Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ads *sigh*
Ads *sigh*
And now we have advertisements. Any way to remove those?

Does that even qualify as an ad? I'm just seeing... random quotes stuck in. To be an ad, don't they have to be selling something?

Of course, they're still calling it an ad, and I'm still under the impression we're not supposed to have those. Unless the payment for the board has run out. I know I used to be able to see that information, but I'm not sure I can now. Or I just forgot how.

-Morgan.

I'm getting autoplaying video ads with audio.. yeeeuch!

Where do I put moneys to make it stop, Bob?
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Huh. I'm just getting text with things like "The spontaneous rally will begin at 1:45".

I must be blocking more scripts or something. '.' Except that's weird even so.

you don't need to rub in the superiority of your ad-blocking configuration.

Wink Tongue

I amn't getting any of them. But then I scriptblock and adblock too

Not only do they want money from the forum owner, they want money from the members too.
Even worse? The ads are from Yuku itself, being obnoxious intentionally to get you to pay money to make them stop.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

not to mention the bandwidth they are soaking is slowing the board to a crawl (at least on my old poop box)
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Wiredgeek Wrote:you don't need to rub in the superiority of your ad-blocking configuration.

Wink Tongue

But how will I spread my ad-blocking configuration if I don't?

Was reminded about the "view contributers" thing by some searching. I'm not sure everyone can see that, but from what I can tell we don't *look* like we should be out of pageviews yet.

-Morgan.

They also won't let me edit posts. The "edit" link still points to where it should for editing, but that now bounces to http://www.yuku.com/portal/communities, which is blatant self-advertizing.

EDIT: It seems that my editing issue was temporary, thank goodness.

OK, that's weird - my edit links are not redirecting as described.

Foxboy Wrote:Not only do they want money from the forum owner, they want money from the members too.
Even worse? The ads are from Yuku itself, being obnoxious intentionally to get you to pay money to make them stop.
Yeah. Bob's already paid good money to not have ads, why should we have to 'upgrade' to turn off ads we shouldn't be seeing.

On teh redirect thing... well, it doesn't happen to me either, but I recall installing a Firefox plugin to kill redirect scripts, so that may have something to do with it. Yes, the list of addons on the Firefox pages is long and poorly organised, but it really is worth the hlaf-three quarters of an hour to read all the way through it. If you're not using Firefox, I don't know what equivalents may or may not exist.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Still trying to find the @#$%^ piece of demon code on the Web Page.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Okay, this is news to me. Let me go check to make sure I haven't run out of pageviews or something.

As for donations, there should be a community chest icon on the top page of the fourms.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Yep, ran out of pageviews. Dammit, I thought I had enough for a couple more months. Okay, I just bought 270K views, but if anyone else wants to throw money, look for the "Contribute Now!" link at the very top of the main page, or http://drunkardswalkforums.yuku.com/contributor]go here.
-- Bob
---------

And I just tossed another 90K pageviews into the pot. That should keep us going for a few days (for a generous definition of "a few"...)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I tested on my earlier post in this thread, and the redirect issue has resolved itself. Maybe I broke the particular post I was trying to edit somehow.

Today's payday, so I threw another 270k views into the pot.

Wow. Thank you everyone.

Now I just need to figure out why my avatar has vanished from Yuku's files...
-- Bob
---------

I'm seeing your avatar fine. Maybe it's a temporary breakage?

Must have been. It was missing when I looked at the site in the last minutes of the day at work, but I see it now that I'm home.
-- Bob
---------