Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When you're at Gitmo, you really can't go home again
When you're at Gitmo, you really can't go home again
Yup, this is kinda messed up.
This might be the point where I make a sarcastic remark about how we're apparently so used to the idea of the United States holding innocent people for years in an extraterritorial prison repeatedly accused of rampant human rights abuse that there's no outrage to be had in the story that a guy could be there for five years without having done anything they could even bring him to trial about. But y'know, by now the whole Gitmo thing is just a steadily bubbling cauldron of seething rage, and apparently it's hard to really introduce truly fresh outrage at this juncture.
Not that everyone else gets off the hook, it's a goddamn disgrace some country won't man up and at least make the symbolic offer of sanctum for wrongfully detained Gitmo prisoners. I'm sure some would rather fight to get back to their homes from there, but at least there would be a choice.
Re: When you're at Gitmo, you really can't go home again
Bugger. On a related note, Australia is currently planning to begin a refugee swapping program with the US in an effort to keep refugees from ever setting foot on Australian soil. I swear we are becoming more and more like the 51st state of the US every day.
And yes, we have one of those offshore refugee processing facilities too.
Re: When you're at Gitmo, you really can't go home again
The original article's gone, I can't help but notice. Two great tastes that go great together!
Re: Re: When you're at Gitmo, you really can't go home agai
Another link to the same article
www.washingtonpost.com/wp...01145.html
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
On a side note, I want to put Senator John Warner in Gitmo. What's the hurry indeed.
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18335977/
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Well if it is procedural then sadly it is excusable. If this is
just bs and feet dragging then someone should get
their ass handed to them.
Wait, RmThorn (i think that's your name), wasn't there a war . . . somewhere wherein Australia had a bunch of Asylum seekers that they put into a camp and were hoping to kick out?
It's really, really, REALLY sad that I had to write "a war somewhere." I should know if there's a war ANYWHERE, but there you go.
-murmur