Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minutemen May Help Build Fence Along U.S.-Mexico Border
Minutemen May Help Build Fence Along U.S.-Mexico Border
This just might take most of the decision about what to do about illegal aliens out of the politicians hands.
www.foxnews.com/story/0,2...21,00.html
The politicians won't like that if we start doing things for ourselves we might decide to fire them.
howard melton
God bless

[Image: eyes.gif]
Re: Minutemen May Help Build Fence Along U.S.-Mexico Border
Seriously, what are you going to build it out of?
The berlin wall as 12 feet tall, and made out of reinforced concrete. It was reinforced by mesh fencing, signal fencing, anti-vehicle trenches, barbed wire, over armed watchtowers, and twenty bunkers with garrisoned troops.
Troops willing to shoot to kill.
it was less than a 100 miles long, and still cost 16,155,000 East German marks to build, leaving aside maitenance costs.
People STILL made it over.
The us/mexico border is 2 *thousand* miles.
Unless you actually garrison/heavily patrol the border, any physical wall can be compromised by destroying it or just piling a truckload of sandbags on one side.
Never mind the fact that our economy would probably implode if agri-business had to actually start paying market wages for seasonal workers.
Re: Minutemen May Help Build Fence Along U.S.-Mexico Border
Y'know, this would be some impressive comedy fodder if it wasn't for the strong probability that these bigoted lackwits were either going to
a) blow away a group of unarmed people near the border for the crime of being ethnic without papers, or
b) run into a gang of coyotes, who'd massacre them on general principles.---
Mr. Fnord
Raving blogger
http://www.jihad.net/
"when edison thinks down pipes into special Future Death Machine, in 21st Century another teenager on MySpace gets hit by a car." --Warren Ellis
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
There is nothing funny about it.
/Quote/
Y'know, this would be some impressive comedy fodder if it wasn't for the strong probability that these bigoted lackwits were either going to
a) blow away a group of unarmed people near the border for the crime of being ethnic without papers, or
b) run into a gang of coyotes, who'd massacre them on general principles.
/End Quote/
There is nothing of comedy to it.
And a lackwit is any person who makes assumptions and statements about an issue without checking.
These people are tresspassing on private property and while most are probably harmless a large percentage are not.
You have no concept of what it's like to have a large numbers of often shady and sometimes armed strangers using your property without permission for unpredictable and often illegal purposes.
While I live no where near the border I sadly have experience with people forcing themselves onto my farm land or my home place and putting it to their personal use.
Have you ever had to stare down a man wild on one drug he's still smoking, while going through withdrawel for another? A man who walks out of your parent's pasture covered in mud and screaming at the imaginary DEA in the woods.
(It took the local police two days to respond.)
It's no fun chasing cattle for hours because someone cut your fences or left the gates open.
Have you ever had Grave robbers come in to the indian mounds day or night digging 2 to 4 foot deep trenches that are can be several feet long trampling crops and leaving metal rods used for probing or metal tools that puncture or slash tractor tires.
(Tractor tires that are taller than you are and given the water ballast can weigh more than a small car.)
Variations of the above has happend multiple times.
Have you ever been driving your own property on your private equipment trails and suddenly come on a group of eight to ten men in two cars with a drug deal going down?
Have you ever been star gazing on your own property at 3 AM when a small convoy of vehicles crosses your land less than a 1/3 mile away headed for the river?
How about I raise the stakes by mentioning about 15 minutes later that a screaming match erupts and that degenerates into a firefight with at least one submachine gun and multiple calibers of other small arms being fired wildly about 2 miles from your position.
How would you like sitting there using your engine block as a shield against possible stray rounds until the convoy heads back out into the hills.
I live in Arkansas no where near the border and yet all the above has happened to me.
A little research would show you that the Mexican/American border has all these type of incidents and even more.
None of these type of incidents are considered worthy of national news unless there is a national controversy or a large number of bodies are found and even then it's iffy about being picked up for even a sound bite or a one liner on the news channel scroll or webpage.
I don't hate the mexicans and as a farmer I understand probably far better than you or any other non-farmer on this group how critical cheap mexican labor is to to american agriculture.
I have yet to find an another American who isn't already a farmer willing to work for minimum wage and help me shovel manure or patch rices field with shovels.
Before you complain about minimum wage I'd like to point out that thanks to an overflow and a drought combined with the surge in fuel prices I've not personally made minimum wage after expenses in the last two years.

