Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moslem Terror groups also slavers
Moslem Terror groups also slavers
The London Times reports that al Qaeda is specifically targeting Christian children for kidnapping. The children are then sold into domestic slavery and the sex trade, with al Qaeda pocketing the profits.
www.timesonline.co.uk/art...24,00.html
Re: Moslem Terror groups also slavers
Could we get independent confirmation on all the details, please? 'Cause I'm starting to hear echoes of the blood libel, and it's starting to worry me.---
Mr. Fnord
Raving blogger
http://www.jihad.net/
"when edison thinks down pipes into special Future Death Machine, in 21st Century another teenager on MySpace gets hit by a car." --Warren Ellis
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Muslem slavery
I've been seeing first hand reports from missionaries and church groups about the kidnapping and enslaving of chirstian children mostly female.
What supprised me was the boys mentioned in the article, most of the slavery reported by the missionaries and church operatives are young christian women.
Those sources or news letters are circulated off line and without names to protect the missionaries who live under constant threat of discovery that can be followed by torture and death.
A lot of the slavery isn't called slavery by the mass news media, especially the slavery in Saudi Arabia and other "friendly" muslem nations. Where large numbers of female Pakistanis, Thais, Cambodians, Filipinos, Indians are essentially tricked into living in slavery conditions with no recorse or escape.
The slavery mentioned above is by more moderate Muslems and the terror groups are anything, but moderate so I don't see a blood libel.
Below are some web pages of discussion on the subject most were pulled up nearly randomly from a search engine.
There is a lot of "Blood libel" or propaganda by racist and KKK type groups on muslem slavery, it's in the same vein as the rumours of "Chinese slavers" used by KKK and racist in the last century and previous century.
The reason I posted a link to the article because based on other sources it seems to be accurate and had the additional information of them dealing in young men.
www.jihadwatch.org/cgi-bi...ry_id=2354

www.firstthings.com/ftiss...egory.html
www.aaregistry.com/africa..._happening
www.jihadwatch.org/cgi-bi...ry_id=4386
www.discoverthenetwork.or...id-in.html
www.vex.net/~nizkor/ftp.c...lave-trade
Personally I'm basing my belief on the muslem slavery issue on the material reported by the missionaries.
howard melton
God bless
Re: Muslem slavery
Quote:
Those sources or news letters are circulated off line and without names to protect the missionaries who live under constant threat of discovery that can be followed by torture and death.
So they can't be verified. That poses a problem, because any idiot can make up a story & say "it really happened, but the names have been changed to protect the people involved." That's how urban legends and those fucking idiotic glurge chain letters spread. Without some sort of method for verification...
Quote:
The slavery mentioned above is by more moderate Muslems and the terror groups are anything, but moderate so I don't see a blood libel.
Well, there's your blood libel:
"The MUSLIMS are ENSLAVING CHRISTIAN BOYS & GIRLS and GIVING the MONEY to TERRORISTS!"
That right there is trying to tar a large number of people - the vast, vast majority of which don't have a thing to do with the slave trade (many of whom, in fact, being on the wrong end of the whip there). You may not have intended that, and you may not believe it, but that's the echo.
Now, is there a slave trade in Africa? Yes, there is. Are "moderate" Muslims are selling people and giving the profits to their local al-Quaeda franchise? Well... doesn't seem like that to me. The subject of the Times Online article is a known millitant with connections to various & sundry other millitants, and I'm apparently missing the moderate connection.---
Mr. Fnord
Raving blogger
http://www.jihad.net/
"when edison thinks down pipes into special Future Death Machine, in 21st Century another teenager on MySpace gets hit by a car." --Warren Ellis
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Muslem slavery
These missionaries I'm referring to are people sent to nations and in addition to being a witness for the christian faith they report what they see in private news letters to the supporting churches and give eyewitness accounts when they return home to give reports to the churches that are supporting them.
There is probably more oversight and checking of missionaries than there are of most reporters.
They aren't "just any idiots". This sounds like your very close to having a "blood libel" against missionries.
You don't have to believe, but I personally put more trust in the face to face accounts and rich background details than the impersonal filtered sound bite reports given by the news media.
Sadly the Jonesboro school shooting of a few years ago highlighted how badly the "professional" news media can slant or distort what they report in the sound bites, video snippets and even in the "In depth" article that make national news and magazines.

I agree most of the moderate muslems aren't actively involved in the slave trade or supporting the terror groups, but I think you would be shocked at how large a majority of even the moderate muslems believe there is nothing wrong with slavery or owning a slave as long as he or she wasn't of the muslem faith.
For many muslems slavery is a valid system of ownership and it meshes nicely with the belief that non-muslems are at best 3ird class humans ranking behind women.
The source of the statement above comes from personal experience and is probably most valid for the Saudi, Iranian and Kawaite citizens.
It's based on a few close Saudi and Kawaiti friends I knew over nearly 8 years and personal experiences with being a study partner to several dozen middle east students (mostly science and engineering majors) over a 5 year period in the late 1980's and early 1990's.
In spite of having been born and raised in Arkansas by parents and grandparents all born in the state I have no southern accent.
Many foreign students struggling with english and the unfamiliar southern accent looked me up to help them with many required engineering classes both within the engineering department or outside requirements such as American History.
The secondary discussions the notes from the history classes generated were very interesting and I remember how surprised I was at the muslem student's view on slavery and what they thought the majority view of others in the homeland were.
Almost by definition most of these students were moderate muslems from moderate families and yet most saw little wrong with slavery or the ownership of a person especialy of non-muslem women.
Before I forget I'm not saying or even trying to imply that the missionary's newletters or reports are constantly mention kidnapping or the slavery issue, but it does come up often enough to make me believe that the muslem faith has a weakness for slavery especially of women.

