Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Featured Topics"?
"Featured Topics"?
Is this something that's been here and I just never noticed it?
Also, since I'm curious:
* Does the board moderation have to place something there?  (I'm assuming 'yes', since I can't conceive of any criteria that the post in question fits that an automated system would pick up on)
* Can we (users) turn it on and off?
* (Circling back to the first point) What constitutes featured topics?
Note that I'm not upset by its sudden appearance.  I'm honestly just curious here. Smile

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

It's an item under the "Topic Tools" menu, which I just found and used for the first time today. This menu is (or should be) only available to the board admins. (Morgan, do you see the "feature topic" item on the Topic Tools? Heck, do you see Topic Tools at all?)

Users probably can't turn it off.

A featured topic is basically one that the admin(s) decide to toggle as "featured". I tried it because I just found it and wanted to see what it did, liked what I saw, and left it on.

I'll turn it off on that thread tomorrow, probably. It's served its purpose.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Unless, of course, you know of another topic that is feature-worthy. Wink

Well, yeah, I suppose. I'd have to start thinking on what type of thread would qualify on a regular basis.
-- Bob
---------

Well, something along the lines of "New Chapter of Drunkard's Walk is Up" should definitely qualify.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

or a fresh shiny 'newest eyrie'

can't think of anything other than that.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Good points. And maybe I should put up a sticky thread for nominations for other threads to feature.
-- Bob
---------