I'm all for allowing large numbers of legal immigrant workers, but the flood of illegal immigrants crossing our borders is a hazard that needs to be addressed and hopefully slowed and stopped.
The larger corperate farms and agri-businesses often economically abuse the flood of illegal immigrants they hire and it is unfare to the agri-businesses and farmers that are determined to follow the ethical, legal and moral path of hiring legal immigrant workers .
I resent having to compete against the agri-industries that are hiring the flood of illegal immigrants for less than minimum wage ignoring all the costly secondary benifits that I must pay legal immigrant workers.
howard melton
God bless
Re: There is nothing funny about it.
To be honest if our industries has to survive by illegal means then it needs to crash. We can then rebuild it into something
legal otherwise why obey any laws at all?
A Mexican economist freaked out when he bothered with math. Specifically he looked at the Mckain/Kennedy(?) one (the most people are made not illegal) and calculated if the bill passed the Mexican economy would spontaneously lose 40% of its GNP. Which would collapse it.
The thing is I remember is that Clinton bought up insane amounts of the pesos so they wouldn't collapse in 1990s. This is part of why the Euro and the English pounds are so high against the dollar. The Mexican government is running the country so badly they need the US so they don't collapse.
The illegal immigrants brings in all sorts of fun diseases the US mostly has gotten rid of. Leprosy, TB, and other fun plagues. They trash any area they come through without care and will walk through Death Valley with no supplies if it means getting here. They die a lot already. We just don't hear about it. That idiots are putting up food and water stations in the desert just make things worse... more are emboldened and die.
Nevermind that they come to get free cures for plagues and spread them. Nevermind that the current laws say if your in the US illegally for a week and have a kid its a US citizen... so it ties up the courts. Nevermind that we are effectively supporting rich Mexican despots. Nevermind that people are shipped as cargo and many die in sweltering truck trailers. Nevermind they are coming here to earn the cash they can't in the mess of Mexico's economy. Nevermind that villages are collapsing as everyone illegal comes to the US.
US businesses are ripping them off on wages/benefits and the illegals can't do anything else about it, because they'll get deported. Supporting illegal immigration IS racism. Its creating a subclass of of landless serfs.
For instance in LA there are really poor blacks willing to do all the construction and day labor work for minimum wage... the illegals are taking their jobs. Not, because of lack of day laborers, but because businesses can avoid labor laws and benefits by hiring illegals.
As for the fence... its barbed wire then and anti vehicle pit, then a steel fence. Then a layer of motion detectors and another fence.. then another pit and more barbed wire. All of this on private land... because the illegals are trashing ranches and towns. A lot of it will be donated labor and they are planning on paying for it with donations. I don't think it will be all that hard to get 1 dollar or so donations from people. They calculate the price at 10-12 million.
We have people selling themselves into rightless employment for thousands of dollars each. More pay to bring more family members over. What we have is rightless labor with very little income, with no land but doing all these jobs for basically no compensation. So rich guys can get richer.
Enforcing the boarders is not racism. Supporting them coming here is supporting their abuse. Supporting illegal immigrations is actual supporting something else. Supporting illegal immigration is supporting SLAVERY. US rights of citizenship are not theirs... they are SLAVES.
So you may say I'm a racist for not wanting them to come here illegally. On the other hand your advocating slavery.
Quote:
b) run into a gang of coyotes, who'd massacre them on general principles.

The fact that 'b' is possible, much less probable, is proof that we need to secure the border in the first place.--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Re: There is something VERY funny about it.
On a much more amusing note, go watch this.--
"An errand is getting a tank of gas or picking up a carton of milk or something. It is not getting chased by flying purple pyromaniac gorillas hurling incendiary poo."
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all.