howard melton
God bless
Re: Muslem slavery
I'll trust hard facts, carefully vetted research, and data from experts before I'll trust anecdotal opinions, thanks.
Aside from that, you should try to be more careful to consider the difference between what you may think of as a religiously influenced viewpoint and a culturally influenced viewpoint, the latter of which is vastly more important to most people.
The Bible explicitly endorses the taking of slaves - does that mean you are pro-slavery? The Koran specifically says People of the Book are in fact to be treated well - does that mean Osama Bin Laden is your buddy?
Muslim Slavery
Sorry Ayiekie I've been trying to finish planting for the last few days and mostly forgot about this thread.
I only checked the main page showing the outer layer of topics which for "politics and other fun" hadn't changed since my post on the 25th.
When I posted the goggle thread I notice your reply.
/QUOTE/
I'll trust hard facts, carefully vetted research, and data from experts before I'll trust anecdotal opinions, thanks.
/ENDQUOTE/
That's fine and part of the reason I took time to explain my sources.
Thats what reporters use anecdotal opinoins and anecdotal testomony from witnesses and they "vett" it by filtering it through there opinions and beliefs finding other sources that back the opinions and beliefs.
I personally have come to the conclusion that many reporters are from my point of view are more liberal than my views and they filter out the more conservative supporting data.
I'm not holding it against them I also believe the conservative reporters filter out the liberal supporting data.
For me an better reporter would be at least 2 people one liberal and one conservative each having to write an article that is jointly publish.
/QUOTE/
Aside from that, you should try to be more careful to consider the difference between what you may think of as a religiously influenced viewpoint and a culturally influenced viewpoint, the latter of which is vastly more important to most people.
/ENDQUOTE/
I'm aware of that and again thats why I went into detail about the source of my opinion on the Muslims in general.
I'm aware that Saudi Arabia has a very radical form of the Muslim religion that is interwoven with thier culture and a outgrowth of it's fairly violent roots.
/QUOTE/
The Bible explicitly endorses the taking of slaves - does that mean you are pro-slavery? The Koran specifically says People of the Book are in fact to be treated well - does that mean Osama Bin Laden is your buddy?
/ENDQUOTE/
I believe the "book" you are referring to in the example you give is interpreted by the radical groups as to be the Koran.
Yes, I know the muslim often refer to Chirstians as being the "followers of the book", which in that case is a referance to the BIBLE.
I've not got a copy of the Koran handy, but I seem to remember reading several passages that non-muslims are not to be well treated.
Also I believe the Koran says that the Jews or friends of the Jews are not to be well treated.

Reading the sections of the BiBLE dealing with slavery or servatude which seem to have the same meaning at least in the laws that are attributed to Moses, Joshua and judges period.
Actually the old testament and new testament are pretty pragmatic about slavery or servants.
Like multiple wives it was allowed especially in the old testament.
In the new testament most of what it says about slavery, servatude or "those that have dominion over you" is geared to surviving under gentile masters and attempts to bring them to the christian faith.
There are few scriptures, but the few examples seem to point fairly clearly to a christian master having to treat his slaves more like modern servants or indentured servants.
First Corinthians 7:21 through 7:24 paraphrased seems to be saying...
If your a servant or slave and can't buy your freedom then live with your servatude, but that it is better to not be a servant and since all christian are servants to God no christian should prevent a man from being a servant to God.

In the old testament slave is often used interchangably with servant and under the Hebrew laws slavery was supposed to be like what we today think of more as indentured servants than slaves.
For a Hebrew it can only be 7 years with an option to leave.
(Note this 7 year opting out doesn't seem to apply to the daughters of the master.)
Any Hebrew sold to a Gentile must be bought back within 7 years.
Any Slave(Gentile or Hebrew) that escapes from a Gentile master is allowed to live within the Jewish community without the Hebrews being able to return them.
A captured maid taken as a wife must be given her freedom if she is "divorced".
While captured men were taken as slaves or servants it seemed pretty clear with few exceptions God wanted them killed instead.In several cases he wanted every person in certain tribes or towns to be killed.
A slave or servant who is abused to losing a body part with the examples being a tooth or an eye must be given their freedom.
Also, while beating slaves or servants isn't forbidden if the slave dies immediately after the beating the master would be punished. (The punishment isn't specified, but might be either slavery or death it seems to an assumed that a standard punishment would be used probably the one for murder or theft.)
howard melton
God bless

[Image: eyes.gif]