Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going off on tangents (may be NSFW?)
Re: Going off on tangents (may be NSFW?)
Quote:
You're right, that's a bad choice of words. In fact, fetishes are rarely static - if nothing else, it's been pretty well documented that as you get more of what turns you on, the more you want and the more picky you are about it.
Hmmm. Mine have actually gotten broader and less specific. But then, I also haven't gotten any. '.'
Quote:
But they're still wired in the brain, even if not permanently and unchangingly so. And they don't really have to make any sense.
I guess I"m not sure what the significance of "wired in the brain" is, if they aren't permanent and unchanging.
In any case, I generally find myself driven to, if not have things on their own make sense, to understand my own reactions to things. If only because things I understand are less likely to turn around and bite me one day.
Quote:
Perhaps your disconnect stems from the assumption that women who fantasize about being raped actually want to be raped in real life?
I... don't think so, but I can't safely rule it out either.
The problem is that reality is the yardstick by which I measure my own fantasies. Any fantasy which I wouldn't be willing to live out in real life, *as either participant*, is inherently suspect. (Anything I wouldn't be interested in as both, I start seriously wondering what the point is to begin with. And mind you, this is for things I already find turning me on, not things that I have no interest in at all.)
If I expect other people to evaluate fantasies in the same way, then that would lead to what you suggest. I conciously expect people to *not* do things that way. (Particularly the "either participant" part, I doubt most people switch genders like flipping a light switch in their fantasies...) But it could be affecting my unconcious assumptions.
I can't be certain that I wouldn't react the same either way though. It just seems so... Okay, I can't come up with a single word to use. The best thing I can come up with is "counter to everything I would expect of humans". Which still doesn't sound quite right. Oh well.
But then, if I can't even tell whether I'm making that assumption or not, I certainly can't guess what I'd think if I was in the opposite state, can I?
Quote:
Their fantasies about nonconsensual sex don't mean they actually want to have nonconsensual sex, any more than every person who likes furry art actually wants to have sex with animals or people in fursuits.
The art thing makes me think of another thing that I used to have a hard time reconciling about myself... The conclusion I've finally reached is that when I look at something drawn, there are certain things that I don't see quite as the artist probably intended them...
(On to rmthorn's post!)
>a little kid
Typically a subset of rape. (I say "typically", because while I can't imagine an exception in real life, fiction sometimes throws you curve balls - like 18 year old that look 12, and centuries old that look 15...)
>a dog
Also typically considered nonconsensual. Though I've read some stuff about dolphins, which was quite interesting and I want to never think of it again...
>a rotting corpse
... Well, at least they aren't hurting anyone...
And you're also talking about fantasies rather than the actual act, aren't you? But, like I said, that's how I evaluate fantasies too.
And in any case I still find fantasizing about being a victim less comprehensible than any of it, even if I don't think any of them are very good ideas.
Maybe I should just give up on figuring this one out... but dammit, I hate getting in infinite loops. It always happens when I'm trying to *sleep*. >.>
-Morgan.
"Danger lingers in the air
It's the night of the riot and it tells you to beware"
-"The Fault", Defiance

Messages In This Thread
Re: Going off on tangents (may be NSFW?) - by Kokuten - 04-29-2007, 08:50 AM
Re: Going off on tangents (may be NSFW?) - by Ayiekie - 04-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Re: Going off on tangents (may be NSFW?) - by Kokuten - 04-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Re: Going off on tangents (may be NSFW?) - by Ayiekie - 04-29-2007, 09:51 PM
Re: Going off on tangents (may be NSFW?) - by rmthorn - 04-29-2007, 11:12 PM
Re: Going off on tangents (may be NSFW?) - by Morganite - 04-30-2007, 05:56 AM
Re: Going off on tangents (may be NSFW?) - by Ayiekie - 04-30-2007, 06:18 AM