Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okay, something new...
Okay, something new...
You've probably already noticed that "Other People's Fanfiction" and "The Legendary" now have something they never did before --
comboboxes under their names. A request was made for a forum to discuss mission design for COH, and in implementing it I discovered that Yuku supports nesting
subforums under forums. So I'm making the experiment -- "Archived Fanfic Recommendations" is now a subforum of "Other People's
Fanfiction", and the new "Mission Design" subforum is under "The Legendary". If it doesn't prove annoying or confusing, I'll
keep it this way, and maybe consider other subforuming that seems to make sense.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

As a note, I couldn't access the subforums until I had logged in. It gave me a Forum Not Found! error mesasge.... Probably an oversight when Yuku coded
it..
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed

I'll pass that on to Yuku. Thanks.
-- Bob
---------

This may be useful for the Fenspace forum as well. We can use it to deposit things like the Vehicle Registry and Gazetter in, and hopefully make things a lot
easier to find since they would no longer be in one single onerous thread.

Though, granted, if we do away with the original stickies such as the Vehicle Registry and Character Registry threads, then we'll have to redo all the
entries on an individual basis, but I think that'll be an improvement as well due to the way things in Fenspace have progressed. This would hopefully even
'prune' things down a bit by getting rid of old, outdated, superfluous, and even rejected entries (though I guess we can keep a few of the latter
around as an example to others).

CrimsonKMR Wrote:As a note, I couldn't access the subforums until I had logged in. It gave me a Forum Not Found! error mesasge.... Probably an oversight when Yuku coded it..

I didn't (and haven't) had any problems with the sub-forums, logged in or not. However, I'm hardly using anything exotic, just IE7.

I've been going through the support threads, and I can't see any indication that subforums should be limited to logged-in members. I'll keep
investigating.
-- Bob
---------

Maybe its a firefox thing? *shrugs*

*edit* I logged out and tested this. Still getting the 404 when I'm not logged in
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed

Dunno about Firefox. I'm using Seamonkey at home -- which I understand is fundamentally the same when it comes to the browser code -- and I didn't
notice a problem. But I'll doublecheck when I get home tonight.
-- Bob
---------

I just noticed... When I'm in a subforum and I click on its "Mark Forum Read" link, everything in the main forum is also marked read. When I'm in the main forum and I click on its "Mark Forum Read" link, the subforum is not also marked read.

This might be a feature, but it sure seems like a bug to me...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I haven't seen that... I've found myself bounced all the way to top level by marking a subforum as read, and yeah, the new message flag is gone from
the parent forum -- but when I go back in the individual threads are still marked, if there are any that are still unread.
-- Bob
---------