Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pictures and video
Pictures and video
Can someone please clarify how to use this forum's video/picture embed function? The toolbar that Yuku thoughtfully provides for use might as well be a nonfunctional graphic for all the good it does.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

You can embed images by hand if necessary, by putting IMG tags around the image's URL.

For example,

[Image: chibiskuld.jpg]

results in

[Image: chibiskuld.jpg]
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I've used Flickr's embed tags to successfully embed images on the forum. Check the image service you use, they might have a "legacy forum" option outputting BBCode that should work.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

I'm actually storing pictures on Yuku, which is the most frustrating part of it. It may be time to embrace the Future and get a Flickr account.
Ebony the Black Dragon

I recommend Imgur vs. flickr.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

I'll keep both in mind, Wire. As to videos, can anyone tell me about those? I see people embedding YouTube vids all the time, but when I try to do it, I run into the same problems that I have with pictures.
Ebony the Black Dragon

Yeah, use YouTube's embed URL over what Yuku provides. That does seem to work "better" overall.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

When embedding Youtube videos, grab their embed code, switch to HTML mode (HTML button towards the far right), and put it in there. Should do you fine.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Imageshack provides the correct embedding codes for Yuku.

The big thing to remember is to not let yuku convert urls, and to make sure your using the correct interpreter (telling it to use html or bb code as appropriate. Other thing is the Quick reply box is always bb code, there might be a setting to change that but I cant swear to it)
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Also on Youtube vids: Use the "old code" for an embed, otherwise you just get a link.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Odd thing I've been noticing, sometimes the embedded youtube videos don't go to full screen. The button is there, but when I push it, nothing happens except the button itself changing color. I videos I've embedded seem to work fine for me, but the John Carter trailers Bob posted do not, for example. I'm not quite sure what is causing this, but it seemed close enough to this threads topic to not need a new thread.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.