Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Anyone Have Trouble Connecting...
Did Anyone Have Trouble Connecting...
...to individual forum areas this morning (5/19/08) at around 8 AM Eastern? I could see the top page of the forums, but kept getting "this page is not
available" errors when I tried to go look at anything.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Last night (1AM eastern or so), I saw something like that. The directory listing would appear (though sometimes the CSS would not load), but inidividual forums
or threads would give a blank page in Firefox. In IE I got a "could not find server" message, which seemed rather peculiar. But it was fine when I
got up. (Around 10 eastern.)

-Morgan.

Not this morning, but I had trouble logging in a few minutes ago - ~4:15 this afternoon. (Clicked on the "Login" button, nothing seemed to happen;
clicked on it again, same result; did a shift-Reload, the page reloaded without its CSS and I still couldn't log on. Went and read the SJGames forums for a
quarter-hour, came back, was able to login.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Mm. If it strikes again, or looks like it's a regular thing, I'll go ask about it in the support area.
-- Bob
---------

Had it happen again tonight. I tried connecting at 12:08 EST and got the blank subforums in Firefox.

--

"Having major planets disappear is always a bad sign." - Jim Blinn

Okay, I'll look into it and see if it's something global to Yuku, or just affecting us.
-- Bob
---------

to add some more weirdness to the pot - I believe it was Paradoxe, was complaining about this behavior, while I was able to view the board perfectly, at the
same time.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Hm. That sounds more like problems on the Net then... Let me go look now -- I didn't get the chance earlier.
-- Bob
---------

Okay, now that's indicative of something... I can't get to the help boards right now: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".
-- Bob
---------