Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ezBoard Crash-thingy
ezBoard Crash-thingy
Some of you may have had problems earlier today/last night trying to get into the boards. I just wanted to let you know that it wasn't a problem specifically with the DW fora, but all of ezBoard -- it was apparently undergoing some kind of cascading collapse. When I tried to get in this morning and got bounced with an error message, I went to their support page and found dozens of posts citing similar problems with other boards.
I was going to AOL with my specific error message, but as soon as I hit the "new thread" button, the support board itself crashed with the same error.
I'm glad to everything is back up and running now, and I hope no one was too concerned.

-- Bob
---------
It's spelt "Frodo Baggins" but it's pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove."
Unfortunately...
...it looks like we're missing some newer material -- say stuff since April 2004 -- in some of the forums. Despite what the top page says.

-- Bob
---------
Re: ezBoard Crash-thingy
For more information, please check out the ezBoard announcement at the top of the main forum page. Apparently this is the result of deliberate sabotage.

-- Bob
---------
This is bad...
I don't mind if some of my posts went bye-bye...but the entire Tk 1940 board been wiped clean!
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Re: This is bad...
Argh. Well, according to the new update they are restoring stuff as fast as they can, although some things were wiped for good. We're a gold board, though, and they say they'll be able to completely restore about half the gold boards.

-- Bob
---------
May I know what kinds of boards are there?_____________________________
JAYNE: "You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here!"
Quote:
they say they'll be able to completely restore about half the gold boards.
Which means that it's the luck of the draw which boards can be restored. What's really bad is that some of the long-running threads in the general section had been wiped out...rats!
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Quote:
May I know what kinds of boards are there?
To the best of my knowledge there are two kinds of boards -- free ones (supported by advertising) and "gold" ones (paid for by the admin).

-- Bob
---------
Info
By the way, if you haven't been reading the system news items that I'm making visible at the top of the main page, please do so. All the problems in the past week or so have been the result of a single malicious attack on ezBoard, deliberately erasing board information. What ezBoard is doing about this is detailed in these news posts, and they are being regularly updated.

-- Bob
---------