Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page loading problem
Page loading problem
Anyone else having random pages just come up white?  No text, no images, nothing.  The status says the page has loaded.  I can force a reload and it comes up most of the times.  A couple of times I've had to force a reload two or three times before the page displays.

Occasionally - it appears to be a problem at Yuku's end.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I've seen it once or twice now myself, but it never seems to last more than a couple minutes. (Although my Internet-era impatience makes it seem like much longer.)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

As have I, though not as bad as it was a couple of weeks ago when I got nothing but an empty page (viewing the page source showed NOTHING) for like 2-3 days. Like you I normally hit refresh once or twice and it clears right up.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

I have been getting it for most of today.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

I got it once last night, but only once.

Unfortunately, support under Yuku's new management is a Potemkin Village, as far as I can tell.
-- Bob
---------

And another problem, posts are disappearing and reappearing. Have I mentioned I hate yuku?
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

The board seems to have Time-Travel problems. You'll see new posts, but follow the link and you'll get a "This page doesn't exist!" and then the topic/reply will be gone for an hour or two while the Time Cops fix the Temporal inversion.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

That had happened to me yesterday as well. The disappearing reappearing thread-posts is quite noticeable. Completely annoying.
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
--Dr. Seuss

Yeah, I've gotten a bit of that myself. Also having trouble with threads not being marked as read automatically.

I've submitted a help ticket on the problem; I've discovered it extends to the admin screens for the board, but oddly enough not to the email system.
-- Bob
---------

Oh, and logging out and back in again seems to reset things to normal. Most of the time.
-- Bob
---------

It's gone beyond annoying.

If there's nothing changed since you last looked at the site it's loading from a static image that's hours older than that, rather than doing any SQL queries.

The "Yuku Team", which appears to be a generic identity for everyone working support, has responded with
Quote:Thanks for the report. I've sent an alert to the technical team to take a look for you, I can tell the board is lagging right now, hang in there.
-- Bob
---------

I've been noticing the time warping for over a week, myself. Nothing like seeing new posts, going into a forum, and there not being new posts... or worse, hitting the "view new", and not seeing new posts in the thread, or even any edits.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Okay, tech support left me a message reading
Quote:Hi, your server should be caught up now. Let us know if you see more issues.
So let's give the boards a lot of exercise over the next day or so. If you see any of the problems, post it here with as much detail as you can provide so I can relay it to the support folks.
-- Bob
---------

Time: 22:15 Eastern

Issue: Read thread "The next batch of videos are up" in General Chatter. Thread was not marked as read when I returned to the forum view. Read thread a second time; thread was still not marked as read after exiting it.
--
Rob Kelk

Issue - just posted to this thread, exited thread, returned to thread, new post is not present in thread.

Edit: Posting this message caused previous post and this post to appear. First attempt to edit this post to say this resulted in "post does not exist" message.
--
Rob Kelk

Okay, I've copied both of those to the support thread.
-- Bob
---------

Yesterday I was unable to make a post in the WTF picture thread, trying to ask if you had any recommended links on the history of the Coke/Pepsi thing. I was initially using the Quick Reply box, but when that didn't work, I tried the normal reply page, and had the same problem. Every time I clicked 'post', I got sent back to the start of the thread, and my post was not added to the thread. After about 5 or 6 times, I gave up.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Latest word from support:
Quote:Hi there,

Can you check now and let me know if you are still experiencing issues?

Thanks, and so sorry for the trouble.
That was timestamped 8:42 Eastern this morning -- has anyone experienced any problems since then?
-- Bob
---------

Things seem to be working so far. I'll post here if I notice anything screwy.

Please do. So far it looks like they may have nailed this down. But as I just told the support staff, let's give it through the weekend as a test.
-- Bob
---------

At 18:50 Eastern, "Future Steps > Preview: Girls, Girls, Girls" showed as having new posts. The last post in that thread was 03/14/04.

Is this a glitch, or was some spam deleted?
--
Rob Kelk

I think Bob did a post edit, I saw it too.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor