Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook?
Facebook?
Anyone else have Facebook links at the top of the page?

Alternately, "Get a bucket, the forum is on fire."

Looks like something that can be safely ignored if you don't have a facebook account.

-Morgan. "If you have a facebook account, that was your first mistake."

Just noticed it for the first time when I opened up the forums a few minutes ago. Like Morgan said, safely ignorable. Even if you do have a Facebook account.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Near as I can tell, clicking on it just adds a vote in the site's favor on Facebook... which will do no good unless everybody here starts clicking on that thing insanely. And I don't think you want that kind of popularity, Bob. Wink

Oh cute! That flame up there? Clicking on it lets you see who's 'Liked' something recently on the forums. Looks like it's a little more self-contained that I thought, though it is using my facebook account to provide profile data (i.e.: picture).
ETA: Annnnnnd... Yep!  Your Wall on Facebook will reflect that you Liked it.  And not just the Forums in general.  It will link to the specific thread or page you were on.  I.e.: Liking from the main page of the forum will link to there, while Liking from a specific page in a thread will link to that page.
Might be a good way for me to get my brothers a little more interested in what goes on here.  You guys would like them - they're good fellas.  Wink

Hm. That's not nearly as bad as I thought it might be, given the flap over FB privacy going on right now.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.