Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punishment not commensurate with the crime...
Punishment not commensurate with the crime...
According to this Register story, an unarmed North Carolina teenager was shot dead by a sheriff's deputy while aforesaid deputy was executing a search warrant at the teen's residence. The teen was suspected of stealing two PS3s.
I thought the "trigger-happy cop" stereotype was a fallacy... If the story is accurate, I hope the deputy gets some unpaid leave time, possibly a few decades' worth...

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Punishment not commensurate with the crime
This isn't that uncommon actually.
Ever since the police started getting laws passed "to better to fight drugs" and now "to fight terrorist" the police have started acting and looking more like the criminals they are supposed to be protecting us from.
Here is a recent example
-------------------
www.zwire.com/site/news.c...7827&rfi=6
-------------------
This is not an isolated incident.
The no knock warrents should almost certainly be illegal.
The no knock method of entry also breaks the spirit if not the letter of the constitutionally given right of innocent until PROVEN guilty by allowing the police to assume guilt and apply excessive force.
No knock searches also strike at the spirit of at least one other basic right given in the constitution. It almost certainly skirts the edges of the constitutions definition of illegal search and seizure because it allows the police to use a method of entry that matches many criminals method of operation.
howard melton
God bless
Re: Punishment not commensurate with the crime
I have had the feelingthat america is degenerating more into a police state evry month. Glad I'm out of there.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Re: Punishment not commensurate with the crime
Agreed, Catty. And people wonder why I'd want to move to Japan.
Black Aeronaut Technologies Group
Aerospace Solutions for the discerning spacer
"To the commissary we should go," Yoda declared firmly. "News
of this kind a danish requires."