Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court Votes to Limit the Use of Race in Integration
Supreme Court Votes to Limit the Use of Race in Integration
I'm sure we can find reasons to yell at each other on this one...
Also, while I was doing a google search, it gave me this...
Quote:
Ontario Now Seattle parent 'vindicated' by Supreme Court school ruling - 11 hours ago
The Supreme Court's 5-4 ruling rejecting Seattle's assignment program and ... The girl wound up commuting across town to attend Ingraham High School in the ...
The article linked to there isn't the source of either of those lines, and I'm curious about the end of the second one. Anyone know how I might be able to find it without reading all 634 "related articles"?
-Morgan.
"Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
-Haruhi, "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
---(Not really)
Re: Supreme Court Votes to Limit the Use of Race in Integrat
I'm going to yell at you for a deplorable lack of links, or coherency in the quoted materialWire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
The quoted material not being coherent is *my* problem with it. >.> (That and that I'm not sure where the quote is coming from, which seems like a serious issue...)
seattlepi.nwsource.com/lo...attle.html
Quote:
"It shouldn't matter what your skin color is, your income or your disabilities," Brose said. "Public schools are for all of us. If this nation is going to move beyond race, we have to stop using race as part of important decisions."
Supreme Court, Hell Yeah!
Quote:
Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., said she was disappointed with the ruling and that it would make it harder for school districts around the country to ensure quality education for all students.
Bulllllllshit. This senator is lying.
I concur on your initial posts.
Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
The only way to start improving poor schools is to FIRE CRAPPY TEACHERS.
The problem is that the government's mouth is too firmly attached to the Teachers' Union's cock.--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Yes,because the problem is bad teachers.
Good teachers can simultaneously teach 40+ students in a single class, and keep track of the personal needs of students in eight or nine classes at a time.
Good teachers can magically transform texts that are years (or decades) out of date with the transmutation powers they learned in teacher school.
We know that good teachers are willing to accept some of the most abysmal pays in the world for some of the hardest jobs. We certainly aren't driving teachers out of the profession and into anything where they could earn a living wage. We aren't forcing teachers to buy their own supplies, nosiree!
It's all those horrible, horrible bad teacher's fault!
Do you have any opinions that are not spoonfed to you be Limbaugh and Coulter?
--------------------
Epsilon
Well, he certainly can't be getting it from Limbaugh. Rush has more than one thing he thinks could be done to improve schools.
The most common one seems to be, give teachers the power to throw out students who purposely disrupt the class. Which sounds like a good idea to *me* at least...
But if you don't think there are some teachers that schools would be better off without... you must have gone to some really good schools. '.'
-Morgan."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
-Haruhi, "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
---(Not really)
Of course there are bad teachers. There are bad people in every profession.
However blaming the state of your education on bad teachers is like blaming the state of your health care system on bad doctors. It's blatant and deliberate scapegoating.
---------------------
Epsilon
It's also worth noting - the problem often has more to do with not having *enough* teachers, rather than having bad teachers - both because we're a bit short on people who want to be teachers and because there's not enough money in many of the local budgets to hire enough of them. Indeed, teachers almost never start out bad. They start out good, and then the job breaks them over time. If you want to fix the problem of bad teachers (which is, indeed, a good and worthwhile goal) then the best way to go about it is to figure out how to keep the good teachers we've got from breaking, and let the bad ones drop out over time. It's certainly a better technique than firing all of the bad teachers immediately, and then turning with innocent eyes to the good teachers and blithely expecting them to handle class sizes half again as large without folding.