Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Whites (And Only Whites) Are Racist
All Whites (And Only Whites) Are Racist
at least according to the mandatory diversity training at the University of Delaware. The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE) has excerpts from from the University of Delaware Office of Residence Life Diversity Facilitation Training document. FIRE also has an article about their fight against this indoctrination, which gives more (IMO, disturbing) details about this indoctrination.
I don't know about you, but this sort of ultra-left-wing ideological reeducation bothers me greatly, and makes me wonder about the future of intellectual freedom in academia and higher education
--The Twisted One"Growing up means giving up everything that makes you happy"
--Marge Simpson
"If you
wish to converse with me, define your
terms."

--Voltaire
Re: All Whites (And Only Whites) Are Racist
... Okay.
The idea that being white (or male, or heterosexual, or whatever else) can give one advantages that others don't have isn't exactly a new one.
But wasn't racism supposed to be about beliefs and actions?
"*pulls out picture* This is my niece. She's just a month old, isn't she cute? So, she's a racist?"
-Morgan."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
-Haruhi, "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
---(Not really)
Umm... has any non-blatently-ideological news source covered this story? Some of those excerpts I find extremely hard to believe, especially since they more conform to a ridiculous caricature of "liberal" views than anything I have ever seen held true by an actual human being.
Here is an article in the University of Delaware's own student newspaper about the halt placed on the program as a result of the attention recieved, and which gives more detail about the program, those who made the first complaints, and the document in question, apparently made by Dr. Shakti Butler, and which can be found in it's entirety here (pdf).
And here is an article in DIVERSE, formerly Black Issues In Higher Education about it. So, yes, Ayiekie, it is real.
--The Twisted One"Growing up means giving up everything that makes you happy"
--Marge Simpson
"If you
wish to converse with me, define your
terms."

--Voltaire
My (distinctly right wing/libertarian) friends did send me this and I did check it out, downloading material from as far as I could tell the University website. The quoted material is accurate.
Then yup, that's completely whacked and has to be stopped. That's not "left-wing", it's nucking futs. I wonder who was ultimately responsible for letting something like that get implemented.
That is indeed whacked, but it reminds me of some of the people I went to high school with, whose definition of racist was non-black people.
The 'definition' of racist is apparently common in some of the poorer areas around Baltimore (along with the belief that Baltimore is it's own state, separate from Maryland.)

WARNING, RANT FOLLOWING
The solution is to unlink schools funding from the real estate taxes so that schools in the inner city are no longer so desperately poor and spread the money more on a per student basis, as well as throw out all the teachers and hire proper replacements which of course will require a salary to match, 75'000-100'000 a year sounds competitive enough with the private sector. Then these problems will hopefully resolve themselves in a generation or so, and a host of other besides.
If I could design a proper school system I would take the swiss system and adapt a few things from the American system to it, only 1 out of 5 potential applicants making it to a teaching position makes a much better ratio than what you get in America, especially if potential applicants must already have a masters in *something* and at least minor in teaching.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."