Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding Descriptors
Adding Descriptors
A new featurette for the board: As I get the time and opportunity, I'm going to be making use of the "sticky" function to add permanent "this is what this forum" is messages to all areas. It'll probably take me a day or two to get around to everything. No big deal, but I figured people would want to know what I'm doing.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Re: Adding Descriptors
Ahh... so you're sticking it to us Smile
(Sorry, couldn't resist and I'm feeling a little punchy from bad sleep 2 nights in a row...)
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Actually I wanted to do this when I first opened the boards up, but the version of ezBoard in use back in September didn't have that feature and I sort of forgot all about it until recently.

-- Bob
---------
I had just one complaint about it, but now that I look, it seems that it doesn't screw up the order of the "Next Topic" / "Previous Topic" links, so it turns out I don't have any complaint at all!
Quote:

Better than rimfire...
Quote:
Actually I wanted to do this when I first opened the boards up, but the version of ezBoard in use back in September didn't have that feature and I sort of forgot all about it until recently.
So in other words, you forgot to remember, and then you remembered that you had forgotten?
(My apologies, the mask for the Magic Nose Machine broke a couple nights ago, and my sleep has been royally fscked up since then...)
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
(facepalm)
Now how the heck did I miss this thread when I came here to ask about the sticky descriptions? Sigh. Oh well, what the hell.
- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Re: (facepalm)
Don't worry about it, CD.

-- Bob
---------
Just thought I ought to let you know -- you screwed up the formatting in the "British Legends" descriptor -- [bi] instead of the bold tag.
Oops. I'll go fix that forthwith. I wish that ezBoard showed you your post after initially making it, not just after edits...

-- Bob
---------
but it can! There's a little box next to the add reply button marked Preview. Check it and it will throw up a preview of the post."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Oh, I know it can do that. I meant doing it by default. Because I always forget to click that checkbox.

-- Bob
---------
Hmmn. And here I thought it was a sticky box... IE, click it and it would stay clicked like the other posting options."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Nope, it's not sticky -- at least in my experience. Might be an ezOp vs. user thing, though -- there are a few gotchas like that.

-- Bob
---------