Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some people have fascinating priorities.
Some people have fascinating priorities.
news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060...erprinting
Quote:
Advocates for abuse victims said they were unaware of the policy change and accused the dioceses of placing concern for illegal immigrants above children's safety.
-Morgan."I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
---From "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
-----(Not really)
Re: Some people have fascinating priorities.
Have you ever wondered how many peodophiles actually get caught and how many get away with it? There have to be a lot of people that would never show up in a background check as pedophiles. Also they have a hit ratio of about 1 in 7000 now I imagine that in many areas (esspecially those that need the vulonteers most) excluding illegal imigrants probably cuts the number of vulunteers at least in half. (I don't have numbers, but those seem like reasonable guestimates) from that perspective the decision makes sense.
Of course this problem wouldn't even exist if the illegal imigrant problem wasn't there. So resolve that one and then this problem disapears.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Re: Some people have fascinating priorities.
I tend to agree. Besides, they want a sworn affadavit and character references, and the activities with children are supervised. Quite frankly, all of that should be more than enough. If someone's terrified that kids being in a supervised church activity will be molested, perhaps they should not put their children in it. Fingerprint checks are unlikely to make a great deal of difference.
Out of curiosity,just what would you propose as a solution to the illegal immigrant problem?
Illegal imigrants
make them legal. For all of washington posturing that is the only viable solution, as transporting well over 10 million people would be a huge financial burden, putting them in prison would bankrupt the prison system.
First they need to fix the imigration system so no new imigrants are illegal, and finding a good way to do that is hard (There is a warehouse with paper work that still needs to be processed but never will, and people are put in jail or deported because it hasn't been processed (and they didn't keep a copy as proof)), and that is one of the least troublesome things about the imigration service (according to some reports the INS loses 5 forms for each one it processes. That is scarry. They supposedly got less efficient when they where merged with homeland security. That is scarrier.)

Now I don't quite belive all the reports about the INS but I do belive goverment beurocracies are lossy, flawed and slow.
Now the easies way to fix the INS is by getting rid of it, and replacing it with an efficient system, the odds that the goverment can set up an efficient system aren't very good though. One basic change that must happen is to allow more imigrants in, because keeping them out is too expensive. (and imigrants are as a rule net economic gain.) Walls don't work and are incredibly expensive (it didn't work in berlin and they had minefields and shoot on sight orders. And I don't think anyone is willing to endorse lethal force on the Mexico border.)
...too tired, that is way too train of thought instead of something reasoned and quite offtopic. oh well.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."