Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Media Popup...
Social Media Popup...
Anyone know how to kill the stupid thing dead?
It irks me that the forum wants me to "blog" every forum post on Twitter/Facebook/etc.... especially since I don't use them.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

There's a checkbox at the bottom of the reply box for "Share:".. It may be you've checked it unknowingly and it's trying to cross-post every time you add something?
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

I have yet to see such a thing. But looking at the "Share on" prompt at the bottom of the Quick Reply box as I type this, I think Ankhani may have the right of it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Just going to test something...

... Well, it's not doing anything when *I* check that box. Might have to have scripts allowed from some other domain to make it work. But I'm noticing that once you make a post with that setting checked, it seems to stay checked (and would presumably keep doing the same behavior that it triggers). Very strange, what's the point even?

-Morgan.

It irks the CRAP out of me that I can't even go to my settings and say "no! Don't check this thing!"
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat

-- James Nicoll

--- Because you have to post once with the thing unchecked... must have been something they snuck in and I never noticed it was even there TO check...

-- James Nicoll

Yeah, it just seems to remember whatever you did last. Not, in theory, a horrible idea, except what if you only want to do it sometimes?

Well, at least when you uncheck the box and make a post, that'll stick too.

-Morgan.