Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restricting Posting
Restricting Posting
Occasionally -- but admittedly infrequently -- over the past 11 months, we have seen instances of spam, scams, inappropriate and just clueless posts on the board. I could probably eliminate much of this by requiring that users register for the board first before being allowed to post. However, a number of the users are unregistered and probably want to stay that way.
What do people think? Have these messages been annoying enough to you to warrant this? Or do you want the forums to remain as open as they are now?

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Re: Restricting Posting
I don't think it's really enough of a problem to warrant a major response; at least not yet. We've only had, what, three spammers in the whole time we've been operating? Not a big problem, you'll agree.
Besides, there's always the chance that I'll notice the spammer in time to heckle him before the thread gets locked next time. ^_^
Blessed be.
-n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Your call - personally I don't think it's necessary yet (and that's my official moderator opinion Smile, though I would encourage those who are regulars and haven't registered to do so (even just a local account like I have).
And Nathan - go ahead and heckle them, just keep it clean - this is a PG(-13?) rated forum Smile
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
I have to agree with Valles... We seem to be covered by the same sort of selectivly permiable shield that once protected Callahan's Bar. Sure, the occasional Big Beef Mcafferty slips through, but they never STAY."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children