Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go to new post?
Go to new post?
When I click on the little 'go to new post' link to the left of the thread name, for some reason it has been sending me to the second post in the thread, not the newest post.  I've noticed this happening for the last day or so.
Is anyone else is having this issue?
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

So far as I can remember, it has always done this to me, but only when viewing a new thread. Threads I've seen before work properly.

I've never used it, so I'd never noticed the behavior. If it's a big deal, I'll bring it up with Yuku.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

It may depend on if it is a new post or an edit, which will also flag the thread as having new content.  In my experience (with Chrome if that matters) if the thread was updated because of an edit the 'go to new post' link will do what Jorlem describes, but if there is an actual new post it seems to work correctly.  I'm not sure what happens if there are both edits and new posts.

I think if there is both a new post and an edit, it has the same result as just an edit. It is the only way I can explain why I was just sent to the second post in the 'What Would A Fic With This Title Be About?' thread over on Other People's Fanfiction, when the newest post is less than an hour old, while the link next to the Update thread sent me straight to the newest post, as it is supposed to. (Maybe this past weekend, I was just getting unlucky with the threads I was trying to read?)
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

If you click the "view new posts" link on a new thread that you have not previously viewed, it will send you to the second post rather than the first. I would think the rational for this is that link is concerned with replies to a thread; it takes you to the first unread reply.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Quote:Ankhani wrote:
If you click the "view new posts" link on a new thread that you have not previously viewed, it will send you to the second post rather than the first. I would think the rational for this is that link is concerned with replies to a thread; it takes you to the first unread reply.
Yes, but the issue is that it is sometimes doing this with threads that I have previously viewed.
-----

Okay, that's odd - I just clicked on the "new post" icon for this thread, and was taken to the post before the newest one.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I seem to be reliably getting routed to the first page of the thread whenever I click on 'new post' when it's an edit.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Hmm, I get sent to the first page when a thread is necro'd. I haven't figured out how old the last post before the new one has to be before this happens, but it's damned annoying. Clicking "first unread post" seems to send me to the top of the last page or something along those lines.

for me one of three things happen. if there is only one new post, I get that post. more than one, I get the one after the first new post. If its an edit, I get the top of that page
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

First post, always, for me. Including when the only new post is the one I just made, if I don't refresh the thread again after having my post appear.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Still happening. Clicking on 'go to new post' takes me to the first post in the thread whenever the last thing done to the thread was an edit.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.