet?
I suspect they're still trying to track him down. If they'd had him arrested by now, I'm sure we'd've seen it bannered and blazoned all over ezBoard.

-- Bob
---------
It's spelt "Frodo Baggins" but it's pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove."
and his *censored* tacked to the *censored* and everyone *censored* at it.. Big Grin_____________________________
JAYNE: "You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here!"