Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video Fullscreen
Video Fullscreen
As you all know, fullscreen does not work on embedded youtube videos.  I'm going to use this thread to try to test out a few hypothesis, and see if any of them work, over the next few days, as I come up with ideas.  Please excuse any double posting, especially as my first idea requires use of the quick reply box.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

[embed][/embed]

test
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Well, I confirmed one interesting thing right off. The code that yuku uses to embed the video isn't the one that youtube provides. Yuku instead rewrites this code, and denies access to scripts, which I believe is how flash does fullscreen. (could be wrong though, and its 5 am here, so I'm falling asleep.  Best time to start stuff like this.)  Also, it tosses in a ton of span brackets for some reason. Really, just go into the HTML editor with the HTML button on the toolbar, enter in a youtube video embed code, exit the editor, and then re-enter it. You'll see an entirely different bit of code than what you pasted. Toggle in and out a few more times, and watch the number of spans grow.
Edit:  A bit of editing has confirmed that if the allowscriptaccess is set to always instead of never, toggling between the standard editor and HTML mode does not change it.  Actually saving the post, or at least hitting the edit button does change it back to never.  Odd, and rather annoying.
-----