Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post listing oddities?
Post listing oddities?
So, I'm checking the politics forum one last time before going to bed, and I noticed this. A thread with 8 replies, the last two having been posted by hmelton and Sofaspud, with Sofaspud's being the most recent. But the index is listing hmelton as having the last reply. Which seems odd.

-Morgan.

What's odder is that I replied, saw my reply show up, went and did some other stuff, came back, and saw hmelton's reply *above* mine in the listing, where it hadn't been before.
(You can see evidence of this in my first reply post, because I'm quite clearly responding to you, not him, there.  I hadn't seen his post at all at that point, and didn't until well after I posted.)

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

This is happening to me too. I posted a reply in the Sleeping With the Girls thread over in Other People's Fanfiction, and it showed up after I posted it, but when I went back to the index page, it wasn't listed. When I opened the thread up again, the post was gone. Hopefully this post will go up ok. I'm using the quick reply box, like I did over in OFP, if it makes a difference.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Okay, that's kind of odd. Let me do some investigation.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

might have to do with time started (when it gets its post number) vs time finished and submitted (which might affect last post data) IE HMelt started his post before Sweno but it took him longer to put it together, so Sweno started and finished his post before HM did.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

[thread necro]

Something I noticed today. If you edit a post, the Last Post column for a thread will list the time for that edit, but the author will be that of the actual last post in the thread. Right now, I've have an edit in the End of an Era thread time-stamped 3:03pm today and Bob is listed as the last poster at that time even though his post (unedited) is tamped 2:33pm.

Was going to make a new thread but decided to stick this in here instead.

Weeeiiirrd. Come to think of it, though, I've seen this before. Just never really thought to post about it here.