Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confirmed Bugs
Confirmed Bugs
Anyone who's seen anything odd and can reproduce it or point at a thread where it happens, please do so in this thread. I have a Yuku admin asking what
bugs we're seeing after I groused about it, and I want to list everything for him/her/them. I've already pointed out the random new/read status and
the lack of CR/LFs in code-tagged text.

Thanks.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

A large number of replies in the DW VI board seem to have gone away... o.O

-Morgan.

Really? I'll go look into that forthwith. Thanks.
-- Bob
---------

Follow-up: I honestly can't tell if there've been messages deleted. I don't remember what the last topic in that forum was.
-- Bob
---------

It wasn't the last, really.

It was the posts at the end of the first page and the beginning of the second, such as http://drunkardswalkforums.yuku.com/topic/2926]this one where the first post is fine, and then there's a bunch of replies saying that they're missing and can't be restored...

I first checked because of all those "unregistered"s I saw in a block. (Not everyplace it says "unregistered" is that, because that's what it does with posts from people who weren't signed in when that was allowed... but in that case, I think most of them are.)

-Morgan.
Re: Confirmed Bugs
Judging from the dates of those posts, it looks like they were victims of the Great ezBoard Backup Failure of 2004, not the move to Yuku.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Yeah, I guess I was wrong. '.'

-Morgan.

Ah. Yes, that's why I didn't "see" them. I knew about the ones lost when the hacker blasted ezBoard back into the stone age. I was looking
for something else entirely.
-- Bob
---------

My post on the "Down to Earth Song" thread (in "The Game...") is listed as having been made on "01/30/00" despite being a
response to Rob Kelk's post of 27 Jan '08. I wasn't even aware of Drunkard's Walk in 2000!

Edit: I've also noticed, just looking around, that there's something haywire with the system keeping track of how many posts a person has made.
I've found four listed as my 477th post -- spread over a period of several months -- and a 475th which occurred well
after the latest of the 477s. Unless I'm time-traveling without knowing it....

Specifics:

(in "The Game...") 477 -- Lead on "Gatesong?", 1st reply on "Breaking ?Servant Factor? with a song"

475 -- 2nd reply on "A Down to Earth Song"

(in DWV) 477 -- Lead on "Voices", 5th reply on "Belldandy is Angry"

I'd be surprised if there aren't more I simply didn't spot.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

It's a bit peculiar that Jeanne Hedge's post in "Test Message" says "edited 1 time" when apparently she's edited it three
times...

-Morgan.

"Do it for honor. Do it for glory. Do it for the lulz."

Quote: Morganni wrote:

It's a bit peculiar that Jeanne Hedge's post in "Test Message" says "edited 1 time" when apparently she's edited it three
times...

Sorry for being misleading. That isn't a bug, it was me making comments to myself while I was testing. [Image: ohwell.gif]

At least once (and apparently maybe twice?) I changed something, clicked preview, and then changed something else - and commented to myself about both changes.
I didn't expect the system to post how many times I'd edited it (didn't even notice that until you pointed it out).

OTOH, in this message I'm testing to see if I can manually remove your sig out of the quote-back. As I type this, it appears that you can. We'll see
how it comes out the other end - and I promise not to edit it! [Image: wink.gif]

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia

Another thing I think is a bug that's not actually a bug? Dammit.

Though I think I did read somewhere in the yuku support forums that the edit lines had been doing some weird things (other than the date errors I think), which
is part of why I was watching them.

-Morgan.
Reproducible bug re: timestamps/last author
When the original author edits their post, the timestamp in the forum for that post changes to accurately reflect the last edit. But the author that timestamp
is associated with remains the same, indicating who made the last reply in that thread.

I just noticed it (again, as I've seen it before) when editing my thread in The Legendary forum. The thread is here, the forum it's in is here.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs