Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connection problems
Connection problems
Okay, for the last day or two I've been seeing network timeouts and other connection problems trying to get to the forums.  They come and go -- several minutes' worth of difficulty, and then nothing for a couple hours.
Has anybody else experienced anything like that recently?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Yes.

Sometimes I notice in the browser's information bar that it's trying to connect to that outboundlinkto.me site, even when I'm clicking on purely internal links... but only sometimes.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Oh, yeah, forgot about that outboundlinkto.me thing. I've got it blocked by default, that's probably what's causing it.
-- Bob
---------

Sometimes the pages don't seem to quite finish loading.  The page itself looks fully loaded, and seems to work fine, but the loading bar stays onscreen, just short of being full, and the status line in the lower left corner says it is transferring data from somewhere.  I've seen it say pixel.quaintserve.com, static.yuku.com, drunkardswalkforums.yuku.com, and at the moment it says outboundlink.me...
I've had this happen to me on a few other sites as well, so I think its partially a browser issue.  Do you have any idea what might be causing it?
Edit: I'm using the latest version of Firefox, by the way.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Jorlem, I've seen it happen in Chrome and IE as well. And the various sundry things I see in the status bar bother me.

Huh. So it isn't a browser thing then. I wonder what's going on.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Odd. I'm not seeing anything like that at all.
-- Bob
---------

Bob, sometime later on I'll go ahead and catalogue all the stuff I see on my end.

I've seen things like that from time to time, but not usually here that I recall, and I certainly haven't had problems lately.