Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creationists use DCMA to silence critics
Creationists use DCMA to silence critics
Here's the Slashdot article about how a Kent Hovind backed group has gotten the Rational Response Squad banned from YouTube. Thoughts? Comments?
--The Twisted One"Welcome to Fanboy Hell. You will be spending eternity here, in a small room with Jar-Jar Binks and Dobby the house-elf."
"If you
wish to converse with me, define your
terms."

--Voltaire
Re: Creationists use DCMA to silence critics
DMCA abuses are nothing new, though from some of the comments on the article GooTube was right to ban them (for libel). The correct response to a false DMCA notice is a counterclaim, and a lawsuit for a false notice if it's particularly egrarius.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Few people know that there's a counterclaim process -- but it basically requires you to say you're ready to accept a lawsuit if the other party really wants to push. I know I saw some info on this somewhere in the last week... if I can find it, I'll put up a link to it.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
well you are stating under penalty of perjury that the claim is false. If you lie you'll probably go to prison for a few years. So it does push up the stakes a bit.
And the counterclaim is weaker than the notice, the material is not supposed to be put back up for 14 days after the other party has been notified about the counterclaim to give them time to react.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
counter claim
www.ucmo.edu/dmca/counterclaimform.pdf
Here is a generic form for counterclaim.
A nice reminder that, at least in North America, that lacking the powers they once did, religious dipshits are forced to rely on the rule of law, rather that usurping it.
This act is highly likely to bite Hovind and his loathsome ilk on both cheeks, tear a further chunk out, and masticate the bloody bum-bacon with flesh tearing glee.
Of course, Hovind himself has already run into the issue of religion verses law recently. Law one. Hovind Zero (Or ten years as it were).
Shayne