Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information link on the Hezbollah
Information link on the Hezbollah
I came across a link on Spacebattles.com with info on the terror group calling itself Hezbollah.
www.timesonline.co.uk/art...68,00.html
It's fairly political so I put it here.
It looks like Israel is pretty much fighting Lebonon forces in spite of what Lebanon's leaders are saying.
When 14 of 128 seats of a nation's government belong to the group that is bombing another nation you are at war with that nation.
howard melton
God bless
Re: Information link on the Hezbollah
Quote:
When 14 of 128 seats of a nation's government belong to the group that is bombing another nation you are at war with that nation.
That's like saying a country is breaking apart when 51 of 308 seats of its government belong to a separatist party - interestingly enough, 51 of 308 seats of Canada's government belong to a separtist party, but the country's holding together just fine...
Hezbollah is a minority group in Lebanese politics. It's not like Palestine and the PLO...

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Re: Information link on the Hezbollah
Quote:
That's like saying a country is breaking apart when 51 of 308 seats of its government belong to a separatist party - interestingly enough, 51 of 308 seats of Canada's government belong to a separtist party, but the country's holding together just fine...
Yes, but if, say... The Bloc started bombing American cities with rocket attacks from the Quebec/US border... and we did nothing about it, then I think that it would be fair if the US said we had attacked them.
There is such a thing as implicit consent. And it is the duty of a government to prevent radicals operating on its soil from attacking their neighbours.
--------------
Epsilon
Info link on Hezbollah
Hello Rob and Epsilon
I have to agree with Epsilon on this and then add in it looks like Lebonon's government has went beyond implicit consent by inaction into active threats in support of the terrorist attacking Israel.
Lebonon's government wouldn't even offer to send in their military to hunt out the Hesbolla malitia lunching the missiles into Israel, but they have threatened to send in the military if Israel invades Lebonon to stop the rocket attacks on thier cities.
Here is a quote for an article and I've personally seen several live interviews with Lebonese officials that warned Israel not to invade and occupy the 10 to 15 miles of territory needed to stop most of the Rockets hitting thier cities.
/QUOTE/
Senior Lebanese officials said the country's army would go into battle if Israel invaded Lebanon.
/ENDQUOTE/
LINK TO above
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middl...205150.stm
howard melton
God bless
Huh
If a minority party of another nation started attacking across the border of another nation. The nation (Lebanon) in this case has the duty of stomping out the minority party. Otherwise, they are legally accountable for what happens next.
So, I don't think the Lebanese army will intervene. We've seen the result of what happens if any army tries to go head to head with the Israelis.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Re: Huh
Quote:
"Consistently, from the Hezbollah heartland, my message was that Hezbollah must stop this cowardly blending among women and children. I heard they were proud because they lost very few fighters and that it was the civilians bearing the brunt of this. I don't think anyone should be proud of having many more women and children dead than armed men." - Jan Egeland, UN Human Rights Observer
--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Out of my hellish sense of curiosity, answer me this, Norway: Do you have something substantial to say, or are you just going to spam the Lebanon threads with that quote? I mean, for all that the others participants may disagree, they are at least trying to present an argument...---
Mr. Fnord
Raving blogger
http://www.jihad.net/
"when edison thinks down pipes into special Future Death Machine, in 21st Century another teenager on MySpace gets hit by a car." --Warren Ellis
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
What I have to say is simple: Hezbollah is a terrorist organization of the most cowardly and hateful sort, and I fully support those who've finally decided to stop putting up with their shit. --
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
re: huh
Theselinks show the news story.
I've heard it claimed that the UN observation outpost was targetted deliberately... I don't know for sure because both sides of the issue have their propaganda machines at full crank.
Yes, I am a cynic these days.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: re: huh
The version I heard: Hezbollah was operating out of the UN observation posts, using them as a launch point for rocket attacks. Canadian officers in the post in question quietly passed word of it to the Israelis, knowing that they would act to put a stop to it.--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Pictures of the UN base before and after
Again this is from a thread at space battles on the destruction of the UN base.
There are pictures on this page of the thread.
forum.spacebattles.com/sh...27&page=11
give the page enough time to load the pictures then scroll down through the post to the thread until you see them.
Depending on your system speed it will take some time to load the page.
howard melton
A Lebanese Shia explains how Hezbollah uses human shields
I thought I'd post this seperate to the previous post.
It's info on the Hezbollah, but not a directly linked to the UN case. It does support provide evidence for the view the Hezbollah were using the UN observers as shields while they attempted to murder jews.
www.judeoscope.ca/article...ticle=0429
Here is an overview of the letter sent from a Lebonese source to a German newspaper editor.
There is a full english translation along with the German version at the above webpage.
In a letter to the editor of the Berlin daily Der Tagesspiegel a Lebanese Shia explains how after Israels withdrawal from South Lebanon, Hezbollah stored rockets in bunkers in his town and built a school and residence over it.
howard melton
Re: A Lebanese Shia explains how Hezbollah uses human shield
Everybody knows Hezbollah uses human shields. The problem in this case was that the UN called the IDF ten times and was assured ten times the building would not be hit, then not only was it hit, but it was hit with a precision laser-guided weapon. As the building was clearly marked, there is no way for that to be an accident: somewhere down the line, somebody decided to deliberately bomb the UN building. Who and why? That's what needs to be investigated, which is why Israel is launching an investigation. Not surprisingly, the UN wants to be involved in the investigation; also not surprisingly, Israel is resisting the idea.
Re: A Lebanese Shia explains how Hezbollah uses human shiel
Given their knowledge of the political fallout from hitting A UN base I have trouble just assuming Israel's military hit it on purpose even with a laser guided weapon.
I can believe individual soldiers or even up to a captain or slightly higher officer could go rogue and target the UN base on purpose, but it's just not likely.
After all their families are the one's being shot at and they know as well as the rest of Israel's government that hitting a UN base would probably flip events to quickly shut down Israels destruction of rockets and other Hezzbolla weapons.
Another thing people forget about precision weapons is even under ideal conditions at absolute best 5 to 10 percent still go wild and miss there target.
In other words in 100 precision weapons fired you have 5 to 10 that for what ever reason go wild and miss the target hitting something else nearby.
Right now what little has come out seems to support the very likely assumption the Hezzbullola were forcing the Israel military to play a form of Russian roulette with the UN base.
The Hezzbulo knew that precision weapons go wrong about 10 percent of the time.
They were forcing Isael to either create a Hezzbula safe fire zone around the UN base or hope the precision weapon wasn't one of those 10 percent that fail and if it was one of those 10 percent that it would also miss the UN base.
There are clear reports of the UN observers seeing multiple cases of rockets platforms being set up in such a way as to put the UN base in danger from a precision weapon going off wild.
The UN commander who would not recall those soldiers is as least as guilty or more guilty of a crime than the Israelly soldiers that were being forced to fire near the base to take out rockets aimed at their cities.
There should be an investigation of why the offsite UN commander would not order those four men to leave the moment it became clear the Hezzbolla were trying to get them caught in the crossfire.

Here is a fairly decent and recent(2003) article on precision weapons.
www.cbsnews.com/stories/2...7048.shtml
howard melton
Iran thinks it's losing?
here is a artcle that is guessing at how the leadership in Iran's is viewing the fight between "their" Hezzbolla and Irael.
www.nytimes.com/2006/07/3...ref=slogin
Might be of interest don't know how accurate it is, but it's a good read from a reputable paper.
howard melton
Israel's hospital raid
Here is a article about it.
www.nypost.com/news/world...ondent.htm
A quick glance through is all I've done so far.
howard melton