Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everytime I Begin To Like Japan
Everytime I Begin To Like Japan
They pull something like this.
What kind of fucked up country do you haveto be where this could ever be considered acceptable language from a public official? And Japan is having a population crisis? Japan, one of if not the most overpopulated countries in the world. They should be happy their population is dropping.
Ugh. I'm just going to go be offended in private now.
-----------------
Epsilon
Re: Everytime I Begin To Like Japan
While I don't agree with his language (friggen chauvinist), he does have reason to be concerned about their economy. Overpopulation be damned, if you have a sudden drop in population you're gonna have a recession of the worse kinds.
Black Aeronaut Technologies Group
Aerospace Solutions for the discerning spacer
"But first, let's test it on the penguin."
"Meep?" O.o

And it's not like there hasn't been a hughe uproar in Japan about it. There have been calls for him to resing.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Quote:
There have been calls for him to resing.
Why, was he off-key or something?

-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
I'll just point out something a friend pointed out to me:
This incident is endemic of something wrong with Japan. They know there population is dropping., They have know for a long time. They refused to acknowledge it. They realise there are onyl two solutions a) get more Japanese babies born or b) allow more immigration.
Obviously, this being Japan, option b is not going to happen. So they are stuck harping on option a, which they know isn't going to work.
That is one of the reasons I dislike Japanese policy on this issue. Its both misogynistic and racist.
------------------
Epsilon
Eh, don't worry about it. Give it about ten or twenty years and we'll all be buying real estate there. That's what I'd like to do, anyways. [Image: wink.gif]
Black Aeronaut Technologies Group
Aerospace Solutions for the discerning spacer
"But first, let's test it on the penguin."
"Meep?" O.o